StarCraft® II

Call to Action: January 31 Balance Testing

Make MSC a ground unit or restrict its movement to an area around a nexus then give it an ability to warp between nexus for a small energy costs.
Reply Quote
Maybe make the MSC's movement be similar to a reaper? Fast, can go up and down cliffs, has its abilities. Increase PO cost so you can't double cast it. That sounds fun.
Reply Quote
remove Tempest Resonance Coil ground weapon damage increased from 30 to 30 + 30 vs. Structures.
the tempest range helps to much with this ability.

Try to implement this to the carrier
Reply Quote
02/01/2014 01:31 PMPosted by Fireghoul
remove Tempest Resonance Coil ground weapon damage increased from 30 to 30 + 30 vs. Structures.
the tempest range helps to much with this ability.

Try to implement this to the carrier

Carriers already eat buildings like there is no tomorrow..
Reply Quote
These changes are laughable.

- Photon Overcharge change changes absolutely nothing.

- Two timewarps can still be cast - and Protoss only needs one on a ramp anyway. This change really illustrates how terribly done these alterations are.

- Ghost EMP does not change any Terran timings, defensively or offensively.

- Hydralisks are now broken.

- Tempests are now broken.
Edited by hofnerJ on 2/1/2014 3:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
Buff hydra HP instead of making them cost less.
Reply Quote
Looks like the roach burrow speed buff joke finally got old in the blizzard office. Can't wait to test out hydra buff so I don't have to use trollhosts midgame/lategame vs toss.
Reply Quote
doesnt the tempest change take away the whole reason it was made?
Reply Quote
sigh... the balance team is so god damn arrogant. Not once have they actually listened to either the community or pro players. When boxer tried to contact David Kim he didnt even care to respond. So damn arrogant. I mean we have a game where the balance team hasnt managed to make a playstyle viable for almost 4 years now. What grade is that? Is that even worthy of an F?

And now they come with yet another patch with changes that no one is asking for. How about you get your head out of your behind and listen for once?

These are the problems:

Timewarp (needs to be have a higher energycost than proposed)
MSC vision needs to be at the most 11
PO range should be 11
Remove engibay requirement for turrets
Make armories cheaper
Remove biotag on hellbats and make blueflame and transformation servos into one single upgrade.
Give the vipers blinding cloud a bigger radius but dont make it a hardcounter to ground mech. Instead have it reduce every units range by a set number instead of completely nullifying it. That way vipers are more viable vs both mech and bio and meching terrans dont have to turtle till mass viking raven which makes mech tvz more interesting to watch and play.

FIX THE SWARMHOST. The problem isnt the tempest, which is a horrible unit to begin with, the problem is that the swarmhost is about the worst unit youve ever put into the game. A fix many pros have proposed and I agree with is to remove the enduring locust upgrade and instead have an upgrade that increases the speed of the actual swarmhost, both burrowing and unborrowing as well as movement speed. Possibly have it implemented without an upgrade at all and have an upgrade for more health/damage for the locusts. Encourage multitasking with the swarmhosts and not passive play!!

worth to consider (as in try it out on a testmap at a later date): revert the hellbat medivac supply to 4. Revert oracle speed, keep its acceleration and give it timewarp instead of the msc.

And for the love of god, fix the tracking turret on the tank already. How on earth can a multibillion company even have a game in the first place with such an untinuitive tank. It reduces micro potential, it looks crap and its just stupid. Tracking turrets are supposed to... track? Come on... please?

But who am I kidding. You arrogant arrogant people are not ever going to listen to anyone. :(
Edited by Cookie on 2/1/2014 6:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if only the tempest buff goes on and all the rest (including mocore nerfs ) stays the same
Reply Quote
Please don't listen to protoss players,they are just going to blindly support any zerg buff!
Reply Quote
PLayed the map twice now. 2 TvP's, I don't really see much of a difference. If anything Terran is buffed for their mid game. That's not what the problem seems to be.

gl hf to us
Reply Quote
I think it's really silly that a tempest, this giant warship, cannot 1-shot a zergling or a marine with it's massive cannon. Not only does it not make sense from a role-playing/scientific perspective, but it also means that the tempest, much like the carrier, is essentially useless in almost all scenarios. The fact that this incredibly low rate-of-fire unit does so little up front damage makes it anything but intimidating.

The tempest, frankly, needs to do more damage to everything, not just buildings. This suggested buff isn't going to do anything.

I'd also add that the carrier needs a DPS buff, but we all know Blizzard never intended to make the carrier a viable unit. (Frankly it feels like the carrier is in there more as a joke than anything.)

Still, it's nice to see Blizzard attempting to placate the masses.
Reply Quote
I understood the purpose of the tempest buff to enabling Toss to beat down zerg static defense in the late game in the spammed spine/spore/SH scenario.

If that's the case, why give the Tempest a buff to ALL structures? Why not just biological structures? Or better yet, why not just static defense?
Reply Quote
. When boxer tried to contact David Kim he didnt even care to respond. So damn arrogant.

And now they come with yet another patch with changes that no one is asking for.

What is the basis for either of these claims? How do you know boxer tried to contact David Kim and was rebuffed? How do you know that people aren't asking for some of these changes? Maybe boxer was trying to contact David Kim to encourage a Tempest buff and David didn't respond because it was already in the works. . .

Also, please explain why David Kim is required to respond to boxer. Does every pro player have a right to speak personally with the balance team leader? Don't you think maybe David Kim and his team are already talking to a bunch of pro players? Why must boxer have input?

I sense that you're looking for excuses to criticize David Kim, because you've decided to make him a scapegoat for your frustrations.
Edited by Ben on 2/1/2014 9:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
MSC good
Ghost good
Tempest bad
Hydralisk bad
Reply Quote
Hi Blizzard Team,

Some feedback on Tempests after a game on the Test Map. I'll be playing another couple when I can.

I like this change. But, I think the numbers need tweaking (+30) is perhaps a little too much. I also think you should make it an upgrade at Fleet Beacon. This way it is a real late game strategy. The reason I like it is because it opens up options for Protoss in the late game. Protoss is able to play a different way. Other races have to respond. And basically, a whole new area of the late game is unlocked.

But, I do think it will be OP in its current incarnation. So, I ask that you consider adjusting the damage (maybe +20?) and making it an upgrade at Beacon. You've said before DK (at BlizzCon) that you want to see more moments where a race has an edge or an advantage. Upgrades are key in creating good ebb and flow as the game goes on. I think this might be one such, if implemented well, in late game Starcraft.

Thanks.
Edited by Psibadger on 2/1/2014 11:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/01/2014 09:47 PMPosted by Moogie
The tempest, frankly, needs to do more damage to everything, not just buildings. This suggested buff isn't going to do anything.

Uuuh... no.

I'd also add that the carrier needs a DPS buff, but we all know Blizzard never intended to make the carrier a viable unit. (Frankly it feels like the carrier is in there more as a joke than anything.)

Again, no... more like a build reduction time. and perhaps cheaper interceptors. or stronger ones through the upgrade.
Reply Quote
I think it's really silly that a tempest, this giant warship, cannot 1-shot a zergling or a marine with it's massive cannon. Not only does it not make sense from a role-playing/scientific perspective, but it also means that the tempest, much like the carrier, is essentially useless in almost all scenarios. The fact that this incredibly low rate-of-fire unit does so little up front damage makes it anything but intimidating.

Imagine the Tempest as having trouble hitting Zergling and Marines with it's big cannon and that's why it doesn't one shot them. As for it being useless? Not hardly.

It hard counters BCs and BLs so bad that neither are used vs Protoss, like, ever. It's also great against Thors and Colossi. You know, anything massive. Imagine that, good vs units it gains a ton of bonus damage against! Whudda thunk it!

Seriously though, the Tempest is like a flying Immortal. Immortals are amazing vs armored ground units but suck vs almost everything else. Do you want them to be better vs light units and air? The Tempest super hard counters what it is meant to kill which is massive units. Now it not only out ranges all defense structures, it also does good DPS to them.
Edited by BuffaloMeat on 2/1/2014 11:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
Is there a reason why the community support managers don't respond to some of the suggestions raised by the community?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]