StarCraft® II

Community Project: Compliments & Appreciation

Everything Doncroft says I usually can agree with, or at least respect the content he produces. I disagree with some things he says, but the politeness he can show makes me smile, even during the time the forums are going :D
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
Doncroft devotes a ton of time into the community and does all he can to make the forums a better place

TheSkunk creates cool little group events and does an awesome job of encouraging forum posters to play together with one another

Leviathan is all around probably the nicest poster on the forums and is also the person who encourages me the most to be as constructive as possible on these forums. I'd probably be a lot of frustrated on these forums without him.

Anesthetic while a bit too argumentative has been a tremendous poster on the forums and in the end has promoted a healthy community overall.

Raver is well raver, enough said :P

Incubus again another controversial poster but has great ideas that I more often then not agree with and is a great poster.

Cookies like raver all that needs to be said is, Cookies.

Breath is the creator of sc2 replays and runs the awesome ladder challenge.

Miro is a contender for nicest forum poster, is fun person to play a game with and he's always willing to play!

Sorrow is a great masters poster and is very down to earth and not stuck up at all and doesn't let his league go to his head. He tries to help people when he can and creates loads of wonderful guides

Duke is super awesome with helping people over in technical support and he knows his stuff and he has even helped me in that past :P

----------------------------------------------
Will include more later but probably in another post
Edited by KillerofGods on 5/20/2014 2:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/20/2014 01:20 PMPosted by Doncroft
I think I've been a bit too grumpy today to participate quite yet. Great thread.
I think it's great that your human side is showing itself. It makes you more of a Most Valuable Person, and eliminates any concerns about being a Most Valuable Puppet.

To be fair your grumpy outbursts are still much kinder and gentler than the typical post from an average forumer.
Reply Quote
05/20/2014 01:29 PMPosted by avilboeman
05/20/2014 01:20 PMPosted by Doncroft
I think I've been a bit too grumpy today to participate quite yet. Great thread.
I think it's great that your human side is showing itself. It makes you more of a Most Valuable Person, and eliminates any concerns about being a Most Valuable Puppet.

To be fair your grumpy outbursts are still much kinder and gentler than the typical post from an average forumer.
QFT. I can agree with this as well.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
cdgGumdrop - Great forum poster, is always nice and willing to help out people when he can

Psione - Is my second favorite CM and does a great job in engaging with the forums and you will see him jump in and say hi occasionally

Velnrak - Works in technical support, enough said. His job is to literally help people on the forums in a thankless job.

Dayvie - Gets a lot of crud where most of it isn't even his fault, even so he likes the community and is capable of keeping his cool under almost all circumstances.

ScaryScarab - Propable my favorite non-MVP protoss forum poster, really nice and you can see his personality through his posts and is always a joy to chat with

Reno - Great forum poster, doesn't play much but that just proves he is a testament that you don't have to play to be a great addition to the community

Delmin - Been around on the forums for awhile and does an excellent job of being supportive to the community and chatting with people and encouraging them to engage with the community

DirtyD - Great poster and is probably the calmest and most civil zerg forum poster currently

Axiom - GM who promotes civil discussion and does what he can to help people

Kaivax - Really cool blue, is my favorite CM currently. He is also the only blue I know of who is a terran player :P
Edited by KillerofGods on 5/20/2014 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
05/20/2014 01:24 PMPosted by KnightWing
You are one of the most notable MVP's that shows examples on how to post without aggression, such as rants, qq's, and attacking devs straight off the bat.

You are also a great and improving terran player who switched from protoss, someone I look forward to learning from example watching your streams and what not

That's exceptionally kind of you. Thank you.

05/20/2014 01:29 PMPosted by avilboeman

Yeah. Thanks, Oboeman.
Edited by Doncroft on 5/20/2014 1:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
Qendel - Really nice forum poster and has been with us for awhile. I haven't seen him insult anyone or make a bad post yet.

Kelphe - Is the most active blue on the bug report forum and does an excellent job at keeping people over in the bug report forums informed.

Minigun - Probably the only pro player to visit these forums on occasion and gives his replays freely and offers pro level advice for free.

HTOMario - Was a very nice poster and was always a treat watching him play mech TvP. Whenever you think of terran mech this is the first person to come to mind 9 times out of ten.

Aldrexus - Probably my all time favorite CM, was always fun watching his name turn up in unexpected places while he encourage and promoted the sc2 community everywhere and anywhere.

Cloaken - I loved his video series on starcraft 2 and was a great sc2 community manager. Seriously that snowflake video alone gives him my +1, let alone everything else he's done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWKDxiIUyp4

Excaliburz - Best source of information if you want to find out more about ladder and how the matchmaking system works.

Fonzy (Idk what he changed his name to now) - Has used the Fonzy curse on multiple occasions to change the shape of tournaments and artificially inflated terran winrates using the curse.

Deanx - Has been doing a great job helping people out on the technical support forums.

Hunta - While he can err on the side of QQ sometims, he has helped me on occasion and is usually pretty nice

Guldhor - He has single handedly brought Bacon to this community and without Bacon this community would be in a far worse shape.

Blitz - real nice poster, very constructive and manages to play LoL while not letting it corrupt him.

Zamara - was one of the people who first got me wanting to improve myself as a poster.

RaiderRyan - One of the best terran posters on these forums, also super fun to hang out with.

TerranicII - Doesn't post here anymore but he deserves a mention for how great of a poster he was when he was around.
Edited by KillerofGods on 5/20/2014 2:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/20/2014 01:48 PMPosted by KillerofGods
Minigun - Probably the only pro player to visit these forums on occasion and gives his replays freely and offers pro level advice for free.

He left the forums and is never coming back because of the reasons of whining from Terrans. I am not surprised one bit.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
05/20/2014 02:22 PMPosted by TiNYUzi
05/20/2014 01:48 PMPosted by KillerofGods

He left the forums and is never coming back because of the reasons of whining from Terrans. I am not surprised one bit.

I know but I can still show my appreciation in an appreciation thread.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Can I just say I appreciate all of you? And a very special shoutout to Anesthetic. I'm going to miss him more than I can express here. I consider him an old friend.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
05/20/2014 02:26 PMPosted by Doncroft
Can I just say I appreciate all of you? And a very special shoutout to Anesthetic. I'm going to miss him more than I can express here. I consider him an old friend.

No Doncroft! That's not how that game goes! You are breaking the RULES!!! You have to write out all hundred or so appreciation comments :P

/joking
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
05/20/2014 02:31 PMPosted by KillerofGods

No Doncroft! That's not how that game goes! You are breaking the RULES!!! You have to write out all hundred or so appreciation comments :P

/joking

But I mean it sincerely. Everyone in this thread has done good things for this game and community.
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You haven't shown appreciation to meh! :P

KillerofGods I gotta compliment mainly due to everything he has done to help the forums. Whenever he posts a guide or just leaves a comment, I can always say that he put thought into it.
Edited by lauvilo on 5/20/2014 2:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Can I just say I appreciate all of you?

No.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
<span class="truncated">...</span>
You haven't shown appreciation to meh! :P

KillerffGods I gotta compliment mainly due to everything he has done to help the forums. Whenever he posts a guide or just leaves a comment, I can always say that he put thought into it.

Thanks ♥. And I was wanting to compliment you but I was 100% if you were laughup or not, and if you're not then who were you before you changed your name?

People changing their names has kinda made it hard to know whose who anymore.
Edited by KillerofGods on 5/20/2014 2:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Few people I've noticed contributing positively lately:

KillerOfGods, for trying to be a helpful and polite poster.

Raver, who, even though he occasionally makes trolly threads, makes a lot of constructive threads.

Turtle, for running http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/12880768306

Hechno, for running SFL

Sorrow (who left the forums) for the many constructive threads he made

TheBentOne, for running http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/12673329496

KnightWing, who, if nothing else, is always positive

Laughup, for running Arcade Nights
Reply Quote
...You haven't shown appreciation to meh! :P

KillerffGods I gotta compliment mainly due to everything he has done to help the forums. Whenever he posts a guide or just leaves a comment, I can always say that he put thought into it.

Thanks ♥. And I was wanting to compliment you but I was 100% if you were laughup or not, and if you're not then who were you before you changed your name?

People changing their names has kinda made it hard to know whose who anymore.
I have said it around here a lot that I am laughup, but yes I am laughup. Changing name back to laughup next season.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
05/20/2014 02:47 PMPosted by TheSkunk
for trying to be

That right there says I have a lot more work to do :P

But thanks for the mention.

05/20/2014 02:47 PMPosted by TheSkunk
Sorrow (who left the forums) for the many constructive threads he made

I remember him talking about it but I thought he was just taking a break??
Edited by KillerofGods on 5/20/2014 4:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've always respected TheSkunk. That guy has been an MVP for as long as I can remember, and his contributions to the forums are nothing short of amazing and helpful.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
There are so many great posters that work hard to make this a fun place to share our passion for StarCraft II. It would be difficult to name each person, since there are quite a few, but I really appreciate the passion and positivity that so many posters bring to these forums. If you think you're one of the people who helps to make these forums a better place, then you probably are, and you have my thanks!

Reading through all the threads on a daily basis, these contributions really stand out. Keep up the good work!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]