StarCraft® II

The military

02/02/2014 06:44 PMPosted by Hylozoist
02/01/2014 08:04 PMPosted by Luftwaffe
At the same time hylozoist I don't agree with the amount of welfare the democrats are pushing, we shouldnt abolish it but it is rather abused nowadays. Abuse can be something like selling food stamps, living off welfare, etc.

This is a lie which has been pushed by certain subsets of the republicans.

Abuse of welfare is vanishingly small; less than 2% of welfare funds spent are attributed to fraudulent cases. In 2012, only around 2.5% of cases had any instance of fraud, most of which was minor.

I see it alot more since i live less than half an hour away from Bridgeport CT, so in that sense I am a little biased, even if welfare takes up barely 2-3% of our budget its still rather annoying to see people use my money for their groceries. Humane or not, this is simply my opinion, and it won't change.
Reply Quote
02/04/2014 03:06 PMPosted by Luftwaffe
Humane or not, this is simply my opinion, and it won't change.

That represents a fundamental flaw in your thinking.

The willingness to keep believing something in the face of all evidence is a character flaw, not a strength.

its still rather annoying to see people use my money for their groceries.

It's not 'your money,' its tax money.

You benefit to an extreme amount on the back of the society you live in, tax is the method by which we all keep that society which benefits us going.

Your 'annoyance' at people who require assistance to ensure that they meet basic necessities of living is just ridiculous.
Reply Quote
02/06/2014 09:06 PMPosted by Hylozoist
Humane or not, this is simply my opinion, and it won't change.

That represents a fundamental flaw in your thinking.

The willingness to keep believing something in the face of all evidence is a character flaw, not a strength.

its still rather annoying to see people use my money for their groceries.

It's not 'your money,' its tax money.

You benefit to an extreme amount on the back of the society you live in, tax is the method by which we all keep that society which benefits us going.

Your 'annoyance' at people who require assistance to ensure that they meet basic necessities of living is just ridiculous.

Noones perfect :) I guess i have this flaw, my opinion still stands, welfare needs to be changed (not abolished, but certainly changed).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]