Exploding Unit Question

Hi,
I'm trying to make a unit explode on death in the SC2 Editor. I've tried several ways on doing this. I have used the Explosive Barrel's damage and persistent and have also used the Baneling Volatile Burst explosion. Am I doing something wrong, if so can someone help me with this?
Reply Quote
Give the unit a buff behavior that has damage response settings:
- chance: 1
- fatal: checked
- handled effect: damage effect with an area and an amount at the caster's location

Then make an actor with the type model and the parent ModelAnimationStyleOneShot, chose a model and add the events:
Effect.YourDamageEffect.start
-> Create
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 07:36 PMPosted by Ahli
Give the unit a buff behavior that has damage response settings:
- chance: 1
- fatal: checked
- handled effect: damage effect with an area and an amount at the caster's location

Then make an actor with the type model and the parent ModelAnimationStyleOneShot, chose a model and add the events:
Effect.YourDamageEffect.start
-> Create

For the handled effect, do I have to make an effect myself? If not where is handle effect on the damage response menu?

EDIT: Is Handled effect the one next to Fatal?
EDIT2: I am using a different way to do it using Triggers. I used the Valerian incapacitated effect and made an explosive barrel and killed it at the location of the dying unit.
Edited by Frozen on 4/8/2014 1:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]