StarCraft® II

Promotion not working for my account? :(

Last Season:
http://imgur.com/YrygLcA

This Season:
http://imgur.com/e0Y5ofd

This is really demotivating :(. I start in Silver last season. Why can't I get out? People just say play more. Last season I did play more and still no. Now this season I am as well playing more and still no. :( </3. Not trying to complain, just confused. I feel like this is taking forever.
Reply Quote
The sooner people stop looking at and caring so much about what league they're in the sooner they can start having fun just playing games. I got Plat once... Been silver now for like 4 seasons in a row. I can't explain why, but whatever.
Edited by LAepz on 4/25/2014 12:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Sometimes its very hard. Maybe you just get silver oppenents, not higher - so you win against silver, but not against higher.

OR: you just get promoted by almost 50% winrate... if you win almost every game, you are very far away from 50%, so you dont get promoted. Sounds crazy, but its a fact that you need almost 50%, not 80%... :D

If you lose later games its possible to come directly in diamond or other higher leagues ...
Edited by CrazyLazy on 4/25/2014 1:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
so I should lose a couple games basically? I am literall 32-3 over the last 2 seasons now :/. 91.5% win rate no promo over course of 35 games </3
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
You should never lose games to try to promote yourself. The "you have to be close to 50%" thing isn't true anymore, and hasn't been for a long time.

I can't see that far back in your 1v1 match history, but I see that last season your record was 22-3. You need to be sure to not succumb to MMR decay. If you don't play at least one game in a 2 week period, your internal skill rating begins dropping at a rate of 1.5 games per day, up to a maximum of 14 days. 25 total games probably included some pretty large gaps in play time. If you spent a full month away from playing 1v1, that's equivalent to dropping more than a full league. That means you'll spend the next 20 wins-over-losses fighting back to where you used to be.

You're still solidly in the middle of a win streak, which is great, but I'd say you're around the middle of the Silver skill range for now. Another 10 or so wins-over-losses should land you that promotion.
Reply Quote
04/25/2014 07:21 PMPosted by ExcaliburZ
You should never lose games to try to promote yourself. The "you have to be close to 50%" thing isn't true anymore, and hasn't been for a long time.

I can't see that far back in your 1v1 match history, but I see that last season your record was 22-3. You need to be sure to not succumb to MMR decay. If you don't play at least one game in a 2 week period, your internal skill rating begins dropping at a rate of 1.5 games per day, up to a maximum of 14 days. 25 total games probably included some pretty large gaps in play time. If you spent a full month away from playing 1v1, that's equivalent to dropping more than a full league. That means you'll spend the next 20 wins-over-losses fighting back to where you used to be.

You're still solidly in the middle of a win streak, which is great, but I'd say you're around the middle of the Silver skill range for now. Another 10 or so wins-over-losses should land you that promotion.

All right, thank you very much ExcaliburZ. I actually didn't even know there was mmr decay or how it even worked tbh. Thank you for all the info and insight to how it works :)
Reply Quote
I just played a bunch more games like you said and I'm still not getting promoted Excaliburz :/
Reply Quote
04/25/2014 10:15 AMPosted by Tsunami
Why can't I get out?

You can't get out because the system is broken - completely totally utterly broken and Blizz do not care - don't let the lies from their shills persuade you otherwise - they just don't care about fun matches for low ranked players, its all good for the high ranked players so the rest of us can just accept this broken system - give up and try playing something else made by a company that cares.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]