StarCraft® II

API Key Update

(Locked)

Battle.net Developer
Hey guys!

We’re in the process of revamping our key system in order to alleviate certain problems it causes for our APIs. We’re also working on improvements for APIs and corresponding documentation. The full list of changes will be disclosed at a later time.

In the meantime, we are adjusting the anonymous limit to be the same as the registered key limit on all three community APIs. This means that keys are no longer a requirement. Everyone that doesn’t currently have a key or is in the key queue no longer needs one. All previously issued keys will still work, and you should be able to continue using them without any problems. Should you run into complications with previously issued keys, feel free to send us a message.

We have a lot of features planned for our APIs in the coming year. Keep sending us your feedback, questions and ideas!
Sounds great!

The one thing I would like most is meta data on ladders (league, game version and mode). That would remove a lot of unnesecary getting of random player in that ladder to deduce the information.

Another thing that would be great to have is bonus pool information for players.
any chance of changing /api/sc2/ladder/id

to

/api/sc2/ladders/{id}/{members}

while you are at it, so people don't have to do recursive queries to get a complete picture? It would probably actually reduce the calls to the api...

This allows for a better REST syntax?

• /api/sc2/ladders/ = meta data including seasons and start/end dates
  • /api/sc2/ladders/{league}/{season} = a list of all ladders for a league and season)
  • /api/sc2/ladders/{league}/{season}/{id} = the METADATA for a particular ladder (gold league etc)
  • /api/sc2/ladders/{league}/{season}/{id}/{members} = what is currently known as /api/sc2/ladder/id

Edit: updated my example to allow better interrogation for league (bronze, silver, etc) and seasons (16,17 etc)

Many thanks in advance ;)
Edited by BringTheRain on 3/19/2014 1:46 AM PDT
After season18 change,
the API is returning wrong data.

I have no played any match yet,
but the API is returning 301 matchs (same of season 17).
Inside the game I can see 0 for totals.

someone knows something about that ?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]