StarCraft® II

25% win rate - excellent work blizzard

I know you're trying to get that magic 0% win rate - keep it up, quality work in matchmaking like this is going to deliver eventually!
Reply Quote
did blizzard play for you?
Its not blizzard winning the game you have to play and win it.
But remeber for every game you loose there will another guy who was a win more....
Reply Quote
10 1v1 games only and your 4v4 seems better than 25%. LoL @ that difference between 1v1 and team ranks.
Reply Quote
Yeah well 1v1 is tedious, I can flip a coin and its more fun - having moved over from SEA I couldn't be bothered replicating everything in a new region (Blizz why don't you unify this stuff? -poor decision making when you set up the regions?), as for the win rate, it was higher initially - over the last 30 games I'm lucky if its 20% what with teams of smurfs, people who bail or afk, or bronze players freaking out at the first sign of a cannon.
Reply Quote
Dracul, you have two options.

1) Feel sorry for yourself, play up the victim role, and blame everyone possible for why you're losing.

2) Understand that the issue lies with you. There are plenty of people who are quickly climbing out of bronze league and moving up. The issue is not with Blizzard. The issue is your gameplay. You're losing games, and you're likely not taking the proper approach to get better.

Instead of getting upset and tilted, and expecting wins, try approaching the game with a goal of improvement. You need to focus upon aspects of gameplay to improve upon. Win or lose, check and see if you accomplished this. If you keep on with this mentality, the wins will just start happening. Focus on those probes and pylons, keeping money low, and making units. You'll start winning!

In the end, it's easy to point the finger at the system and blame it. But the reality is, everything is dependent upon how you approach the game and how much you want to improve.
Reply Quote
I love the trolls here thinking they have some super high intellect and know the facts. I am going to deflate those egos right now. You will not get brownie points sticking up for blizzard, nor are they even watching what is said here. They do not care about this game, and its obvious. Match Making is broken period, and its obvious when Blizzard doesn't even show presence on their own forums which is congested with posts explaining how broken the MMR system is. If your a new player, you will get steam rolled every game, and you will not win. Talk about a decrease in motivation to try and get better. In fact there is no learning experience for new players but constantly facing off against gold and up players who will steam roll you. If you say its a 50% win rate your a liar, and full of BS. A level 6 goes into an unranked match to face off against a level 100+ player... yah... make more sense please.

I just bought this game, with a buddy last week, and we play good in any video games we play. We come onto this game to get our faces smashed in every match. We have won 1 out of 10 matches for 2v2, and the one we won was an instant forfeit. We never won an unranked because we get steam rolled under 8 minutes. We even have gold and up players toying with us, and making us feel like crap. Its unacceptable, and Blizzard will be to blame for it. You should not be learning how to play a game by an outside source such as youtube. You should be learning how to play inside the game, and common sense tells you that much. I played SC1 for over 9 years since its launch, and I never seen such a garbage system in my life as this one has. The forums speak the truth because 100s of people are saying the same thing on here. The games match making is broken, and you cannot defend that.

Go do some 2v2 and see what happens when you are a new player. In fact go play some unranked games as a bronze team and get steam rolled by some gold and platinum players.

Blizzard is to blame because they failed to do their part, and ignored the problems. Read all the forums, then you can speak on the forums so you know whats up.
Reply Quote
You're a broken record, man. Have u ever stopped in-between posts for once to consider that you're likely just really, really bad? And you work harder at crying on these forums than you do improving your game? Why dont u just !@#$ for a while and play starcraft. Or dont play it. But %^-*

edit: !@#$ = ess tee eff you
Edited by LAepz on 5/19/2014 4:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/19/2014 04:47 PMPosted by LAepz
Have u ever stopped in-between posts for once to consider that you're likely just really, really bad?

lol, maybe whiny posts get annoying... but its common knowledge that blizzard's terrible match-making has destroyed Starcraft's popularity.

if you don't like hearing this from low rankers, how about a current GM...?

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/12187308931#1
Reply Quote
OK, so I'm whining - apparently. Apparently GM players and a stack of other folk are just whining as well - maybe.

The thing is, I'm playing a ton of games as well (4v4 coz that's what I prefer - my choice, you choose otherwise fair enough) and I don't see any sign that the player base is growing or that the quality of the game matchmaking is improving. That said, I'm not playing as much as I was, because bad matchups are just not fun.

As others have pointed out, Blizzard could respond, they don't have to fix the issue overnight, but they could acknowledge that the game matchmaking is not meeting the needs of some of us (whether or not its meeting yours).

Here's the thing - look up the concept called "the zone of proximal development" - its one of the reasons universities use students as tutors - you learn much more effectively (actively or passively) through contact with people who are just slightly better than you. People who are experts have no real recollection of what they had to learn to become an expert - they just know stuff and hve internalised a skill set and knowledge framework.

There is no point matching players with vastly different skill levels, the weaker player will not learn very much if anything that helps them in their current situation - they need to see people only slightly better than themselves to see ways of playing that are achievable to them.

And to those who don't like whining - what are you doing to improve the play experience of newer players? Are you helping them adopt better strategies during team games (positively not ragging on the noob)? Are you avoiding acting like a smurf (pairing up with unranked friends so you can roflstomp bronze 'for fun')? Or are you just acting all smug and superior?
Reply Quote
its true its a garbage system but after 1k games if ur that bad lol
Reply Quote
05/20/2014 05:12 PMPosted by Green
but after 1k games if ur that bad lol

Wow, its so much fun talking to children... actually you know what, I wish I had the choice to not play against you - we'd both be a lot happier.
Edited by Dracul on 5/20/2014 11:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/17/2014 12:40 AMPosted by Plasma
did blizzard play for you?

no, but Blizz auto-plays the game for protoss

a move design --- check
super safe when you re supposed to be harassed --- check
imba middle to latte and late game ---- check

and dont bring up that sh!t with ,,we had it rough inn WoL" !!!!

that was the normal price to pay for a move armies later on!

now you stil have the a move armies ---- but no more price to pay

Green is a team master - aka total n00b in 1v1, so relax
Edited by Reinhardt on 5/21/2014 11:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Learn to play
Reply Quote
if you insist on playing team games which are impossible to balance as it is - then you need to start being more proactive and taking actions which result in more wins.

Such as:

- Making friends with good players or the better players that you observe in these games. Who's obviously carrying the team? Who's obviously just really good? Befriend those people. Be a good sport, approach them in a good way, etc etc. Make lots of friends. Find out when these people typically come on and play.

- Establish team communications via the voice chat of your choosing. People aren't typically leaders. So it falls to YOU to be one. Step up.

- Take criticism of your gameplay constructively. When your team tells you that you need to refine this or that build order, listen. Polish your build orders on your own time.

You know you can just queue up with 2 other people in your party(forming your little clique of 3), queue up for 4v4, and you're still treated as "unpartied", right?

You can then proceed to execute on a very specific plan between the 3 of you. If the fourth fella follows, great - if he doesn't, well it doesn't really matter.

Do all this and I guarantee you that you will start collecting consistent wins.
Reply Quote
You have played 10 games, how is that supposed to count for anything? If you still have 25% winrate after 100 i will start taking you seriously.
Reply Quote
1 v 1 matchmaking is fine if you play enough games for sc2 to have a solid mmr for you. Team games do match me against a wider range of player skill levels, though.

@ collosians

SC2 is a very hard, very competitive game. I was suprised you won even a single game out of 10, since you've never played it before (until you mentioned it was a forfeit). If you've never played any SC2 matches, the matchmaking system will try to figure out how good you are by matching you against a wide range of player skills. The more games you play, the more accurate the system will be in matching you with players of your own skill-level. Try to be patient; eventually, the system will figure you out.

Play around with the game, get used to the gist of the units and stuff. When you are ready to learn how to improve, check out Day9's "newbie Tuesday" episodes, filtersc "bronze to masters" on youtube. They are catered to 1 v 1 play, but should still help you.

Welcome to SC2; its a truly fun game once you get the basics down. :-)
Reply Quote
05/19/2014 12:43 PMPosted by Colossians
I love the trolls here thinking they have some super high intellect and know the facts. I am going to deflate those egos right now. You will not get brownie points sticking up for blizzard, nor are they even watching what is said here. They do not care about this game, and its obvious. Match Making is broken period, and its obvious when Blizzard doesn't even show presence on their own forums which is congested with posts explaining how broken the MMR system is. If your a new player, you will get steam rolled every game, and you will not win. Talk about a decrease in motivation to try and get better. In fact there is no learning experience for new players but constantly facing off against gold and up players who will steam roll you. If you say its a 50% win rate your a liar, and full of BS. A level 6 goes into an unranked match to face off against a level 100+ player... yah... make more sense please.

I just bought this game, with a buddy last week, and we play good in any video games we play. We come onto this game to get our faces smashed in every match. We have won 1 out of 10 matches for 2v2, and the one we won was an instant forfeit. We never won an unranked because we get steam rolled under 8 minutes. We even have gold and up players toying with us, and making us feel like crap. Its unacceptable, and Blizzard will be to blame for it. You should not be learning how to play a game by an outside source such as youtube. You should be learning how to play inside the game, and common sense tells you that much. I played SC1 for over 9 years since its launch, and I never seen such a garbage system in my life as this one has. The forums speak the truth because 100s of people are saying the same thing on here. The games match making is broken, and you cannot defend that.

Go do some 2v2 and see what happens when you are a new player. In fact go play some unranked games as a bronze team and get steam rolled by some gold and platinum players.

Blizzard is to blame because they failed to do their part, and ignored the problems. Read all the forums, then you can speak on the forums so you know whats up.

Wait a minute, youve had the game for like a week and your crying already?

have you taken into account that you are most likely playing vs people that have been playing for a long period of time. SC2 has numerous units with 3 races. Each race is completely different. How can you expect to master how each unit works, what they counter, their micro etc. in one week?

Furthermore a level 6 vs a level 100 is not an indication of skill. You get XP for every building and unit you make. Every research you conduct, every unit/building you kill. THe more you play the higher your level rank will be. Obviously the better you are the quicker you will level as you are killing more stuff etc. But it is NOT AN INDICATION OF SKILL!
Reply Quote
Who cares about skill, there's no skill involved with the current matchmaking system, just coin flipping and bad matchups. Why bother trying to win against players with much higher skill levels when the game is set up so you always lose? My win rate is so far from 50% that it's not worth bothering trying.
Reply Quote
05/28/2014 01:31 AMPosted by Dracul
Who cares about skill, there's no skill involved

you know you're actually retarded. you deserve your fate
Reply Quote
The best way i find is to look at pro games and try and match their builds, also in 4v4 games, the best strat is (your protoss right?) just mass 2-3 units, like either stalker/collosus or zealot void-ray. 4v4 games are much harder to match then 1v1s, well, because theres 8 people

EDIT: i just noticed that dracul has posted about 35% of the most recent threads in this section of forums...going a little out of your way arent you dracul? =P
Edited by Dreadnought on 5/31/2014 8:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]