What is wrong with campaign.

Just started playing the game WoL. What is wrong with the campaign... what did blizzard do to it? The difficulty for hard is brutal and for brutal its insane if nearly impossible. Am I going to run into same situation when I start playing HoS?
Reply Quote
One) HotS is much much much much more easier.

Two) You're probably a lot worse than you think you are.
Reply Quote
Nothing is wrong with the campaign. I quite enjoyed it, having beaten it on Brutal. It will make you a better player.
Reply Quote
Brutal was actually brutal. In HoTS, the missions that you can't solo with Kerrigan, you can use mass lings to beat.
Reply Quote
The difficulty was near perfect in WOL, if anything it could actually do with an increase in difficulty. As for Hots, I wouldn't worry, it's far easier than WOL.
Reply Quote
05/05/2014 07:46 PMPosted by Wobulating
Brutal was actually brutal. In HoTS, the missions that you can't solo with Kerrigan, you can use mass lings to beat.

1, cuz zerg is stronger, even with the 120hp roaches.
2, cuz the "technology" they give you (adaptations/strains) are better than the technologies they give Terran in the WoL campaign.

LIke adaptive armor vile roaches are ridiculously powerful, even with the 120hp nerf.

3, End Game you get Swarm Hosts with Deep Tunnel and can pretty well defend anything, anywhere, at any time.

4, They give you a bajillion free units in almost every mission.

The missions felt like one fo those idiotic "Zelda madness" maps from the old Broodwar days.

I've beaten HotS on Brutal using only Kerrigan and Queens. for every mission. Why spend 50 gas and 2 food on a hydralisk, when the Queen has more hp, similar damage, and auto-cast healing?
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 08:24 AMPosted by TopGodK
Just started playing the game WoL. What is wrong with the campaign... what did blizzard do to it? The difficulty for hard is brutal and for brutal its insane if nearly impossible. Am I going to run into same situation when I start playing HoS?

It tells you on the difficulty description.

The game was made hard by request from the veteran community because some of Blizzard's past campaigns were too easy. Unfortunately, Heart of the Swarm was too easy even on Brutal.

"Casual: You have little or no experience playing Strategy games."

"Normal: You have some experience playing Strategy games."

"Hard: Only choose hard if you are a Starcraft Veteran."

"Brutal: Only choose Brutal if you are an expert at Starcraft."

There is a very slim chance of a person beating "All-in" on Brutal difficulty if they have never played Starcraft before starting Wings of liberty campaign. In fact I'd say there's a very slim chance of completing the campaign at all on Brutal unless you have a lot of experience playing the game, or try every mission a hundred times in a row (but by then you'd have a lot of experience).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]