StarCraft® II

Ladder and league distribution

01/21/2014 07:03 PMPosted by Kero
Guess we have to wait another 5 months for a ladder fix.
Reply Quote
I wonder what the chances are that they need another server restart/maintenance to fix this, but they can't due to WCS America Challenger matches?
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 07:30 PMPosted by Ezaku
I wonder what the chances are that they need another server restart/maintenance to fix this, but they can't due to WCS America Challenger matches?

if this was the case they should say so instead of leaving us in the dark
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Good evening, everyone.

I just wanted to stop back in here and let you know that we’ve been watching the data roll in this afternoon, and so far, so good. We’ve seen a big uptick in promotions, and every player that we’ve spot-checked (including at least one who posted in this thread) has been statistically affected as expected.

The process of making league distribution better align with the desired percentages wasn’t expected to be instantaneous, and we will continue to monitor results very closely. We’re on it.

I (or another CM) will check back in on the issue for you, and update you again tomorrow.
Reply Quote
Thats odd, all I've seen is bronze league getting bigger :/
Reply Quote
how can i search through extension mods?
i only have the option to search through maps, and i have no idea how i am suppose to find new extensions. and then how do i look at what extensions i have bookmarked........
Edited by Life on 1/21/2014 7:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
I can tell you right now, nope. I won more than 80% of my games last season so unless it completely reset my mmr again I would assume I would be promoted. I usually don't get my hopes up with Blizzard though. I've learned : )
Reply Quote
Bronze league has gotten bigger when i made my first post it was 42% now its 44% http://nios.kr/sc2/global/1v1/hots/
Reply Quote
Well it has only gone up .12% in america where the patch hit, but still.
Reply Quote
That algorithm is probably considered "Intellectual Property"

Releasing it does absolutely zero good for Blizzard, would give fodder for the community to question Blizzard and "suggest" fixes that won't work etc.

Literally all it does is quench your curiosity.

01/21/2014 06:17 PMPosted by Tura
No. Blizzard has never released the algorithms used for hidden MMR ratings, and never will. The whole point of it being hidden is to hide it; showing the algorithm would be counter-productive.

That won't show a person's hidden mmr, just show how the algorithm works.
Reply Quote
It is good this is being checked on, but it sounds like it is more of a slow change than the instantaneous one that had been alluded to in Blizzard posts on this.

As long as it eventually gets to the 2 18 20 20 30 20 that it is supposed to be at and that worked very well for so long then this is fine.

But somehow I worry it wont get to the WOL league distributions again and that would be disappointing considering they worked very well
Reply Quote
Good evening, everyone.

I just wanted to stop back in here and let you know that we’ve been watching the data roll in this afternoon, and so far, so good. We’ve seen a big uptick in promotions, and every player that we’ve spot-checked (including at least one who posted in this thread) has been statistically affected as expected.

The process of making league distribution better align with the desired percentages wasn’t expected to be instantaneous, and we will continue to monitor results very closely. We’re on it.

I (or another CM) will check back in on the issue for you, and update you again tomorrow.

LOL, I'm sorry but I can't accept that as a real answer. Considering the post where it was stated most people will see a promotion after a single game, I think you and your team are way off. Going through the forums and reddit, no one has reported a promotion. Bronze league is showing it has actually gotten larger.

Based on the previous sizes of Bronze and Silver, and your posted "goal" league sizes of 8% for bronze and 20% for silver, literally every person in bronze should have been promoted. Previous size of bronze was over 40% which is larger than the combined 28% of the ideal bronze and silver, so literally every person in silver should be promoted to either gold or platinum. So far not one person in silver that have responded on reddit has been promoted. My nephew has played 12 games today and is still in silver league.

Based on the math of what platinum, diamond and masters was before to what it ideally should be (20%, 18%, 2%), everyone in platinum should have been promoted to diamond. Currently Plat/Diamond/Masters makes up 10.92% of the ladder. With 2% of that being dedicated to masters, that means 8.92% is left, which is almost 10% smaller than how big diamond should be. Everyone currently in diamond (except a few who should get promoted to masters to make it a full 2%) and everyone in platinum, as well as the next 10% of people playing ladder who are currently in gold, should have been promoted to diamond. Instead, no one has been promoted.

Your ladder is still broken, and you're using smoke and mirrors to try and justify the fact that your patch 2.1 didn't fix it.
Reply Quote
I don't think the increase in Bronze league players has anything to do with the new players that bought SC2 during this patch after trying out most of it.
Reply Quote
Kaivax, can you tell us Blizzard's desired distribution? Are they trying to get it back to what was promised when HotS dropped, or are you trying something new?
Reply Quote
I've noticed a drop in skill in the last four opponents in silver league, so it seems like it's working to me.
Reply Quote
Great post Decy exactly my words !
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 08:14 PMPosted by RageweaweR
Great post Decy exactly my words !

Thanks. Curious to see if I get a response, or just ignored.
Reply Quote
Definitely a LOL response by Kaivax given the circumstances and people's experiences.
Reply Quote
Patch 2.1 did not seem to do anything for my problem or many others I know. Once again I am still in Gold ladder and really playing at a Diamond level. Once again I am still fighting Platinums/Masters/Diamonds in the Gold ladder who are -also- ranked gold like me.

I thought 2.1 would bring the resurrection for many of us good customers but it didn't and I am reluctant to play any competitive ladder until it's fixed.
Reply Quote
@Decy - Were they seriously expecting a promotion -after- one game??? LOL in that case it definitely doesn't work. Why am I not back in Diamond like I was in June!?!?
Edited by Violet on 1/21/2014 8:27 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]