StarCraft® II

Matchmaking worse this season?

I'm starting to think its actually worse - 27 games, 9 wins, most of the losses to teams with diamond or masters players, mostly a smurf fest.

What does it take to get a fair 4v4 game blizzard - seriously????
Edited by Dracul on 4/27/2014 3:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The bit that's really irritating is how often my score is the highest for me team typically I'm in the top half along with the opposite team and the rest of my team is at the bottom - why bother rubbing it in blizzard? Why show useless level numbers next to peoples icons when we all know they mean nothing - why are you wasting time on vajazzles rather than cleaning out the yeast infection and STDs that pollute your matchmaking?
Reply Quote
Another, day more losses. Nothing like a game balanced to 50% win/loss - except somehow I'm at less than a third so my bad I guess I add like a Blizz programmer...
Reply Quote
I've also had a terrible time this season. My 2v2 arranged team keeps getting smashed by former masters players now in silver. Last season we were in gold with a right at 50% win-rate, now we're back in silver with 15-20 record.
Reply Quote
Stick to 1v1s, if you are doing very well and get absolutly smacked, then thats who you want as a 2v2 or 4v4 partner xD

That my stragety, I can usually get to diamond or plat team games just by playing with people that beat me in ranked over the years.
Reply Quote
queue on 1v1. team games aren't balanced, period. Since you complain so much about these former masters - you know as well as I do, that these guys are friends who partied up together and queued up.

Then should you not do likewise? Go find friends to team up with. communicate over ventrilo, teamspeak or whatever it takes to win.

Remember what Lance Armstrong once said? "No matter what you're doing, those ****ers are doing more". If you really, really care to win at all costs, then you do what it takes to start winning.
Reply Quote
05/05/2014 10:49 PMPosted by FuzzPop
Go find friends to team up with

I do - they're bronze and have basically given up on online matchs because the games are not fun - completely unbalanced. This is killing the ability of the game to attract new players.
Reply Quote
MATCHMAKING IS GOD AWFUL. BLIZZARD IS SO DUMB!!!! I HAVE 3800+ GAMES PLAYED AND I JUST GOT MATCHED WITH PLAYERS WHO HAVE 5 GAMES PLAYED!!!!!!
Reply Quote
Tonight's stupidity, 22 x masters player in bronze!!!!

I swear they're just matching randomly
Reply Quote
Hi Dracul,

You should try and visit http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft
It's basically a more populated and more mature version of the battle.net forums.
I think you might do better there.
Reply Quote
05/09/2014 04:15 PMPosted by KalurO
You should try and visit http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft

why - its just full of people who thing watching others play a game is sport...
Reply Quote
Further evidence the matchmaking is broken - 1v1 as well.

I'm ranked bronze, I have no issues with that, except that in 7 games, 5 of them are against gold ranked players and 2 are against a masters level player smurfing bronze (same guy twice).

If I'm bronze I should be playing against bronze, if blizz wants to match me against gold then I want gold. Simple really you would think...
Reply Quote
I'm getting lots of former Masters in 1v1 Plat too and I'm getting wrecked on ladder. It's really not fun anymore.
Reply Quote
The 1v1 matchmaking is good.

If you're playing players of a higher league it's probably because you will soon be in that league, you just need to play a bit more. If you know for sure that you aren't playing even opponents, then it's because there are too few people online.
Reply Quote
*******it, not everyone wants to play 1v1. Team games should work properly regardless.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]