Character Bio's
Terran

Zerg

Protoss

The Koprulu Sector

Games

• Starcraft: http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/misc/StarCraft.PDF

• Starcraft: Brood War

• Add-ons (Insurrection, Stellar Forces, Retribution, Enslavers 1 & 2, Mercenaries 1 & 2, and Precursor)

• Starcraft 64

• Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty

• Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm [ETA: 2012]

• Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void [No ETA]

Novels
Archive

Other

The Dark Templar Saga

Starcraft: Ghost

• Nova by Keith R. A. Decandido

• Spectres by Keith R.A. DeCandido / Nate Kenyon [August 2011]

Starcraft II

Comics/Manga

• StarCraft: Ghost Academy

• StarCraft: Frontline

• StarCraft Comic

• StarCraft: OGN

Proposed Novels

• StarCraft: Heir of Adun by Aaron S. Rosenberg

• StarCraft: Tassadar's Sacrifice by Aaron S. Rosenberg

• StarCraft: Invasion of Aiur by Aaron S. Rosenberg

• Unnamed novel and sequel for StarCraft: Brood War by Graham McNeill

Edited by Sixen on 4/8/2011 4:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Interesting list.. I was hoping something lore-oriented would surface on the forums.
Reply Quote
My Story/Lore Information so far:

T1: Wage political campaign, somewhat defend your species.

Z1: Enter sector, destroy majority of the human worlds, steal their most talented person, kill most of protoss race, lay ruin to their only planet.

P1: Get owned hard, run from home planet, luckily destroy overmind to advance storyline, later find out overmind wanted to die.

P2BW: Find new planet, still get owned hard there, fall into enemy plans, lose most of your heroes, also lose all battles in other campaigns.

T2BW: Arrive from earth, wage political campaign, gain control of zerg for 5 minutes, only to be completely eradicated later on.

Z2BW: Unify the swarm again, defeat everything and everyone else, allow few remaining enemies to live in order to warrant sequal.

Tsc2: Wage one big 30 mission political campaign, discover happy go lucky artifact, capture queen of blades to advance storyline.
Reply Quote
Epic list +2 internets sir.

And thanks for the tl;dr Herzeleid.
Reply Quote

Z1: Enter sector, destroy majority of the human worlds, steal their most talented person, kill most of protoss race, lay ruin to their only planet.

P1: Get owned hard, run from home planet, luckily destroy overmind to advance storyline, later find out overmind wanted to die.

P2BW: Find new planet, still get owned hard there, fall into enemy plans, lose most of your heroes, also lose all battles in other campaigns.

T2BW: Arrive from earth, wage political campaign, gain control of zerg for 5 minutes, only to be completely eradicated later on.

Z2BW: Unify the swarm again, defeat everything and everyone else, allow few remaining enemies to live in order to warrant sequal.

Tsc2: Wage one big 30 mission political campaign, discover happy go lucky artifact, capture queen of blades to advance storyline.

this deserves its own thread

also very nice sixen :)
Reply Quote

WIN!
Reply Quote
There's a handy line of Youtube videos showing every interaction in SC1 and BW campaigns. None of the Missions of the Month, though.

http://www.youtube.com/user/zealousdemon#p/c/F9226B77F797043B
Reply Quote
Sixen,

First of all thanks for posting that!

Could you please inquire though as to why second part of the "story so far" AKA WOL game installation voice video is placed on the page that is about Brood War -

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/lore/story-so-far/4 ?

The ONLY Brood War related fact we find out there is one sentence that Protoss moved to Shakuras. The video skips Brood War's events entirely. Thanks.

~BKE
Reply Quote
What happened with Frontline and Ghost Academy?

They are mostly canon IIRC, but they are not listed here. Side plots should also be important if we do include Bhekar Ro, Free Haven events on the list :P

What do you say?

Where can I get Uprising BTW.

-SC:L The_Blade
Edited by RedNoVeno on 12/3/2010 3:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
Once again, Sixen is the first to make an awesome and useful reference thread about whatever is possible to be posted about :p

/fanboy
Reply Quote

Pretty much sums it up.
Reply Quote
MVP
12/03/2010 2:26 PMPosted by BKExecutor
Sixen, First of all thanks for posting that!

Could you please inquire though as to why second part of the "story so far" AKA WOL game installation voice video is placed on the page that is about Brood War -

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/lore/story-so-far/4 ?

The ONLY Brood War related fact we find out there is one sentence that Protoss moved to Shakuras. The video skips Brood War's events entirely. Thanks.

~BKE

Sorry for the late response, things have been a little busy, ;). Anyway, that video is about BW, so i'm not understanding what you mean.

12/03/2010 3:31 PMPosted by RedNoVeno
What happened with Frontline and Ghost Academy?

They are mostly canon IIRC, but they are not listed here. Side plots should also be important if we do include Bhekar Ro, Free Haven events on the list :P

What do you say?

Where can I get Uprising BTW.

-SC:L The_Blade

Mmm, I had originally decided against adding the Manga/Comics at first, but after re-reading the sticky, i'll go ahead and add them to the list.

Uprising can be found in the "Starcraft Archives" novel that also contains the other 3 original SC books.
I don't see Fenix name along side with Tassadar, Zeretul, and Raynor. W>>>T>>>F>>>
Reply Quote
12/05/2010 10:32 PMPosted by Xanatos
I don't see Fenix name along side with Tassadar, Zeratul, and Raynor. W>>>T>>>F>>>

Fenix was important, but he was a secondary character and death to the StarCraft II plot just like: Duke, Raszagal, Zasz, Aldaris, the Overmind, Dugal, Stukov, etc.

Other important characters didn't made it to StarCraft II even though, they were quite important on similar rolls. As an example: Michael Liberty, was a quite used character on a whole novel, several comics and side stories. He was Raynor's news and media support againt Mengsk.
Reply Quote
12/05/2010 10:40 PMPosted by RedNoVeno
Michael Liberty

Yeah, but Liberty got a cameo, despite never being in any other game.

Fenix didn't even get mentioned, despite being Raynor's closest buddy during the original.
Edited by Bix on 12/9/2010 8:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/05/2010 10:40 PMPosted by RedNoVeno
Stukov,
Wasn't Stukov revived via infestation, and then de-infested by Raynor and the Protoss? Blizzard has apparently said that the N64 secret mission Retribution IV isn't 100% cannon, but the purification of Braxis and revival/de-infestation of Stukov are real.
Reply Quote
Sixen, two things, one related to the thread, and one not :

Related : what about the other expansion games like Insurrection, and the other Blizzard sanctioned releases such as the secret mission(s) that were part of the nintendo release? Same question for Ghost the game that never finished, the proposed novels, and other lore that exists but has not been officially released. I have been able to find only a thin outline on some of these missing pieces. Also, is there a compilation of Blizzard statements that specifically list X as cannon, or Y as not strictly cannon? I know that they don't say too much, but sometimes they do. it would be helpful if we had a list of the rulings or decisions that they have made, no matter how sparse they are.

unrelated : but I was wondering how did you get "MVP - Starcraft II" and the gold lettering? Never seen that before.
Reply Quote
MVP
12/10/2010 6:15 PMPosted by VASH
Related : what about the other expansion games like Insurrection, and the other Blizzard sanctioned releases such as the secret mission(s) that were part of the nintendo release? Same question for Ghost the game that never finished, the proposed novels, and other lore that exists but has not been officially released. I have been able to find only a thin outline on some of these missing pieces. Also, is there a compilation of Blizzard statements that specifically list X as cannon, or Y as not strictly cannon? I know that they don't say too much, but sometimes they do. it would be helpful if we had a list of the rulings or decisions that they have made, no matter how sparse they are.

I haven't listed the games, maybe I should add a section for that. Aside from Insurrection, there was Stellar Forces and Retribution, all of which have been authorized by Blizzard. And then of course, the N64 version which had the secret level at the end (Resurrection IV). In addition to the actual CD's released, there were several other Missions that Blizzard had made: Deception, Enslavers, Enslavers 2, Mercenaries 1, Mercenaries 2, and Precursor. To my knowledge though, everything i've listed above is canon as these things have all either been written by Blizzard, or authorized by Blizzard.

12/10/2010 6:15 PMPosted by VASH
unrelated : but I was wondering how did you get "MVP - Starcraft II" and the gold lettering? Never seen that before.

I'm part of the Most Valuable Poster program, you can read about it here:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/248417541
Edited by Sixen on 12/11/2010 5:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/11/2010 5:26 PMPosted by Sixen
Posted by VASH

Seriously ? You call that gold ? It does not sparkle, and it makes me vomit.

Anyway thanks for the compilation.
Reply Quote
Starcraft 1 Manual

Behold the Lore of Starcraft:

http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.2104

Credit to zergdarkdays for the link.

Or you can find it on Blizzard's public FTP:

http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/misc/StarCraft.PDF

Credit to Sixen for the link.
Edited by SwiftDeath on 12/14/2010 4:28 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]