StarCraft® II

Heart of the Swarm Balance Update - May 23

Community Manager
Over the past few weeks, we’ve updated our Balance Test Map with different changes aimed at addressing Terran and Zerg balance concerns. After gathering and reviewing feedback on these changes, we’re ready to move forward with a new balance update. You can expect to see the following adjustments applied to Heart of the Swarm multiplayer today.

Terran
  • Removed Transformation Servos upgrade
  • Changed Hellion/Hellbat transform requirement to Armory

Zerg
  • Brood Lord gains the Frenzied ability
  • Frenzied is changed to also be immune to movement altering abilities

Thank you very much for all of your feedback on the proposed balance changes. Please feel free to use this thread for discussion on this update.
Reply Quote
Good deal.
Reply Quote
Good patch, removes a near never researched upgrade and gives Terran a little more pushing power on these new somewhat Zerg favoured maps. This will also make Mech a little more offensive oriented and encourage harassment through all stages of the game.
Reply Quote
Now we just need to work on Broodlords in general. How about a speed buff?
Reply Quote
Broodlords are fine.
Reply Quote
Yeah, with this buff, broodlords will be a viable option in ZvZ at the very least. In the other matchups, they weren't ever a bad option to go with but they weren't necessarily great as well.
Reply Quote
woot, servos will be nice since hellbat is my favorite unit but servos was something no1 ever got b4

also broodlords r fine i think they r actually quite good 2 use late game against terran (u teck ultras force marauders then 1-2 production rounds later u make broodlords see it all the time on ladder) also they prob be used more now in zvz
Reply Quote
is it live?
Reply Quote
is it live?²
Reply Quote
05/23/2014 12:36 PMPosted by GroundZero
Now we just need to work on Broodlords in general. How about a speed buff?

Speed isn't their problem, it's tempests that made them truly horrible, they can't even fight back with BCs can
Reply Quote
How does this fix early game TvP? You guys are terrible.
Reply Quote
05/23/2014 12:36 PMPosted by Incubus
Good patch, removes a near never researched upgrade

I agree, all upgrades should be usefull.
Time to work on neural parasite now ! (and infestor in general maybe...)
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
05/23/2014 12:23 PMPosted by Psione
Terran
Removed Transformation Servos upgrade
Changed Hellion/Hellbat transform requirement to Armory

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Sorry. I'm just...so happy.
Edited by Doncroft on 5/23/2014 1:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
do you want zerg to roach bane allin every game
because this is how you get that
Reply Quote
7rr the new meta.
Reply Quote
Zerg
Brood Lord gains the Frenzied ability

What does this even mean? "frenzied". Does this mean they shoot faster when frenzy ability is activated? Does it mean they shoot faster after engaging for a few seconds? Does it mean they are really pissed off and in a frenzy?
Reply Quote
This is great news for TvZ, but no explanation on what the Frenzied ability is? I suppose you're going to link me to another thread.
Reply Quote
did it go through yet?
Reply Quote
05/23/2014 01:40 PMPosted by eNtRoPy
Zerg
Brood Lord gains the Frenzied ability

What does this even mean? "frenzied". Does this mean they shoot faster when frenzy ability is activated? Does it mean they shoot faster after engaging for a few seconds? Does it mean they are really pissed off and in a frenzy?

The Ultralisk has the Frenzied ability. Look it up in the game guide.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]