StarCraft® II

Balance Testing Map and Extension Mod Feb. 13

Community Manager
We’ve just published a new Balance Test Map to the StarCraft II Custom Games list titled "Frost LE (2.1.0 Balance v1.1)" in order to test a few balance tweaks across all three races in Heart of the Swarm multiplayer.

Please discuss these balance changes in this thread.

Thank you!
Reply Quote
The 40 + 40 vs. shield for the widow mine: does that scale down like the widow mine regular splash? Or is it +40 vs. shield throughout the entire radius?
Reply Quote
So where's the extension mod? Seems like it's just the balance test map
Reply Quote
"Balance Testing Extension Mod

We’ve also updated the Extension Mod for balance testing, so that you can try your hand with these changes on maps other than Frost LE. Those of you who are interested in trying out the Extension Mod can use the following steps to get a game started:

Navigate to Browse Maps on the Custom Games menu,
Select a map and click the Create with Mod button in the lower right corner,
Choose to sort by Blizzard Mods from the dropdown list at the top of the screen.
Select the “Balance Test Mod” Extension from the list and then hit Create Game."
Reply Quote
"The Moebius Reactor upgrade has been removed from the Ghost Academy."

But it was already removed in the last patch
Reply Quote
02/13/2014 07:57 PMPosted by JorgeCis
The 40 + 40 vs. shield for the widow mine: does that scale down like the widow mine regular splash? Or is it +40 vs. shield throughout the entire radius?

It scales which is heavily noticeable because of the size of Protoss units (compared to Zerglings/ Marines).

EDIT: Only tried TvP so far but I like the direction where this is heading.
Edited by IHATEPROTOSS on 2/13/2014 9:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
This should be "fun"...

I'll try it out tomorrow; going to bed for now ♥
Reply Quote
Hooray to the sight range nerf. Why took so long? But if it goes through mb reverse photon overcharge nerf? I'm sick of low-eco PvP games and PvP in general but i don't want changes that make it even worse. Might be photon overcharge should damage armor directly to be permanent damage for Protoss units but then it will be overkill on archons.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/13/2014 09:03 PMPosted by PeterAxe
"The Moebius Reactor upgrade has been removed from the Ghost Academy."

Fixed.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
02/13/2014 09:44 PMPosted by Cheeseling
Hooray to the sight range nerf. Why took so long? But if it goes through mb reverse photon overcharge nerf? I'm sick of low-eco PvP games and PvP in general but i don't want changes that make it even worse. Might be photon overcharge should damage armor directly to be permanent damage for Protoss units but then it will be overkill on archons.

photon overcharge never got nerfed.
Reply Quote
02/13/2014 09:53 PMPosted by Nasax
photon overcharge never got nerfed

beacuse is working fine maybe
Reply Quote
Too many balance map lately. I'm lost :P

02/13/2014 09:59 PMPosted by Jeetkundo
02/13/2014 09:53 PMPosted by Nasax
photon overcharge never got nerfed

Not exactly. It will nerf PvP early game defensibility and will have much less impact on PvT and PvZ. That's why they droped it. It's actually fun how introduction of one single unit or even ability can cause cascade collapse of the game balance. This entanglement reminds me bad software architecture.
Reply Quote
02/13/2014 10:30 PMPosted by Cheeseling
Too many balance map lately. I'm lost :P

02/13/2014 09:59 PMPosted by Jeetkundo

Not exactly. It will nerf PvP early game defensibility and will have much less impact on PvT and PvZ. That's why they droped it. It's actually fun how introduction of one single unit or even ability can cause cascade collapse of the game balance. This entanglement reminds me bad software architecture.

That's why design needs parallel construction and careful planning.

Trying to overhaul a broken system can very well result in more problems.
Reply Quote
Why make Hydralisk DPS even higher? I don't think anyone was complaining their DPS was too low? They already suffer from being a glass cannon and you guys wanna just make it worse?

Why not give them one of the other buffs that have been thrown around on the forums like 6 starting range (and the upgrade gives them +1 more, so 7 total), or +10 hp so they live a little longer? The range upgrade would help them deal with HT and Colossus a little better, and make them able to defend bases more adequately from quick harass units Phoenix and Mutas. Of course it would help their DPS overall because they would start firing from further back. The +10 hp buff would make them slightly less squishy to splash and AoE which they really melt to atm. Either would be MUCH better than a 10% atk speed buff?
Edited by BuffaloMeat on 2/13/2014 11:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
These are changes which I would like to see:

-Increase Viking DPS at landed mode: make them useful when toss switch from Colossus to HT;
-Slow down Immortal speed for few seconds when hardened shields were activated;
-Rollback mobius reactor upgrade from Ghost: stop killing upgrades things... Don't go to the easy way;
-Add friendly fire to Colossus: colossus will not take damage from. This change will request some micro from toss deathball;
-Decrease afterburns time from medivac;
-Spawn locusts manually;
-Decrease Voidray range or speed;

Some considerations:

-if you want buff Hydras, nerf Muta dps;
-The DPS average is too high. The battles are too fast, we lose great armies so easy. You need evaluate decrease overall dps from all units;
Reply Quote
02/13/2014 10:50 PMPosted by RaTTes

-The DPS average is too high. The battles are too fast, we lose great armies so easy. You need evaluate decrease overall dps from all units;

Wait little bit (like 10 years or so) for WC4
Reply Quote
If you nerf the MSC range why nerf blink, your sacrificing the blinkstalkers to blind blink in, with a 15 second debuff till they can blink, blink plays will be boring and only for defending if this change goes through
Reply Quote
02/14/2014 12:06 AMPosted by Coldfront
If you nerf the MSC range why nerf blink, your sacrificing the blinkstalkers to blind blink in, with a 15 second debuff till they can blink, blink plays will be boring and only for defending if this change goes through

you always can blindly blink in and recall if you're about to lose all the stalkers.
Reply Quote
I'd like either a massive oracle nerf or the proposed widow mine buff to go through.

My TvP mech style was already tank widow mine centered and the proposed change would make it much more potent.
Reply Quote
I do not think the hydra buff will do anything. If you want to buff the hydra, stop taxing Zerg with awkward upgrades like "hydra now moves faster off creep and hydra range attack is increased". I mean like you guys give Terran free siege mode and hunter seeker.

Zerg is hurting. Please freaking pay attention.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]