StarCraft® II

LMFAO league distributions

if ever you needed proof that Blizz either doesn't know what they're doing or doesn't care:

http://www.sc2ranks.com/stats/league/hots/global/4v4r

why the !@#$ is bronze and silver the vast majority of players still..? this has ruined the team aspect of SC2. the 1v1 are closer to the desired league percentages but even those have more bronze and silver than gold which is not correct - teams distributions are all boned.

blizz if you don't want to comment then fine but can you please stop sh*tting in our mouths and fix your game.
Reply Quote
I don't pretend to know what the average teams player does during the week, but I imagine it goes something like this:

Day 1: Play a few 4v4 Random
Day 2: My two friends are on, lets hit up some 3v3 Arranged
Day 3: I feel like 2v2, but my friend wants some 3v3 so lets do a little of both
Day 4: Three friends on today, so it's 4v4 time!
Day 5: Feel like some 4v4 Random

You get the picture. How do you accurately place somebody in a league when they play so few games in one specific arrangement? I believe the lack of games is what puts the majority of team players in Bronze/Silver and not any sort of broken matchmaking.
Edited by BallsOfSteel on 5/6/2014 9:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
even if that is the case its no reason for the match-making algorithm not to force the players with more wins into the higher leagues, which is what Blizz has said its 'supposed' to do... but doesn't.

also a large number of bronze and silver players are ex-platinum to masters. as if they should be in the same league as some noob team-mates who's build order is 10, pylon.... 12, pylon. 15 - you guessed it, pylon.

i'm sorry but there is no logic arguement you can make that can justify what a p*ss poor job Blizz has done with their programming. matchmaking is likely the product of a lead programmer who is now busy screwing up the next title, while his dodgy code is left to a bunch of lackeys who can't interpret it.
Reply Quote
05/06/2014 09:33 AMPosted by BallsOfSteel
You get the picture. How do you accurately place somebody in a league when they play so few games in one specific arrangement? I believe the lack of games is what puts the majority of team players in Bronze/Silver and not any sort of broken matchmaking

Then use 1v1 data to balance 4v4 - it's the same game after all.
Reply Quote
1v1 is bad to. if combine silver and bronze to together then it be half the player base at 53 percent. bronze has 23 percent which is problem because it should only be 8 percent. either the bar set to high or low skill players are not playing because of poor match making. for every grandmaster there is very bad player. very bad players are just as rare as really good players. so good league system will look like a bell shape crave.
Edited by spark on 5/7/2014 12:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Players don't play enough teamgames to get promoted, wow, totally blizzard's fault
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]