StarCraft® II

Account Suspensions - May. 28, 2014

Community Manager
We recently issued a new round of account suspensions and bans to StarCraft II players who were in violation of the Battle.net Terms of Use for cheating and/or using hack programs while playing.

Ensuring a fair and competitive environment within the Battle.net service is a cornerstone of the StarCraft II experience, and cheating and hacking can lead to stability and performance issues with the service. Any action taken to harass or obtain an unfair advantage over other players, whether accomplished by in-game exploitation or via manipulation of the Battle.net service, may be considered a violation of our Terms of Use. Such actions are subject to penalties up to, and including, permanent suspension of a Battle.net account.

If you suspect another player of exploitation, harassment, or otherwise violating our policies, please simply report the player in question to afford our support staff the opportunity to investigate accordingly.

As always, maintaining a stable, safe, and secure online-gaming experience for legitimate players is a top priority for us. We'll continue to keep watch on Battle.net and take action as needed.
Reply Quote
Thanks!

Although i have encountered no map hackers (Or at least to my knowledge) I still appreciate the work you guys put in to assure fun and fair play on the ladder.
Reply Quote
Yeah wasn't banned

Despite there being like 5 threads and a bunch of evidence that he was hacking.

Good job Blizzard.
Edited by Arkitas on 5/28/2014 3:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Yeah wasn't banned

Good job Blizzard.

Hey Hunta. We don't comment on specific cases around banning or users, however if you'd like to link the threads you are mentioning, I would certainly take a look at them. My search has yielded nothing about this topic.
Reply Quote
Thanks Blizzard!! :D
Reply Quote
Yeah wasn't banned

Good job Blizzard.

Hey Hunta. We don't comment on specific cases around banning or users, however if you'd like to link the threads you are mentioning, I would certainly take a look at them. My search has yielded nothing about this topic.

They were deleted. We had an entire thread on his hacking with replays included.

I sent in 2 replays with more than enough valid evidence to hacks@blizzard.com as well, but nothing ever happened. I know for certain that I am not the only one who has done this. As well, here is a post from a separate thread:

Maphackers are pretty rampant above is a maphacker 100%, go to http://sc2replaystats.com/player/ pick any replay and if you can't tell he's hacking from it ur a moron. Just played a Terran who was a hacker with production hacks too. In my laddering its pretty rare for me to not notice a new obvious maphacker every day or so, not to mention any of those who may have slipped past me.

http://sc2replaystats.com/replay/453609
http://sc2replaystats.com/replay/453579

SCV scout super off on alterzim, 4 key going wild both games storing selections for macro. Just some super super dodgy moves all through the game but the selection storage for automated macro is always a dead give away. Don't even know why that guy hacks, most hackers are utter trash who would struggle in bronze without hacks but this guy could actually be pretty decent even without hacks I think.
Reply Quote
I think it is fair to assume that the current wave of maphacker bans was implemented due to automated detection. Automated detection could sometimes miss some people.

Individual map hackers such as this person (if he is indeed map hacking) might have been lucky. In such cases, I would hope Blizzard's customer support department would be able to handle them on an individual basis when reported.
Edited by Palefang on 5/28/2014 3:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
mmmm

*goes to hacker forum*
*sees no whine threads by 5 year olds about being banned on front page*
*sees ******* is not banned*

Great banwave guys. You sure someone wasn't trying to play a Blizzard game with Cedega again?
Edited by Arkitas on 5/28/2014 3:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ze @BannHammer

05/28/2014 03:13 PMPosted by SliTaz
mmmm

*goes to hacker forum*
*sees no whine threads by 5 year olds about being banned on front page*
*sees ******* is not banned*

Great banwave guys. You sure someone wasn't trying to play a Blizzard game with Cedega again?

Actually i didn't feel cheated today, strangely enough.. unlike other days
Edited by Arkitas on 5/28/2014 3:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
<span class="truncated">...</span>

They were deleted. We had an entire thread on his hacking with replays included.

I sent in 2 replays with more than enough valid evidence to hacks@blizzard.com as well, but nothing ever happened. I know for certain that I am not the only one who has done this. As well, here is a post from a separate thread:

Maphackers are pretty rampant, above is a maphacker 100%, go to http://sc2replaystats.com/player/ pick any replay and if you can't tell he's hacking from it ur a moron. Just played a Terran who was a hacker with production hacks too. In my laddering its pretty rare for me to not notice a new obvious maphacker every day or so, not to mention any of those who may have slipped past me.

http://sc2replaystats.com/replay/453609
http://sc2replaystats.com/replay/453579

SCV scout super off on alterzim, 4 key going wild both games storing selections for macro. Just some super super dodgy moves all through the game but the selection storage for automated macro is always a dead give away. Don't even know why that guy hacks, most hackers are utter trash who would struggle in bronze without hacks but this guy could actually be pretty decent even without hacks I think.

Thanks for the details. I'm going to moderate this thread now, as hacker claims and such are more suited to e-mail than forums. We definitely appreciate the passion and fervor that you're giving to the game though, and thanks for the information. I'd encourage you to always e-mail hacks@blizzard.com for any concerns around players cheating/hacking/exploiting or anything of that nature. It is incredibly effective.
Edited by Arkitas on 5/28/2014 3:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
thx u blizz !!

hahaha so nice 2 see these SCUM get banned
Reply Quote
I'm telling you, it's all about Arkitas and Psione!
Reply Quote
Starcraft 2 is the one greatest games ever invented. Players that cheat at this game should be banned for life! So to the great people at Blizzard, Please don't let them ruin our game.
Reply Quote
Great work Blizzard :)
Reply Quote
Thank you for supporting us Blizzard. I encountered a couple of map hackers in diamond league last season, glad you guys are taking this seriously. Thanks for making the best RTS game in history, much appreciation.
Reply Quote
When exactly did this ban occur? I reported somebody last night for blatant hacking (and he even admitted to it when I made the accusation), I just checked his match history, and he last played 4 hours ago. I would hope he get included in the ban :(

edit - I could submit the replay, it's so obvious it's a hacker there's no debate.. I'd just like to know whether something would actually happen (before the next ban wave, supposedly many months from now)
Edited by PaperWeight on 5/28/2014 6:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ksuen, did they get your favourite or is he still at large?
huh, maybe they did! the forum account looks like it's gone at least.
Edited by avilboeman on 5/28/2014 6:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ValiantChaos users and external hack users are still not banned and will continue to enjoy ruining your starcraft experience. Have nice day.
Reply Quote
ouh cheating is bad how can you be happy to win if you cheat hummm... a big thx blizz for this
Reply Quote
05/28/2014 06:12 PMPosted by avilboeman
ksuen, did they get your favourite or is he still at large?
huh, maybe they did! the forum account looks like it's gone at least.

He still pulls up when I look. Arkitas is working on it though from the sound of things.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]