Balance test map coming soon

Developer
Thank you for your feedback everyone.

We just wanted to let you know that we’ve started putting together a balance test map and a balance test extension mod for the Hellion/Hellbat change.

The exact changes for this test map are:
- Removed Transformation Servos upgrade
- Changed Hellion/Hellbat transform requirement to Armory

Please keep in mind these changes are not final, and we may test different and/or additional changes as needed during this testing phase. We’ll let you guys know once again when the map is published. Thank you, and we'll be looking forward to further feedback after you've played with the changes.
Reply Quote
sir davie would it be also possible if mech could also reduce in gas purchase? while its still in balance test map
Reply Quote
please do something about the tanks!
Reply Quote
Cool.
Reply Quote
+1, will be looking forward to seeing this change tested.

BTW, the development team should really try to provide us balance status updates on a more consistent basis. Perhaps something like the first Tuesday of every month, just a quick thread to discuss your thoughts and what you may or may not look to be doing would go a long way with the community.
Reply Quote
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
MY PROXY HELLBAT BANSHEE BETA BUILD LIVES!!! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.
Reply Quote
Good luck. I still suspect it's going to return TvT to hellbat drop days.
Reply Quote
but thanks for trying this buff for hellion against TVP but please let us try buy reducing the gas cost for mech about atleast taking 25-50 in different unit so terran can have a good switch in the mid game

please blizzard lets just try it. its not even final!
Reply Quote
finally! i have been wanting this change for over a year now. this is awesome
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Fantastic. I can't wait to see what everyone does with Transformation Servos now that they don't have a 150m 150g 110 second price tag on them that scares everyone except newbs like me away. :D

05/01/2014 10:05 AMPosted by Protostitute
BTW, the development team should really try to provide us balance status updates on a more consistent basis. Perhaps something like the first Tuesday of every month, just a quick thread to discuss your thoughts and what you may or may not look to be doing would go a long way with the community.

I agree with Protostitute, Dayvie. That would be wonderful if you could do that.
Edited by Doncroft on 5/1/2014 10:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 10:10 AMPosted by Doncroft
150m 150g 80 second

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Transformation_Servos

110 seconds?
Reply Quote
Thanks David Kim. :D
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
05/01/2014 10:11 AMPosted by Edowyth
150m 150g 80 second

110 seconds?

You know I was just about to check that? At least I got the resource price right, lol. I miss the good ol' days when I could memorize stuff like that at a glance.
Edited by Doncroft on 5/1/2014 10:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 10:12 AMPosted by Palefang
Reply Quote
Fantastic. I can't wait to see what everyone does with Transformation Servos now that they don't have a 150m 150g 110 second price tag on them that scares everyone except newbs like me away. :D

05/01/2014 10:05 AMPosted by Protostitute

I agree with Protostitute, Dayvie. That would be wonderful if you could do that.

I couldn't agree enough. People are way less likely to be upset over balance issues if we at least get more feedback from Blizzard, even if the feedback is "We're going to buff protoss and remove terran from the game." It's a lot more satisfying than being completely in the dark.

If anyone remembers the Reddit AMA, David Kim answered very few questions and gave a lot of nebulous answers with no clear meaning, and did not address the most important concerns with HotS balance and design other than saying "we don't believe in making significant changes until LotV" (something like that). Honestly, even if it went as !@#$ty as that, a monthly status update would be nice. Blizz could learn a lot from the way Riot is very communicative with their community.
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 10:01 AMPosted by Dayvie
Thank you for your feedback everyone.

We just wanted to let you know that we’ve started putting together a balance test map and a balance test extension mod for the Hellion/Hellbat change.

The exact changes for this test map are:
- Removed Transformation Servos upgrade
- Changed Hellion/Hellbat transform requirement to Armory

Please keep in mind these changes are not final, and we may test different and/or additional changes as needed during this testing phase. We’ll let you guys know once again when the map is published. Thank you, and we'll be looking forward to further feedback after you've played with the changes.

Dear Dayvie and Blues,

Thank you so much for doing a test map following the feedback of the balance update status.

I am looking forward to taking part in the test map, as well as providing feedback.

Please consider the other unused upgrades Terran has in the dark, as it can have potential to give terran an edge if it was adjusted or altered to use, preferably neosteel.
Reply Quote
If the Terran keeps the 8 Hellions alive it will be pretty tough to deal with as a Zerg.
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 10:13 AMPosted by Doncroft
05/01/2014 10:11 AMPosted by Edowyth

110 seconds?

You know I was just about to check that? At least I got the resource price right, lol. I miss the good ol' days when I could memorize stuff like that at a glance.
I think you need my young mind to continue remembering :P
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 10:12 AMPosted by Palefang
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]