• 12 Bases (8m 2g) 3 bases (6m 1g)
  • 1 Xel'Naga Tower
  • 9 Destructible Debris
  • 52 ingame seconds natural to natural
  • The mainbase chokes and the bridges are
    unbuildable areas
  • Equal airspace around the map

Idea / Concept

I wanted to create a 3 player map with a fixed third base and the natural base forward position opens up space that allows for that third base setup. The clockwise position gives the option of a forward fourth base which is closer to your opponent by air, emphasizing air unit compositions. A narrow bridge connects the natural expansion to the middle, leaving it vulnerable, but also creates a funnel where you can find yourself in a deathtrap. The bridge is initially blocked by Destructible Debris and the panels on the ground make the area unbuildable. The small chokes together with the open areas create an interesting dynamic. The Xel'Naga Tower in the center is very important but doesn't reveal the bridgepaths.

With this map I envision big lategame air army engagements and with room and opportunity for ground harassment and counterattacks.

Version 3.0 Updates

I made a few updates to the map. I increased the airspace around the map once again to allow for air harassment behind mineral lines and to give air units a chance to escape.

I've also added one more Reaper path to the main base to help Terran scouting. Because it's on a highground it's a bit of a safe spot, but it's not near the main mineral line and because of MSC and Overlord+Queen I don't think it will create any problems.

I updated the thread and the gallery to clarify these changes.
    Edited by Quidios on 5/9/2014 5:11 PM PDT
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]