Its too frustrating to play this online

I cant even catch a break. Im new to this game and after 6 or 7 games online everyone I played against seemed to know EXACTLY what to do and their fast with hotkeys. I gave it a shot because I was told that the ladder system will match me up with players similar to my skill. So I said to myself "ok, I know Im terrible but so are the other players I'm competing against. I will lose more than I win but hopefully I can get better." But that is not the case. It seems to me that all I went up against were sandbaggers. I dont mind losing but playing against people who purposely sandbag just to stomp on bad players like me is very discouraging. Like I said I dont mind losing competitively its when you go up against players 15 times better than you just makes the experience horrible.
Reply Quote
The game is complex and the average skill level is pretty high amongst players.

A suggestion is that you watch some vods or streams of pro players playing to see prime examples how to play the game in 1v1. Good sites are: http://wcs.battle.net/sc2/en/videos and http://www.teamliquid.net/. Most players that you probably feel "knows exactly what to do", probably get their inspiration from games like these.

Since you're new to the game, I suggest you practise in your own pace against the computer AI difficulties. If you can beat the insane difficulty, I'm confident you can handle standard bronze league players. Don't bother with the campaign as it does a poor job preparing you for multiplayer.

If you get annoyed by brats bad mannering you, which I perfectly understand, you can turn on "only recieve messages from friends" in the social options until you start kicking their asses.
Reply Quote
thanks for the positive feedback.
Reply Quote
Like I said I dont mind losing competitively its when you go up against players 15 times better than you just makes the experience horrible.
I agree. I been playing multiplayer for mouth. I.a does help but jump in to early. if still feel hard because I match with player twice my skill level most of the time.
Edited by spark on 4/30/2014 2:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i like how this guy bought a new account just to make a statement
Reply Quote
Public ladder play is tough and just takes the fun out of the game for casual players. It's a very hard game to play with lots of actions per minute required to be semi decent.

I would look into joining a clan or group with lots of active players. Then find those that would want to do multiplayer against AI. Get better there. Use chat like Skype or TeamSpeak. Teammates will usually help each other out with tips. Then apply those to 1v1 against the AI until you can beat Very Hard consistently. Then try 1v1 against teammates. Then you will be Bronze ready for public ladder!

Actually once you start playing 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 with teammates you might have more fun and will forget the 1v1 nightmare...

Good luck.

(http://togsc2.site44.com/) - my group
Reply Quote
I'm already sick of this game. I bought SC2 when it first came out but have not played it since 2010. I came back and started playing some unranked multiplayer matches and its miserable. I'm sick of all the people acting like 12 year olds that sit around talking !@#$ because somehow I'm supposed to be as good at level 7 as the guys that are level 105. I expect to lose matches as I gain experience, but I really don't even care to play anymore. There is nothing fun about playing with most of the people Ive encountered so far, and unfortunately, I cant reach through the computer to slap the heck out of them so Id rather just not play.
Reply Quote
There are plenty of trolls on ladder, guys. Don't let them discourage your enjoyment of the game. They simply play more (probably WAY more) than a casual gamer would and likely revel in the fact that there are people not as skilled as they are when they are pretty bad players themselves. The game has been out for a while so even bronze players have a significant level of experience that makes them competent with hotkeys, unit controls, basic build orders, and what-counters-what.

This is a difficult game and requires a lot of practice, so if anything, the AI is a great resource to get some experience against. Further, it doesn't smack talk!
Reply Quote
05/15/2014 02:42 PMPosted by Turtle
This is a difficult game and requires a lot of practice

No, its a broken game with a random number generator making the matches - give up and play anything else until blizz actually bothers to fix this mess.
Reply Quote
Come back when the expansion drops and all of the other bads come back.
Reply Quote
or you can turn to Starbow - designed arround much more solid grounds, arround fairness towards ALL races

no more easy time for one race, and needing to be a champ to play the other etc
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 04:38 AMPosted by Dracul

No, its a broken game with a random number generator making the matches - give up and play anything else until blizz actually bothers to fix this mess.

yep
Reply Quote
yeah it's a very competitive game not everyone will be able to hack it of course. I'd say unless you are really passionate about rts, it is not worth your time to get good enough to compete on ladder, because you WILL have to go through a phase where you get completely stomped even by the bronze leaguers that the rest of us consider to be noobs.
Reply Quote
Play 4v4.

4v4 will generally give you lots of opportunities to practice hotkeys, strategies etc. You can also ask team mates for help and ideas.

You are brand new and lack a complete understanding of the game. You cannot blame the game for this. You simply must play more. Check youtube for tutorials too etc.
Reply Quote
Play 4v4.

That's got to be the dumbest advice ever - 4v4 is completely broken, all he'll get is higher ranked players smurfing or cheese fests, blizz has completely abandoned the leagues so they can play with tournaments, the rest of the online experience is stuffed.
Reply Quote
04/30/2014 06:53 AMPosted by Aguric
The game is complex and the average skill level is pretty high amongst players.

A suggestion is that you watch some vods or streams of pro players playing to see prime examples how to play the game in 1v1. Good sites are: http://wcs.battle.net/sc2/en/videos and http://www.teamliquid.net/. Most players that you probably feel "knows exactly what to do", probably get their inspiration from games like these.

Since you're new to the game, I suggest you practise in your own pace against the computer AI difficulties. If you can beat the insane difficulty, I'm confident you can handle standard bronze league players. Don't bother with the campaign as it does a poor job preparing you for multiplayer.

If you get annoyed by brats bad mannering you, which I perfectly understand, you can turn on "only recieve messages from friends" in the social options until you start kicking their asses.

Me? i would also agree with this guy. he is possitive and a nice guy.
Reply Quote
05/28/2014 12:48 AMPosted by Dracul
Play 4v4.

That's got to be the dumbest advice ever - 4v4 is completely broken, all he'll get is higher ranked players smurfing or cheese fests, blizz has completely abandoned the leagues so they can play with tournaments, the rest of the online experience is stuffed.

I've played a few team games recently, 3v3 and 4v4 and found that the matchups are pretty even to be honest, lost some, win some, i think thats how its meant to be.

Add me in game, Rabbit#1630 we'll play some unranked team games and see how bad the matchmaking is, i think you'll be surprised its not actually that bad :)
Reply Quote
Watch a lot of vids including Day9's secret to APM and hotkeys video. Then try to use hotkeys for everything macro oriented. Afterwards just play some AI and work your way up. Make sure to nab a build order and practice that every time against the AI.
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 04:38 AMPosted by Dracul

Lol, the ladder is fine. Only unbalanced matches are the first ones, when you play against diamond players who may be too much for you.

If you are REALLY bad. Like really, then ofc, you will lose a lot. Not everyone is made for this game, try something easier if you feel like you cant improve, or just dont want.
Reply Quote
@Dracul
I see you on many threads and have concluded that you are just a but-hurt Starcraft player. Go to a different game if you are going to keep complaining.
Edited by galloots on 6/26/2014 11:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]