StarCraft® II

Balance Patch, New Test Map, and Daedalus Fix

Sight range is a much better fix than nerfing planetary nexus. But hydralisk should only be looked at in terms of upgrade cost. The actual cost and strength balancing of hydralisk should be left alone. Ghost...meh, I'm ok with it for now.

Daedalus is a joke map, that ramp better be tiny otherwise just replace it with shakuras plateau because that map isn't complete garbage. I don't really get why the zerg need buffs though, aside from ZvT in which case hydralisk isn't the problem, its units like the marine and mines. Zerg just needs to actually start using Vipers in their composition and stop complaining they are under powered.
Reply Quote
I really like the current changes they chose to implement immediately, and by the sound of it Dayvie is headed in the right direction (full on right direction this time). Can't wait to see what he comes up with. I know he has to balance and try to keep the game fresh which can be tough, but its looking good.

For those of you saying the MSC vision nerf should be immediate, it would seem their plan is to test out just how much it should be nerfed. Nobody is arguing it should be a smaller range, but they have to figure out what the right range should be.
Reply Quote
@bigfoot stop pulling the league card, you're only diamond as the easiest race on ladder and the strongest race right now with over 3k games. Get off your high horse.
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 01:08 PMPosted by GarmBrood
Hydralisks could use an armor or health increase slightly to make them better overall but the risk you run is that roaches become an early game unit Only and once hydra's are accessible they are simply a better unit in most/all area's so the roach gets abandoned. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing, that's your decision but perhaps if you buff hydra's you could look at specializing the two units more.

qxc brought up the same concern with the cost change (if I understood him properly). I'm interested to see what the final hydra change will be.
Edited by JorgeCis on 2/3/2014 1:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
I am sick of BLIZZZARD SCREWING ZERG

just fix the race already

zerg lose when we are drastically ahead

we stop all terran harassment

reapers hellions banshess

and then we still lose late game?

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME PATCHES THAT MAKE THEM SUFFER FOR BAD PLAY !!

You dont do damage with any of that then YOU SHOULD BE BEHIND !!! BUT NO TERRAN IS ALWAYS ON EVEN TERMS EVEN WHEN THEY WASTE 2 FULL DROP SHIPS HERE OR THERE AND EVEN WHEN THEY DO NO DAMAGE WITH HARASSMENT

So SICK OF HOW EZ IS TO BE TERRAN IS TVZ !!

its not a balanced match up !

Terran at pro level should not be able to spam the FIRST UNIT IN THERE TECH TREE ALL GAME VS ZERG WHILE ZERG GET SLING BANE MUTAS INTO ULTRAS !!!
JUST TO LOSE TO MASS SPAMMED BIO OR EVEN JUST MARINES !!

FIX THIS
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 01:40 PMPosted by KingofQueens
I am sick of BLIZZZARD SCREWING ZERG

just fix the race already

zerg lose when we are drastically ahead

we stop all terran harassment

reapers hellions banshess

and then we still lose late game?

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME PATCHES THAT MAKE THEM SUFFER FOR BAD PLAY !!

You dont do damage with any of that then YOU SHOULD BE BEHIND !!! BUT NO TERRAN IS ALWAYS ON EVEN TERMS EVEN WHEN THEY WASTE 2 FULL DROP SHIPS HERE OR THERE AND EVEN WHEN THEY DO NO DAMAGE WITH HARASSMENT

So SICK OF HOW EZ IS TO BE TERRAN IS TVZ !!

its not a balanced match up !

Terran at pro level should not be able to spam the FIRST UNIT IN THERE TECH TREE ALL GAME VS ZERG WHILE ZERG GET SLING BANE MUTAS INTO ULTRAS !!!
JUST TO LOSE TO MASS SPAMMED BIO OR EVEN JUST MARINES !!

FIX THIS

wtf r u smoking u fool???
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 01:41 PMPosted by JIJI
wtf r u smoking u fool???

Don't pay attention to him.
Reply Quote
It's so funny they're making the ramp smaller because Protoss doesn't know how to use forcefield on that map Kappa
Reply Quote
MAKE ZERG 3/3 UPGRADES REQUIRE THE INFESTATION PIT INSTEAD OF THE HIVE THIS WILL PUT THERE UPGRADES TIMING ON PAR WITH TERRAN

Also how could you possibly make Roach hydra good vs terran ? are you going to make them 1 supply

no?

bringing the hydra cost down to 25 gas was a good idea when its zvt !

but the fact that you mention so many changes all the time just to take them back after you hear things you dont like from the community MAKES US THINK YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE DOING

let me tell you something about the community in the forums
- its mainly dominated by terran players
- the community is fiilled with players who buy multiple accounts to make post from seemingly different people
Edited by KingofQueens on 2/3/2014 1:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 01:45 PMPosted by paOpaO
It's so funny they're making the ramp smaller because Protoss doesn't know how to use forcefield on that map Kappa

The amount of buildings/forcefields needed on that map are too great to prevent early speedlings from getting in.

I don't want the map in anyways, hellions are stupidly hard to defend against on it as zerg.
Reply Quote
KingofQQ, please stop, your posts have no credibility, at all.
Reply Quote
wow, blizz is actually listening to the community. Awesome. Out of the original lot of changes the current ones are great ones to put into the game and awesome to see they are nerfing the msc vision range. Looks like tvp is soon to be balanced (for the pros only lol). awesome to see blizz listening
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 12:48 PMPosted by Doncroft
Btw, for those throwing around league cards, league indicates present performance in 1v1 ladder and NOTHING ELSE. There's correlation with game knowledge, but by no means equation.

For example, just because I'm currently Gold as Terran doesn't mean my ideas about Terran are invalid. The removal of Seeker Missile research originated from one of my threads almost two years ago, and I didn't even play Terran back then.

In short, drop da league card game, ya hicks!

League absolutely matters. If you don't have basic macro down (can't even make workers constantly), then how is anyone expected to listen to their argument?
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 01:48 PMPosted by ANLProbe
KingofQQ, please stop, your posts have no credibility, at all.

TROLL

you should talk I have merit and facts to go with my posts and have had peoiple stand behind mine

you just a troll

Many of the things I mentioned 2 years ago in WoL have been implemented
hence I know what im talking about

I see things before they are even shown to be imbalanced at pro in some cases

- fyi ignoring your future post (probably should have ignored you before this post)
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 12:58 PMPosted by BigFoot

If you play leisurely then why should anyone listen to your balance ideas? I play to become good. I DO know a lot more than you do about this game. I must be feeding a troll.

prove it.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
02/03/2014 01:50 PMPosted by paOpaO
League absolutely matters. If you don't have basic macro down (can't even make workers constantly), then how is anyone expected to listen to their argument?

Correlation, not equation. One's ability to hit 4 S while dropping and microing a push has nothing to do with one's ability to write about and discuss - say - the role of the Ghost in TvP or whether Siege Mode should require research or not.

Trust a guy who's been kicking around forums for a long time. If the person's argument is bad, attack the argument.
Edited by Doncroft on 2/3/2014 1:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
No mech changes tvp :(??
Reply Quote
KingofQQ, may I ask if English is your native language and if you suffer from anger problems? It sure does look like it.

Did you see that BL infestor was OP 2 years before? Oh as you're Zerg I bet you didn't think it was OP when nearly every ro4 and finals was ZvZ.
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 01:50 PMPosted by paOpaO

Game knowledge ≠ Game execution
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]