StarCraft® II

Balance Test Map Update Soon - May 20

Developer
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your feedback and continued help with the current balance test map changes. After further evaluation and discussion, we’re leaning towards testing ZvZ changes that will strictly focus on the late game.

Therefore, we’d like to try these two changes instead of the current Spore and Hydralisk changes.

- Broodlord gains the Frenzied ability.
- Frenzied is changed to also be immune to movement altering abilities.

With these newly proposed changes, the ZvZ match-up can remain the same as it is now, while also providing a clear counter to the rare Swarm Host stalemate games. Please let us know your thoughts regarding these changes, and we’ll move from there.

Thank you.
Edited by Psione on 5/20/2014 12:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
what about transformation servos buff ? just get this change through already
Reply Quote
05/20/2014 10:09 AMPosted by mrDK
what about transformation servos buff ? just get this change through already

This! I am tired of waiting! Get stuff done!
Reply Quote
Interesting. Would the new broodlord be immune to fungal root as well?

I do think this change is good, but we will see how it pans out
Reply Quote
Does this mean you won't be able to pull your own Ultralisks up cliffs?
Reply Quote
What is the status of the servos change?

Pretty annoying that Terran is basically non-existent in tournaments yet you fiddle around with ZvZ changes for a month completely ignoring a bigger issue.
Reply Quote
Patience people. Balance is a delicate thing. I'd rather that they get it right on the first try than us having to deal with a bunch more patches trying to fix patches. We've already been through that whole song and dance before.
Reply Quote
+1

Definitely better than the previously proposed changes.
Reply Quote
05/20/2014 10:03 AMPosted by Dayvie
- Broodlord gains the Frenzy ability.
- Frenzy is changed to also be immune to movement altering abilities.

This is actually a very minor but effective change for dealing with the problem. However Swarm-Hosts are not only a ZvZ exclusive problem.

They make for horrible spectator games vs all race, the unit itself is overall bad for the game.
Reply Quote
I think if you're going to continue being confused about how to change zvz, you should back burner it and just release the hellbat change now. It's not an issue in code S level games anyway.
Reply Quote
yes, no more pulling your own ultras up cliffs.. lets take out creativity from z
Reply Quote
05/20/2014 10:17 AMPosted by Yoto
What is the status of the servos change?

Pretty annoying that Terran is basically non-existent in tournaments yet you fiddle around with ZvZ changes for a month completely ignoring a bigger issue.

Yeah this is total BS. Basicly they do not do anything, they just want us "to wait"...
Reply Quote
05/20/2014 10:25 AMPosted by DeNaDa
yes, no more pulling your own ultras up cliffs.. lets take out creativity from z

I don't think from a balance standpoint that really ever mattered. Also, what's so creative about doing something like that? You'd have to be trolling and/or your opponent would be really bad.
Reply Quote
05/20/2014 10:12 AMPosted by Kellis
Interesting. Would the new broodlord be immune to fungal root as well?
They will most likely take damage, but don't become rooted, just like ultralisks.
Reply Quote
I am waiting for the hellbats change for so long, how much longer? Just add the hellbat change to the ladder, PLEASE!!!
Reply Quote
Finally a good change, thank you for ZvZ buff to broodies!

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af185/kirdtgo/6OB8ZYe_zps5ad9bd5b.gif

05/20/2014 10:25 AMPosted by DeNaDa

Nah, no one doing that. You still can drop ultralisks with Overlords or Nydus

Frenzy Lord is really great idea
Edited by Existor on 5/20/2014 10:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/20/2014 10:03 AMPosted by Dayvie

- Broodlord gains the Frenzy ability.
- Frenzy is changed to also be immune to movement altering abilities.

[/quote]

I assume you mean "Frenzied", the passive ability currently used by the Ultralisk.
So, the Broodlord's one is also passive, correct?

"Frenzy" is currently an incomplete ability that has been used by the Infestor at some point during WoL's development that has caused stun, slow and mind control immunity along with a 25% damage boost for 30 seconds.
I assume that you don't mean that "Frenzy" ability.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]