StarCraft® II

Before you complain about matchmaking

Check these few things

1. How many games have you played
You should play at least 60 games before complaining about promotion.
2. What are your win rates.
When you post your complaint always state your win rates against each league.
If you want to get promoted your win rates should look something like
vs league you are in: ~60%
vs league above you: ~50%
vs league 2 above you: ~40%
3. Your rank and level are irrelevant to matchmaking
4. Dont use all caps.
Reply Quote
Over 3,500, most of them 4v4...

less than 30%

way less than 30% when playing with friends who are bronze because we keep getting matched against teams of diamond/plat/gold players

WHY SHOULD I CARE ABOUT YOUR OPINION? There are many people regularly pointing out the broken nature of team matchmaking - its completely obvious that players who are top 8 diamond in all 4 matchups and who have been masters players multiple times should never be matched against silver players in 4v4 games? Only an idiot would think there is any point to such a matchup and yet the Blizzard code is so broken it allows it to happen.

I'M COMPLAINING ABOUT MATCHMAKING BECAUSE IT IS BROKEN AND BLIZZARD ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING TO FIX IT!!!!!
Reply Quote
My post was about 1v1 matchmaking. If you are doing team matchmaking well... If you are actually serious about the game then you should go play 1v1. team games are for casuals or people who think they are skilled but are actually bad and rely on good team to win.
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 03:49 AMPosted by Dracul
WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX 4v4???

Honeslty there is a hyooge difference in matchmaking between 1v1 and team games.

pls refer:
03/31/2014 12:35 PMPosted by Xanifer
team games are for casuals or people who think they are skilled but are actually bad and rely on good team to win.

truth hurts. 1v1 is way more sophisticated, and the only true test of your own personal skill.
i.e.: you are playing with your bronze friends. what do u expect?
Edited by Aepz on 4/9/2014 3:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 03:19 PMPosted by Aepz
you are playing with your bronze friends. what do u expect?

A fairly balanced, fun opportunity to play a game that used to be able to cope with 4v4 just fine.

Instead we get roflstomped by people from higher leagues deliberately looking for lols at the expense of weaker players.
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 08:00 PMPosted by Dracul
04/09/2014 03:19 PMPosted by Aepz
you are playing with your bronze friends. what do u expect?

A fairly balanced, fun opportunity to play a game that used to be able to cope with 4v4 just fine.

Instead we get roflstomped by people from higher leagues deliberately looking for lols at the expense of weaker players.

Blizzard has stated that they don't balance for team games... repeatedly.
Asking for something that blizzard said they would never do doesn't change anything.
Reply Quote
The matchmaking system is screwed up big time.

Whether we are talking about solo or team games it doesn't matter.

I quit playing solo on all my accounts because of it.

I am getting close to quitting team games. Last season I played 98 games with a 62% win rate in 4v4's. I never got out of gold league. Now placement puts me in silver.

I don't care that team games aren't perfectly balanced. I do care the system keeps demoting me for playing better than my team mates.

It gets old when I'm the only guy scouting, the only guy who has a clue what's coming and how to defend, and the only guy that knows how to do anything other than mass voids or ling rush.

If Blizzard doesn't fix this, soon SC2 ladder will be dead. That's if it isn't dead already. I've noticed longer wait times for the games I have been playing.
Reply Quote
It isn't a matter of balance. Team games used to be more even. That's the key term here. More.

Now it is a big fat joke and waste of time. Nearly 100 games and I've yet to have a team mate scout or have a clue what the hell is going on. Yet the system keeps matching me up with lower leagues.

Used to be a fun way to blow off steam without the stress of soloing.
Reply Quote
04/15/2014 03:16 PMPosted by Deathmirage
Whether we are talking about solo or team games it doesn't matter.

but...

I do care the system keeps demoting me for playing better than my team mates.

and...

It gets old when I'm the only guy scouting, the only guy who has a clue what's coming and how to defend, and the only guy that knows how to do anything other than mass voids or ling rush.

BE the only guy. play 1v1s brah.

honeslty its not that bad. yeah i was top plat last year and yeah it sucks ive been stuck in silver for like 4 seasons... i liked plat way bettr than silver. much more shiny and that eagle doe.

But even still ive been at 50% or better win/loss. thats what the system is designed to do. sometimes i get crushed and sometimes i REK my opp. but for the most part these guys are all relatively the same skill level.

Its frustrating that even though I FEEL like im getting better im getting worse on paper. But... ur playing TEAM GAMES lel
Edited by Aepz on 4/15/2014 5:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/15/2014 03:20 PMPosted by Deathmirage
It isn't a matter of balance. Team games used to be more even. That's the key term here. More.

Now it is a big fat joke and waste of time. Nearly 100 games and I've yet to have a team mate scout or have a clue what the hell is going on. Yet the system keeps matching me up with lower leagues.

Used to be a fun way to blow off steam without the stress of soloing.

Team games where always a joke....
For those of you who say the ladder is dying because of this, 1v1 is still going strong. Not sure I see the problem.
Reply Quote
Bump because this is relavent again.
Reply Quote
I will complain about placements, but in the reverse, I feel I got promoted too quickly. I average 50 apm in a good game, and in my last two games I got promoted from bronze to gold. I will say something is broken, I want to play players I stand a chance with, not ones that are going to abuse me...
Reply Quote
Sure I didn't play a lot of games, but I had a 12 win streak at one point and a 90% win ratio. Tell me something isn't wrong here. The games are getting less challenging except for dealing with super super aggressive Protoss players that end up biting the dust because of poor execution.
Reply Quote
for the last 13 months its been waahhh i cant get promoted because im playing people way too good and for the last 13 hours its the complete opposite. just play the game and stop QQ people. YOU decide your fate. yall take rating and rank way to literally

you are GOING to win and lose about 50% of your games so just play them one at a time and stop looking at the ladder. just rapid fire like 10-15 games in a row or something. and stop posting
Edited by LAepz on 5/13/2014 7:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
voted down as trolling.

why are you posting telling people to play 1v1 in the Multiplayer forum?

GTFO.
Reply Quote
voted down as trolling. implying 1v1 isnt multiplayer, and the format that multiplayer is solely based around.
Reply Quote
I have a big complaint against battle.net

1. I hate going up against diamond player when I clearly know that as a bronze player I have no chance So I am asking blizzard to please fix the matchmaking and put skill verus skill level. I do not agree with your matchmaking polices for one. I had to face a dimaond player twice and both times i got my !@# handed to me which is not surprising so blizzard please fix this issue or I am done buying ur games forever.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]