Human tribes established.
First cities created
First contact with the elves and Cycian
4700?-4350?, The Lost Age
1. The Emperor unites humanity under his banner.
2. A calamity nearly wipes out the Cycian. This calamity also hits the humans and elves
3. Magic is taught to humans by the Elves to confront this calamity
1. The Dwarves, sporadically seen outside, come out in much greater force. They make small trade outposts outside.
2. Humans have splintered into many different factions as warlords use everything exert their influence.
3. The Elves retreat back to their forests
4. Over the years, the Cycian refugees band together and begin construction for a new home called Lessarn where their capital once stood.
3800-3700: War of the Three Kings
1. Three men of power-Hahnium Jan, Peter Verian, and Leoric Basil-claim sovereignty over the crown. Human land is split into three territories.
2. The Cycian refuses to receive any diplomats from either “kings” citing that they were in the process of rebuilding.
3. Hahnium's is the first to fall under Peter's force. Rather than face humiliation under Peter's hand, Hahnium chooses to commit suicide at Galdoon's Bane.
4. Peter's kingdom is nearly twice as large as Leoric. However, a series of disastrous military campaigns alongside an untimely famine forces him to pull back.
5. Both Peter and Leoric pass away within months of each other. Their heirs, John Verian and Agar Basil continue their fight. A clan of dwarves, the Ironeaters decide to give aid to Agar when he saves their clan leader.
6. The Battle at Tyrn Field leaves 25,000 dead in total. John is shot through the heart by an unknown archer.
7. Though Agar emerges victorious and becomes King at 3684, he deals with insurgents in his kingdom for another 12 years.
8. The Ironeater dwarves receive a generous gift in precious metals and stones. They forge Agar a runesword in return and head back for their homes
3600-3000: Golden Age
1. The Academy is established to formalize the teaching of magic and has an oversight committee by the government. Teachers are restricted in what they can research and teach by the gov't who fear a potential mage uprising.
2. The Basil monarchy screens for potential magicians.
3. Peace time for nearly 600 years. Technology, culture, and the like flourish. Stronger diplomatic relations made between remaining dwarves and elves and Cycian
4. The Cycian reestablishes a third of their former boundaries.
5. The Basil dynasty continues through the Golden Age
6. Agar's runesword is lost.
7. Some Cycian territory is annexed. The Cycian are unable to take action but protest. They are ignored. Trade ports are closed off with the Cycian.
8. Hostilities begin with the Dwarven clans over several key mines. The clans take control of the mines and seals the entrances to the mines with stone. The Dwarves begin to recede from the surface.
2900-2500: Age of Magic
1. The Academy body sends a petition to remove regulations. Reluctantly after much deliberation, the regulations are lifted.
2. New schools of magic are explored with a zealous fervor, necromancy and demonology especially.
3. The Elves send a letter warning them of the dangers.
4. The Committee, impressed but more horrified by what they see is occuring, decides to step in and institutes stricter oversight. They are ignored. Sending troops to enforce this decree, the mages confirms their fear: they rebel and brazenly kill the enforcers. The Mage War War begins.
5. Three years pass and with the help of Elves and a number of defectors, the rebellious mages are put down. Their wonton abuse of magic resulted in the death of 200,000 and allowed the presence of the Nether regions to seep in. Surviving renegade mages are stripped of their magic.
6. A list of Forbidden Schools of Magic are created. The Academy is opened several year later.
7. Tragedy strike the Basil Dynasty as the last Basil dies without a heir and the remainder of the royal family are swept by the sea.
8. The Ravens, an organization dedicated to hunting down renegade wizards, is created. The Oath is created to instill a sense of restraint. It also holds every mage to not interfere unless it is an absolute necessity because of the terrible damage they can do.
9. As the barriers between this world and the nether regions are weakened, its corrupting energies and inhabitants occasionally seep out into Haruyn in portals.
10. The major dwarf clans disappear altogether. Only a few clans maintain contact with the outside world.
2400-2000: Cold War
Five great human powers emerge after the chaos that follow at different points:
1. 2320: Kahbya, a military junta
2. 2054: Adanos, an absolute monarchy
3. 2299: Haribad, a confederation of city states
4. 2350: The Republic of Mansur
5. 2276: Hadanbur, a theocracy
Fighting occurs sporadically as each nation does not want to initiate a war in lieu of other nations coming in for an opportunity. They instead engage in a cold war with one another.
Gandia the Lich was responsible for one of the worst atrocities committed in human history. He was once an accomplished mage at the Academy but in his pursuit of knowledge, he went rouge. In 1955 after much preparation, he stole several forbidden tomes and fled into the unknown. Despite the best efforts of The Ravens, they were unable to track him down.
He appears nearly sixty years later as an undead being of immense power becoming the first and only Lich in history. He lead a massive army of undead and orcs. Dominating the Orc Chieftain Mor'guz Blackhand, he uses the orc as his proxy, and directs him to attack human settlements along the borders, using the dead to create undead minions. As the undead themselves have not appeared in the open, the human powers are quick to dismiss these attacks as simple pillaging and raiding.
The Orcs then attack Kahbya. A xenophobic, self absorbed and highly nationalistic nation, they attempt to deal with the problem themselves and keep everything tight lipped, fearing a possible “intervention” from one of the other human powers. The other nations know little of what is happening besides a '”civil war”. The military junta collapses in five months. The few refugees who make it out speak of Orcs wielding dark magic inflicting great harm against their own.
Haribad, closest to Kahbya, sees an oppurtunity to expand their border. Sending a vanguard of 2,500 in to establish a foothold in Kahbya, the vanguard is ambushed and overwhelmed by a combined force of orcs and undead and is utterly decimated. Haribad fears for the worst and begins to reinforce their borders when the vanguard sends no messages for 2 weeks. Gandia secretly makes Kahdya his base.
Hearing the rumors, the Council become suspicious and send Archmage Orlando Barrister to investigate whether the orcs are truly wielding magic and to also track their movements. He and a band of followers trace the Orcs and arrives to see them attack one of Haribad's cities. He aids in the city's defenses and helps repel the invasion. He is alarmed by the presence of undead among the orcs and that the orcs themselves are able to use necromancy.
In a letter to the Council, Orlando deduces that Gandia is the most likely candidate to have taught the orcs necromancy with the books he had stolen sixty years earlier. The Council receives his message and begin to mobilize for war. They also ask the other three powers to aid Haribad against a common foe. Adanos and Mansur agree and send out 30,000 and 24,000 men respectively. Handanbur withholds theirs.
Gandia concocts a plague and infects 30% of the population of Haribad through their water supply. The infected die within 3 days and also act as transmitters of the plague through bodily fluids. The dead eventually rises as one of the undead. The humans learn to take the precaution to burn every dead body so that there is not even a bone left to raise at every possible oppurtunity.
Fighting a now undead Mor'guz Blackhand whose kinsmen are now also undead, Orlando defeats the orc chieftain but not before Blackhand is able to infect him with the plague. Orlando spends what time he has researching the plague. Before immolating himself to ashes, he sends what he knows to the Council.
Dark Wizards are spotted among Gandia's forces. These acolytes prove to be deadly in their own right. Gandia himself also joins several battles in person.
The combined forces of Mansur, Adanos, the Haribad Remnants, the Academy, and Handanbur eventually push the undead back to Kahbya where it has become a toxic wasteland crawling with nefarious creations.
Gandia is eventually cornered in his nercopolis. The lich summons beings from the Nether Region but he is killed. What is left of Gandia's forces scatters and are hunted down.
Total casualties number in the upper hundreds of thousands, the most bloody in recorded history. Haribad holds on to its sovereignty but Hadanbur takes over the hospitable parts of Haribad. Kahdya remains inhospitable.
1743 January-June, Present day
Only Adanos, Hadanbur, and the Republic of Mansur remain.
1. Joan Adanos sires a heir to the throne
2. The Coven, the official religion of Handanbur spreads beyond its home borders.
3. Kari Laguna graduates from the Academy, earning the title of Magus.