Balance Patch, New Test Map, and Daedalus Fix

02/03/2014 11:19 AMPosted by zusch
I'm sure lots of people are open to a Ghost buff, but the reason Blizzard gives is completely backwards.

Why can't Blizzard nerf MSC vision now? And then nerf it some more later when they finally realize how necessary it is?

To drastic nerfs in a small time frame. They are barely even touching time-warp and that took what? 5 months of complaining?
Reply Quote
"- Make the natural expansion ramp smaller on Daedalus Point."

- Thank you!
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 11:20 AMPosted by llIIllIIllII
whooo a patch that fixes nothing im still going to die to every blink all in in the world thanks to the broken mothership core yayyyyyyyy

The Time Warp nerf is a direct nerf to Blink All ins, even if it's a minor one.
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 11:21 AMPosted by Vindicare
Why are you guys so hesitant to do something about the Swarm Host?

It's not like there's an even a small faction of the community on ANY of the major Starcraft sites begging you to keep the Swarm Host like it is.
I don't understand this either, why not fix what has been causing problems? Then adjust other units accordingly afterward.
Reply Quote
good stuff , cant wait for ghosts beeing used finally
Reply Quote
can someone test the hydra +2 range +shoot through PDD buff?
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 11:22 AMPosted by InFaMOUS
02/03/2014 11:21 AMPosted by Vindicare
Why are you guys so hesitant to do something about the Swarm Host?

It's not like there's an even a small faction of the community on ANY of the major Starcraft sites begging you to keep the Swarm Host like it is.
I don't understand this either, why not fix what has been causing problems? Then adjust other units accordingly afterward.

It seems completely backward that they'd rather test something that could potentially create stupid balance problems like the Tempest change (not saying it will) without actually addressing the unit actually CAUSING the problem.

Most pros aren't even convinced the Tempest change will actually do very much at stopping the kind of playstyle they're trying to avoid.

So instead of going directly at the source, a unit that is wildly unpopular to begin with, they take complete round about paths that don't make any sense.

It just doesn't make sense to me.
Edited by Vindicare on 2/3/2014 11:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 10:58 AMPosted by Dayvie
EMP changes

Huh?
Reply Quote
What about Photon overcharge ?
Reply Quote
Not changing photon overcharge in any way is a massive oversight.
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 11:20 AMPosted by NinjaDuckBob
At our level, map balance matters little,

That is a lie.

At every level the map matter if you have more than one build.
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span>I don't understand this either, why not fix what has been causing problems? Then adjust other units accordingly afterward.

It seems completely backward that they'd rather test something that could potentially create stupid balance problems like the Tempest change (not saying it will) without actually addressing the unit actually CAUSING the problem.

Most pros aren't even convinced the Tempest change will actually do very much at stopping the kind of playstyle they're trying to avoid.

So instead of going directly at the source, a unit that is wildly unpopular to begin with, they take complete round about paths that don't make any sense.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

Nothing they do makes any sense ever. It seems like they can't balance the game at all. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I can do it, or hell probably no one on this forum can balance the game perfectly and make it really fun and fair however one thing is certain, The balance team seems to have no idea on how to fix actual problems or any problems they find.

They openly said SH are a problem, and rather than attack the problem(Like Broodlord/infestor), they tip-toe around it and try this odd change to see if tempest is the answer? Not making a lot of sense because it's either 2 things are going to happen

1) The change will do nothing and the same play will continue

2) The tempest change will make the build weaker, but unless it outright kills it, then the same playstyle will happen
Edited by Drathjon on 2/3/2014 11:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
At our level, map balance matters little, except on blatantly anti-meta maps like Daedalus Point where Speedling all-ins are currently INCREDIBLY powerful against anything standard that Protoss can do (specifically, FFE, 1-Gate expand, and Nexus first).

This is 100% true. Let's tone down the drama a tad Robo. I've noticed a significant increase in it lately.
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 11:25 AMPosted by Kelthar
02/03/2014 10:58 AMPosted by Dayvie
EMP changes

Huh?

Ghosts are going to start with Moebius Reactor built in, meaning they can use an EMP the moment they are trained now without needing that upgrade first.

It's a buff to defensive EMP usage.
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 11:30 AMPosted by Drathjon
Nothing they do makes any sense ever. It seems like they can't balance the game at all. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I can do it, or hell probably no one on this forum can balance the game perfectly and make it really fun and fair however one thing is certain, The balance team seems to have no idea on how to fix actual problems or any problems they find.

They openly said SH are a problem, and rather than attack the problem(Like Broodlord/infestor), they tip-toe around it and try this odd change to see if tempest is the answer? Not making a lot of sense

The reason Blizzard can't balance the game is because they refuse to revert nerfs/buffs and admit they made a mistake. Instead they tinker with a different factor and create a whole new slew of balance issues. Snowball effect.
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 11:12 AMPosted by voodooNOiZE
As a protoss point of view :

- Time Warp cost increased from 75 to 100

it's an ok nerf

- Ghosts start with the energy upgrade built in
it's too much ... 1st the thanks start with siege , now ghost start with energy.. what's next? hellion with blue flame? it's an upgrade and should remain the same...

- Make the natural expansion ramp smaller on Daedalus Point.
yay! . good edit.

To this point all I'll say is.

Why don't we make Prismatic Alignment require research? How about Graviton Beam or Revalation?

Terrans have too many redundant upgrades as it is, removing some of the less than necessary ones is totally fine by me.

Now if only they can do something about combining Neosteel Frame and Building Armor.
Reply Quote
Regardless of what you think about the specific changes, I think it is great that blizzard is acting fast and most importantly CONTINUING TO TEST MORE CHANGES.

So if something doesn't work right, it's okay as it is only temporary. So long as Blizz will keep making changes until the balance is good, then there's nothing to worry about even if something bad makes it into the game for now.

Just so long as it doesn't get left for 6 months, a year, I'm sure we can all live with something going wrong for a short time, especially if it leads to a better game in the long run :D.
Edited by JiayoJames on 2/3/2014 11:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
Instead of removing upgrade requirements, you should just straight up buff the units. Removing tech commitments dumbs down macro. Please reconsider.

Also, if you make Hydras more viable, nerf spores VS mutas. I would hate for the meta to shift to pure Hydras/Roach battles.
Reply Quote
At our level, map balance matters little, except on blatantly anti-meta maps like Daedalus Point where Speedling all-ins are currently INCREDIBLY powerful against anything standard that Protoss can do (specifically, FFE, 1-Gate expand, and Nexus first).

Who cares whats happening at our level? I like watching SC2 way more than I like playing it.

Maps like Heavy Rain and Yeonsu are just as ridiculous as Daedalus Point because of their 270 degree blink cliffs. Why Protoss' don't go blink Stalkers 100% of the time on those maps is beyond me.
Edited by zusch on 2/3/2014 11:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 11:32 AMPosted by Roland
This is 100% true. Let's tone down the drama a tad Robo. I've noticed a significant increase in it lately.

I don't know how telling someone that something isn't true drama.

What map i play on significantly affects my play, and that is a fact.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]