Yep - Matchmaking still broken

Another night - still more broken 4v4 matchups, no attempt by the game to provide matches that resemble balance, no sign that its doing anything to balance even at 50%, I swear the guy paid to write this code spent his days jerking off after he wrote a random number generator - no sign that its doing anything sensible to try and create a fun environment, although perhaps he got a bit extra on the side from high ranked friends to set up a roflstomp fest on the theory that no manager at Blizz would care.
Reply Quote
Another night - 10 more losses in a row - I love how well Blizz's match making and balance system works, really impressive illustration of the value of employing mentally incompetent people to write software.

Games where the other team has multiple people with masters league ranks while I end up in teams full of actual silver and bronze players, masters players playing as unranked so they can get the lolz by shooting fisjh in the barrel.

Must be nice to relax by smurfing noobs - nice to have teh choice whether to stretch yourself or just ruin other peoples games - and how nice that Blizzard not only set this up, but sustains it.
Reply Quote
Yep, still broken, game after game with no attempt by blizz to try and provide fair matches and no sign of any attempt to find a 50% break point. Far as I can tell they just use a fifo queue and don't bother trying anything else.. must be all they learnt in high school cs class, coz they sure as h*ll don't know how do any better it seems.
Reply Quote
Tonight, a team of silvers gets hit by a guy with 33 Masters completions - 33!!!!!

No way anything competent in the way of code generates that as a fair match. Funnily enough, a player that good had no touble winning - who knew? Also I leant f**k all from the game - I don't play zerg so I don't care about his strategy.
Reply Quote
The few people who still play this game mostly play 1v1's or arcade so unless you want to wait 3 hours for the system to find people closer to your skill level there's really nothing to be done.
Reply Quote
You do realize we can see your match history right? You win around half of your games and certainly haven't had anything close to 10 loses in a row.

Ragers gonna rage
Reply Quote
Friday niight, playing with friends who are very definitely in bronze, just after some fun.

We get the same team of platinum/diamond roflstomping a**holes as matches three times in a row (after waiting no more than 30 seconds for the game to start).

This is beyond incompetence - its pure malice on the part of Blizzard fed by players that don't care if the game is bronken so long as they get the lolz.
Reply Quote
Yes 4v4 matchmaking is broken.REALLY broken.
Reply Quote
nobody cares about teamgames let it go
Reply Quote
4v4 can never be balanced as far as matchmaking is concerned. there just arent enough people who play it. You would literally be in queue for half an hour. 1v1 still has some issues too, obviously. I fluctuate between Diamond and Platinum league and last night I played a guy without a single ranked match under his belt; only about 16 total matches ever- mostly against other brand new players, most of which he lost. He got matched against me while i was on a winning streak. Really bummed me out- i felt bad.
Reply Quote
15 wins in a row why am I still gold 1v1
Reply Quote
maybe it is because there isn't much popularity for team games, so you kinda get matched up with whoever is playing atm.
Reply Quote
the matchmaking system is extremly broken and frustrating for 1v1 aswell... for example i usually win like 65% of the time .. includiing beating diamonds and platinum... while im in gold..

then whenever i get a promotion after winning like 100 against people in a higher league.. i would then get promoted to the top of platinum" thats ok.. i assume mmr needs some number of games to collect the data... the problem comes when i dont have time.. sometimes i cant play for over 2 weeks or a week.. and the next month im again in silver... 2 leagues below.. and the chains goes again..

im stuck in a league i dont deserve... i know it sounds like QQ but as i said i have no problem playing aagainst people in 1 or 2 leagues ahead of me...
Reply Quote
Another season and its still broken, I do not accept that it is unsolvable, I just don't think Blizz are prepared to admint that their actions broke it. It was never this bad before with diamand and masters players routinely matched against silver, its obvious from the distributions that too many players are ranked low.

All it would take is for someone at Blizz to admit that skill does not fall off rapidly, if at all (they freely admit that MMR doesn't actually change much).

The fix is simple - no MMR decay, no reduction in leagues after each season, matchmaking based on 1v1 data for all matchups in multiplayer.

And for the love of all that is good, stop showing old league information and 1v1 league info in multiplayer games. Even if you don't change this - why rub in our faces that a diamond or masters player just rofl stomped us? Its completely pointless given that it apparently has nothing to do with the matchmaking - either show us the real information or show nothing - what we have right now just shows contempt and disregard for the low ranked players - perhaps thats the point?

It would great to get some form of acknowledgement from Blizz that something is being done to fix multiplayer - otherwise there's really not much point having it as an option given how bad the matches are these days.
Reply Quote
Nothing like a game where I guy called "papasmurf" 9x Masters teams up with another multiple masters player and smurfs through silver 4v4 random - excellent work Blizzard - truly spectacular example of a company which has completely given up. I would assume that you're not even bothering to read the posts here as well but apparentlt the only reason you can't act on all of the complaints is the swearing - apparently your staff are too fragile.

Well, here's a post with no swearing - care to do anything to fix this broken game already? Or are your staff going to continue to ignore all of the dozens of posts about this issue (almost all of which are written by others I might add)

(of course its possible I'm swearing out of disbelief about how spectacularly incompetent the implementation of matchmaking is at the moment)

At the very least, make it possible to block being matched with particular players - then we could at least block the MASTERS players from ruining any chance of anyone getting out of silver...
Reply Quote
Matchmaking still broken. I got 29 percent winnrate on 1v1 on wol. yet went form bronze rank 60 something to bronze 40 something. so yep match making is broke.
Edited by spark on 5/3/2014 10:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
nobody cares about wol, get money and buy HotS
Reply Quote
bought hots and matchmaking still feels broke. there needs to be stricter or options for a stricter setting. especially for noobs and one who not good at the game. they are first one to leaving the one who above average to fill the ladder.
Edited by spark on 5/6/2014 8:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]