StarCraft® II

Multiple Advisers - Perfect Feature for LotV

MVP - StarCraft
Post Summary: Since so much positive community feedback has risen over the subject of having selectable advisers for the three races, we as a community would like to know if Blizzard is considering this awesome feature for Legacy of the Void.

It started with Abathur. People loved his voice and character. It reminded them of awesome Zerg voices from Starcraft and Brood War: the Overmind, Daggoth, and Zasz. That dark guttural echo. Combined with Abathur's precise, insistence language with his avoidance of subject nouns whenever possible, Zerg players started saying they wanted Abathur as their adviser instead of the Queen.

These threads got me thinking, why stop there? Why simply replace one adviser of one race for another? Why not have multiple choice advisers for all three races? It wouldn't be difficult to put into an expansion, and while Blizzard has shown some reluctance with putting in skins and other things they think may affect gameplay, advisers is a very clean and appealing aesthetic feature. Plus, I know voice actors like James Harper (Arcturus Mengsk) would love to add their much loved services to multiplayer. I have literally never encountered a person who didn't want this, and indeed why not?

Who wouldn't want James Raynor alerting you that "The boys are in a pinch!" or Arcturus commanding you to "defend the Dominion!" when your base is under attack.

Who doesn't want to hear Abathur call out the timeless "Evolution complete!" or "Additional minerals required!" or Kerrigan calling you to "Defend the hive cluster!"

Who couldn't want to hear Executor Selindas declare, "We have met the enemy in combat!" or Zeratul warning "Our workers are in danger!"

I believe it's little things like these as well as the big things that make an awesome game. So...

1. Thumbs up and comment if you would like an official response on the popular advisers topic. I sure do!

2. List 2-3 possible advisers you would like for your race (and other races too, if you want).

3. Offer some possible things they might say. (Remember, keep it simple. It is for multiplayer, after all. Simple, general, and straightforward is best.)

This topic has been talked about a lot. Let's really make something of it. Game on!

- Doncroft

P.S. A quick reference to what adviser alerts say:

Need more minerals
Need more gas
Need more supply
Need more energy
Place on vespene geyser
Upgrade complete
Base is under attack
Workers are under attack
Forces have entered combat
Mineral field depleted
Vespene geyser depleted
Nuclear launch detected
Game paused
Game resumed

Did I miss any?
Edited by Doncroft on 3/29/2014 10:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
+1

LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN!
Edited by MrJazzHands on 3/28/2014 5:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
+1/Sticky. This would be the best thing since sliced bread.

I would love to have Valerian Mengsk as my advisor, that would be bad !@#.
Edited by Animantra on 3/28/2014 5:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
matt horner and don vermilion for terran!
Reply Quote
topic has been done a few times.

I still agree.
Reply Quote
Zerg should get Alexei Stukov (we all love his accent)
Edited by MrJazzHands on 3/28/2014 5:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
+1

Would love to have Abathur/Kerrigan, Raynor/Mengsk, and Zeratul/Selindas alerts. Even if it doesn't ship with the expansion, please consider having them as separate DLC packs.
Reply Quote
03/28/2014 04:59 PMPosted by Doncroft

Need more minerals
Need more gas
Need more supply
Place on vespene geyser
Upgrade complete
Base is under attack
Workers are under attack

Did I miss any?
not enough energy, nuclear launch detected
Edited by Oboeman on 3/28/2014 5:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
+1 This would be awesome.
Reply Quote
Ya I personally would like to hear more than this as Protoss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzccCLaLMmw
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
03/28/2014 05:06 PMPosted by Oboeman
03/28/2014 04:59 PMPosted by Doncroft

Need more minerals
Need more gas
Need more supply
Place on vespene geyser
Upgrade complete
Base is under attack
Workers are under attack

Did I miss any?
not enough energy, nuclear launch detected

Thank you.
Reply Quote
Star Craft 2's default/original advisers is good enough for me. I don't need any.

Good ideas though.
Reply Quote
Lets get this done blizzard! Psione better respond to this :)
Reply Quote
Excellent suggestion.

I can see it now. So much fun will come from this.
Reply Quote
03/05/2014 02:01 PMPosted by Doncroft
Unlockable advisors for all three races really should be a thing. Hard to describe how awesome that would be.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
03/05/2014 02:01 PMPosted by Doncroft
Unlockable advisors for all three races really should be a thing. Hard to describe how awesome that would be.
Edited by Oboeman on 3/28/2014 5:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Terran: Battlercrusier guy
Zerg: Abathur
Protoss: Something that shoots lasers
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Thanks for the suggestion!

As I’ve mentioned before, a response in a suggestion thread doesn’t signify that a particular suggestion is more valid than any others that we receive. We gather and compile all of the feedback and suggestions that we get from the community. However, I did want to pop in and say that this thread is offering some nice discussion and fun ideas, which is always appreciated.
Reply Quote
03/28/2014 06:17 PMPosted by MVPikachu
Terran: Battlercrusier guy
Zerg: Abathur
Protoss: Something that shoots lasers
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]