Ladder and league distribution

01/21/2014 02:18 PMPosted by BillyTheKid
FIX THE LADDER ILL PAY $$

I think there are masters around selling each rank up on your account. Isn't it the same thing?
Edited by Caylara on 1/21/2014 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
I just got home, fired up starcraft, excited to play my 'placement' match and see where I end up.

Started up a game... glhf.... pool's almost finished.... *CRASH*

I've never crashed before w/ sc2.

Nice job with the patch, guys.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't if I were them. It would accomplish nothing.
Reply Quote
It's a straight adjustment of league borders. Your MMR isn't being re-calculated. Your MMR remains the same. The change is in where your MMR places you.

Your MMR is intertwined with your league. There are so many Masters players I've faced that are Diamond right now. If everyone gets promoted but keeps their MMR things are still going to be messed up. People are still going to be facing people way worse or way better than them.
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 02:20 PMPosted by Incubus
It's a straight adjustment of league borders. Your MMR isn't being re-calculated. Your MMR remains the same. The change is in where your MMR places you.

Your MMR is intertwined with your league. There are so many Masters players I've faced that are Diamond right now. If everyone gets promoted but keeps their MMR things are still going to be messed up. People are still going to be facing people way worse or way better than them.

Unfortunately, they didn't promise to change how the messed up MMR works. Just the actual league changes. (they may have anyway, but Theskunk's pointed out they didn't say they were going to).

Which is stupid, but not totally unexpected
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 02:20 PMPosted by Caylara
FIX THE LADDER ILL PAY $$

I think there are masters around selling each rank up on your account. Isn't it the same thing?

No i can do it myself ive been rank 1 for a week playing vs masters it wont promote me.
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 02:20 PMPosted by Incubus

I'm telling you what Blizzard told us. That the adjustment was to league boundaries, not MMR. Which brings me back to my point: that Blizzard needs to communicate, and is horribad at it.
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 02:28 PMPosted by Teo
Which brings me back to my point: that Blizzard needs to communicate, and is horribad at it.

I agree with this 100%.
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 02:24 PMPosted by BillyTheKid

No i can do it myself ive been rank 1 for a week playing vs masters it wont promote me.

Just for clarity, rank 1 doesn't actually matter. Your winrate does,and it doesn't look much higher than 50%. Your not getting promoted probably doesn't really have much to do with how ladder is broken atm.
Reply Quote
Holy...

guys guys. Play more games. This is DAY ONE of Patch 2.1.

You know as well as I do, that a number of you stopped laddering until 2.1. Meanwhile everyone else was leapfrogging you during your absence.

Play more games and the system will see how incredibly awesome you are, and promote you. Yes, I believe in you.
Reply Quote
When did anyone say "Play one game to get promoted"?

This sounds like an overly-hyped misconception to me.
Reply Quote

But if everyone stay at the same league it means the distribution wasn't fixed.

Having 42% of players in Bronze instead of 8%, 6% in plat instead of 20% and 4% in diamond instead of 18% means a lot of people should have been promoted, some even two leagues up if the patch indeed fixed the ladder.

Seeing how as no one has been promoted as of yet, people are assuming the problem wasn't fixed, and I believe they're assuming correctly.
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 02:24 PMPosted by BillyTheKid

You have one more win than loss. ONE. What makes you think you deserve to be promoted?
Reply Quote

Ooh, I so do love when people say this. Because then I get to quote a Blizzard rep with direct evidence.

Only we've got a change to how the leagues are apportioned in patch 2.1.

After 2.1 goes live, you'll play one match and then be adjusted. Some players may not be adjusted much. Others will get to skip up the ladder.

I know we can't yet say precisely when the patch will go live. It's in a stage where we're busy with quality assurance on it, and since we never know how long that will take, we don't set firm dates for the following stages of patching.

From: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/11039723988?page=2#24

Edit: Wow did that get screwed up.
Edited by Teo on 1/21/2014 2:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Kaivax said if you play 1 game i think he deleted the post since i cant find it
Edited by BillyTheKid on 1/21/2014 2:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
same for me, 85+% of victory and no up, nothing was done at this time...
Normally the situation have to become like that :
https : / / docs.google.com/file/d/0B726Hp5_2k4GWGRuOU84UGh1THM/edit
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 02:40 PMPosted by BillyTheKid
Kaivax if you play 1 game i think he deleted the post since i cant find it

No, you just didn't look very hard.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/11039723988?page=2#24

Literally just went to Kaivax's post history, scrolled through (it was on page 5 or so).

Chill out dude.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
01/21/2014 02:40 PMPosted by BillyTheKid

I didn't delete it.

We're looking into what's happening.

We'll have more information for you in a little while.
Reply Quote
A wild Blue has appeared!

Fingers crossed.
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 02:45 PMPosted by Kaivax

I didn't delete it.

We're looking into what's happening.

We'll have more information for you in a little while.

Thankee sir ^^, I appreciate the communication. We're not all self-important jackasses ya know lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]