StarCraft® II

Season 2 Free Name Change

Community Manager
As the new season starts, we’re providing a free name change for Starcraft II.

We mentioned in our update about 2014 Season 1 Ladder Lock we will be providing free name changes for all Starcraft II accounts starting April 11 2014. This feature will only apply to accounts that do not already have a name change available. Character name changes do not stack; meaning you can only have one free name change at a time.

Recently there have been some discussions on the forums regarding the state of character names and what is considered appropriate. This would be an excellent opportunity to swap names if your current name is somewhat questionable. While we recognize that names can have a great deal of meaning to players it is also important that we are supporting a healthy, safe play environment. For more information about our naming policy, please visit our Support Page.

This implementation is part of our commitment to offer more name changes. If you'd like to change your character name, log in to Account Management and select your StarCraft II game license from your list of game accounts.
Reply Quote
Epic! Thanks blizz! =D
Reply Quote
Time to go back to GoGoGo
Reply Quote
inb4 a whole new wave of avilos
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 04:12 PMPosted by Zerglor
Reply Quote
I have a bug where it says i have 1 free name change available on my battle net page but if i click it, it brings me to another page which says "You have no eligible characters of this account" . Any thoughts?

EDIT: I had this bug before they announced this new free name change
Edited by prospekt on 4/9/2014 4:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
04/09/2014 04:20 PMPosted by prospekt
I have a bug where it says i have 1 free name change available on my battle net page but if i click it, it brings me to another page which says "You have no eligible characters of this account" . Any thoughts?

There is a sticky in the technical support page about this
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/11042805032

Hopefully it will help you! Happy gaming! :D
Reply Quote

More avilos! \o/
Reply Quote
Can you please allow numbers, underscores and other various characters such as ` ;'~ :D?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
04/09/2014 04:27 PMPosted by KillerofGods
04/09/2014 04:20 PMPosted by prospekt

There is a sticky in the technical support page about this
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/11042805032

Hopefully it will help you! Happy gaming! :D

Another thing to watch out for is when bnet tries to redirect you to a different region when trying to change your name. Keep a close eye on the URL's that you pass through during the process. A player who also was having this issue noticed a way to somewhat get around the problem:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/12318541803#5
Edited by Leviathan on 4/9/2014 6:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
04/09/2014 05:09 PMPosted by llIIllIIllII
Can you please allow numbers, underscores and other various characters such as ` ;'~ :D?

I do not think this is something we would implement due to the possibility of confusion that can be caused with symbols in names. Example: Is that a hyphen or a dash? A comma or a period?

If that is what you are going for though, mission accomplished!

Plus, it is a little bit more personal that names can only contain letters in the alphabet.
Reply Quote
I wish use numbers in my name, why i can't?
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 04:10 PMPosted by avilo
Time to go back to GoGoGo

Traitor.
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
be cool if we got rewards to get COLOR in our names.
Reply Quote
Everybody change name to avilo
Reply Quote
Would you kindly remove barcode thing? It makes confusion!
Reply Quote
Could you give a reason why name changes don't stack?

I feel that the uncertainty of when another name change will be available deter's players who consider changing in case they're not happy with their new name. I don't see why it shouldn't stack tbh
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 07:43 PMPosted by ChicoBento
I wish use numbers in my name, why i can't?

You can, just type them out. Or copy paste from below!
One Two Three Four Five Six Eight Nine Ten
Hope this helps!

EDIT: is there srsly more than one avilo in the thread?
Edited by Sleepycod on 4/10/2014 8:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 05:54 PMPosted by Zoevia
04/09/2014 05:09 PMPosted by llIIllIIllII

I do not think this is something we would implement due to the possibility of confusion that can be caused with symbols in names. Example: Is that a hyphen or a dash? A comma or a period?

If that is what you are going for though, mission accomplished!

Plus, it is a little bit more personal that names can only contain letters in the alphabet.
Hyphen's and Dashes are completely identical in appearance... hyphens and dashes are however different to underscores though.
Edited by Decapitator on 4/10/2014 10:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]