Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 31)

03/28/2014 02:16 PMPosted by KnarledOne
While I will not argue with the awesomeness that is Anne McCaffrey, you should read Frank Herbert's Dune. Excellent as the Pern series and McCaffrey's other works were, Herbert leaves them behind.
Ah, I haven't read any of those but I did quite enjoy the Demon Cycle books by Peter V. Brett and the Unwind Dystology (I believe that's what it's called).
I started reading Dune, but got bored. That's what happened to me with Lord of the Rings, though, maybe I'll revisit it.
03/28/2014 03:52 PMPosted by Zanon
Knarled: I'll probably have a Darkest heart post for you to work with before tomorrow morning.

Excellent.

03/28/2014 04:27 PMPosted by Maverick
I started reading Dune, but got bored. That's what happened to me with Lord of the Rings, though, maybe I'll revisit it.

I'm not gonna lie, it's not an easy read until you get into it. It's well worth getting into, though.
Faction wars! Hue hue hue hue!

My hybrid faction>everyone
Don't know about that. I could pull an OP faction out of my !@# pretty easy and quickly. Really, this factions foundation would end up finding itself in a guy named Zaros...
Faction wars?

Wha? What's going on?
A faction implies a group of individuals.

A single person is not a group of individuals.

Therefore, Zaros is not a faction.

Since Zaros is not a faction, he cannot be in faction wars.

GG SON.

03/29/2014 07:55 PMPosted by KnarledOne
Faction wars?

idk.
*sigh*

That's really helpful.
03/29/2014 08:01 PMPosted by KnarledOne
That's really helpful.
Sarcasm! *trollface* *disappears into one of many games at my disposal*
03/29/2014 08:01 PMPosted by Animus

GG SON.

No, my saying Zaros is simply a hint towards what this faction is made up of that makes it terribly OP. Well, I suppose two factions, both of which would be terribly OP. One being Draconus', the other unmade, but has a very deep relation to Zaros.
03/29/2014 08:17 PMPosted by ShadowFury
Zaros.
and great the 'Douchebag of all douchebags' will return. and no I'm not talking about Zaros ... though the one rp I was in with him he seemed kinda mean and EXTREMELY overbearing.
Strangely, the fact that nobody else knows what he's talking about helps me understand the situation.
03/29/2014 08:49 PMPosted by KnarledOne
Strangely, the fact that nobody else knows what he's talking about helps me understand the situation.

If it makes you feel better, Animus just randomly pointed it out. Others jumped in from there.

That... Actually was really good formal logic... :P
Ooh! Ooh! I also can make a counter argument to what smylez has said that I just thought up. If Zaros contains a split personality disorder, or the presence of another being in his mind (which he does), he can very well be a faction of his own, perhaps not exactly called Zaros as a faction, but a faction all the same. As it is made up of more than one individual personality/mind. Also, the starting of factions can very well be a single person looking to unify a group under a banner, so at the very beginning of a faction, it can in fact be of a single individual.
That logic, however, is both informal and highly questionable.

Where did this faction wars concept come from?

03/29/2014 09:35 PMPosted by SpacePirate

That... Actually was really good formal logic... :P

COUNTER TIME.

A faction is comprised of a group of individuals.

Any positive number of individuals plus any other positive number of individuals equals a group of individuals

Zaros is an individual.

Zaros plus individuals equals a group of individuals.

Therefore, so long as other individuals are added to him, Zaros can in fact be in a faction war.
03/29/2014 09:44 PMPosted by ShadowFury
Ooh! Ooh! I also can make a counter argument to what smylez has said that I just thought up. If Zaros contains a split personality disorder, or the presence of another being in his mind (which he does), he can very well be a faction of his own, perhaps not exactly called Zaros as a faction, but a faction all the same. As it is made up of more than one individual personality/mind. Also, the starting of factions can very well be a single person looking to unify a group under a banner, so at the very beginning of a faction, it can in fact be of a single individual.

This isn't formal logic nor is it even really informal logic. Nor is it logical. Sorry.

03/29/2014 09:54 PMPosted by KnarledOne
A faction is comprised of a group of individuals.

Any positive number of individuals plus any other positive number of individuals equals a group of individuals

Zaros is an individual.

Therefore, so long as other individuals are added to him, Zaros can in fact be in a faction war.

"equals" and "plus" are invalid operators. Therefore, the syllogism is invalid. There is no distinction between your major and minor premises also. That's because you have five of them, and no middle term.

But, assuming you cut this into two syllogisms and replaced your improper operators with proper ones, you then have two middle terms.

03/29/2014 09:54 PMPosted by KnarledOne
Zaros is an individual.

In this case, it would be "plus individuals" and "individuals"

... Wait, whoa, you have your subject in all three premises, too. Dude. This is horrible formal logic xD
Since when is anything in here super serious?
*deleted*
Edited by KnarledOne on 3/30/2014 5:41 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]