StarCraft® II

Unexpected Fatal Error on Surface Pro 2

So the game loads fine. I click "continue" in the campaign screen and then the loading screen appears. When the loading bar is finished, Starcraft closes and it says FATAL ERROR HAS OCCURED.

I'm on the Surface Pro 2.
Everything is up to date.
I've disabled all my Avast shields.
Disabled unnecessary programs.
Changed DPI to 100
Changed DPI to 150
Switched over to faster ethernet
Upgraded my cable internet
Lowered graphics settings to low. (This is a top view RTS with little tiny characters and mediocre character modeling in cinematics, HIGH SHOULD WORK GREAT, WE'RE NOT TALKING BATTLEFIELD 4)

I've never run into this problem with a PC game. Blizzard has to see the dozens of error reports I send over. This error shouldn't be happening. It's constant.

I'm at the point where I'm staying away from all future Blizzard titles. I was really thinking about getting the expansion pack but heck no at this point. If this is permanently fixed, then I'll reconsider.
Edited by TidalWarrior on 5/14/2014 8:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
What was the error code it gave? That would do wonders for us to help you.

I'll give you some basic things you can do in the meantime until we can get the error code for blizz to help you.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battlenet-lockups-and-crash-errors
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/lockups-and-general-crash-errors-pc-26260
Edited by KillerofGods on 5/13/2014 10:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for your reply. I would really love to get this working. Starcraft is the best RTS game out there and enjoyable to play.

This is the code the comes up:

357454D3-B27F-4F9C-BD58-FD437CF82E6F

I've also run the repair tool several times but that doesn't help.

Is there anyone else out there that has the Surface Pro 2 and run into this problem?

,Ricky
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
05/14/2014 07:57 PMPosted by TidalWarrior

Cool thanks :D, when/if a blue stops by then should be able to use that to help you.

Does this only occur in the campaign? Can you try to see what happens if you play a custom game? Have you tried creating a new campaign and seeing if it crashes there as well?
Edited by KillerofGods on 5/14/2014 9:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
05/14/2014 07:57 PMPosted by TidalWarrior

This is referencing your Intel video drivers. Can you make sure those are up to date?

Rate me! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Velnrak
Reply Quote
Window's update won't let me go beyond version 10 for the Intel graphics drivers. Blizzard recommends version 15. But from what I've read, installing version 15 can be risky. Battery loss will be noticeable and I don't won't to risk heating up the Surface.

So basically, if I won't to play it safe, I'll have to wait on Microsoft to validate the drivers.

Just ridiculous that they are 5 VERSIONS BEHIND!

When I watch Youtube videos about Starcraft 2 on the Surface Pro 2, no one mentions needing to update the graphics drivers. Is there anything else that I can try?
Reply Quote
Hi TidalWarrior,

I have exactly the same problem on my SP2.

I can't help, but at least you aren't the only one!

As you can imagine, I'm also interested in finding a solution for this problem; I'll keep a watch on this thread.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]