WMD

The world ESPECIALLY AMERICA, has a giant stockpile of these weapons. The first thing that comes to mind when someone hears WMD is something akin to a nuke.

Really I don't think weapons of mass destruction determine any military power over another country more-so giving a country more political leverage right? The last time a nuke went off was at the end of world war 2, we had the giant scare of the cold war but the Russians foolishly bankrupt the hell outta themselves, no nukes ever went off.

The way I see it nukes basically tell other countries that we have power and we should be acknowledged and feared. But we won't ever use them (I hope).

I just don't see the point in having spent all that money on creating nukes if they were going to rot away in their silos, personally I'd rather they all be destroyed and have humanity not spend and waste so much money on something not only horrible but in the end, useless the way it is now.
Reply Quote
The ugly truth is, the reason we don't use nukes isn't because it's inhuman, but out of fear that it will cause us to be destroyed via nuclear counterattack. We decided to use nukes in Japan, but Japan had no nuclear weapons, and we were already in an absolute all-out war with them (thus it's not like we were capable of provoking them any farther). An american general wanted to use nukes in Korea and China (the Chinese were fighting in Korea), but others knew that attacking China would lead to a war in which Russia would employ its nuclear weapons to support China.

Nuclear weapons do give leverage. When has there been an invasion of a country that holds nuclear weapons? Never.
Reply Quote
"The ugly truth", if only humanity can tell itself that everyday in the morning...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]