Please revert mine nerf

MVP - StarCraft
For those of you opposing the idea, I wouldn't worry. There's not the slightest chance the damage radius on the WM will be increased to its old size.
Reply Quote
06/08/2014 06:41 PMPosted by Doncroft
For those of you opposing the idea, I wouldn't worry. There's not the slightest chance the damage radius on the WM will be increased to its old size.
That is unfortunate. The old TvZ was better.
Reply Quote

And no chance of anything in between?
Reply Quote
06/08/2014 06:43 PMPosted by Avilaus

Hopefully.
Reply Quote

Because the devs are too thick headed.

Giving Terran early strong timings while not addressing the acutal issue, that is mid-late game is a fail game design.

Do we want it to be like TvP? Terran has to end the game early or face the concequences?

I hate asymmetrical balance.
Reply Quote

Does that mean the devs aren't planing to do something dedicated to solve the mid/lategame-issue, or just that the damage radius won't be the tool to fix it?
Edited by Temeter on 6/8/2014 10:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
revert would be too much. I would say slightly buff but not as strong as before.
Reply Quote
Revert wouldn't be good.
TvZ looked pretty fine at HSC IX.
Reply Quote
06/08/2014 11:23 PMPosted by ErZZr
revert would be too much. I would say slightly buff but not as strong as before.

Same, but it seems unlikely :(
Reply Quote
I think the Mine should stay nerfed.
I think the Mine should be weak, maybe even weaker than it is now.
I think the Mine should be 1 supply, and cost less, so Terran can make up for the Mine being weak by spamming more of them, or getting occasional Mines for defense without wasting a ton of resources and supply.
Reply Quote
06/09/2014 06:38 AMPosted by Fawxkitteh
I think the Mine should stay nerfed.
I think the Mine should be weak, maybe even weaker than it is now.
I think the Mine should be 1 supply, and cost less, so Terran can make up for the Mine being weak by spamming more of them, or getting occasional Mines for defense without wasting a ton of resources and supply.

I would agree about the supplycost, but additionally making them cheaper would actually be a big buff. To bad there aren't ingame statistics about the usefulness of unit types. Discussing this would be easier with actual numbers about cost and kills.

Well, at least it's obvious they completely fail their role as a zoning-tool allowing you to attack on creep. That's actually much worse than numerical imbalance.
Reply Quote
06/09/2014 02:07 AMPosted by Shinsei
Revert wouldn't be good.
TvZ looked pretty fine at HSC IX.

It didn't. It looked worse than ever before.
Reply Quote
Old mines were dumb, I'd hate to see them return.
If anything, revert the hellbat buff and Nerf mutas a little. Reverting the muta buff would be bad too because even the current mines would be too much for them to handle.
Reply Quote
NO LMAO

mines are still too good !
Edited by KhanMachia on 6/9/2014 12:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If anything, revert the hellbat buff and Nerf mutas a little. Reverting the muta buff would be bad too because even the current mines would be too much for them to handle.

Are you saying nerf Mutas in a way aside from regen?
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
06/08/2014 06:43 PMPosted by Avilaus

There's always a chance of something like that.
Reply Quote
06/09/2014 12:36 PMPosted by Fawxkitteh

Are you saying nerf Mutas in a way aside from regen?

I meant nerf their regen a little, don't revert it to what it was before.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
While we appreciate the suggestion, it would be great to see more analysis on how this change would affect game balance. I've been seeing a lot of threads lately that suggest changes in reaction to a single match or series, that don't really offer any detailed analysis.

It's been mentioned in the past, but the more information and analysis provided on a suggestion and how it would change balance, the more it can prompt meaningful discussion on the topic when we pass it along. Suggestion topics that fail to do this often set a trend for the entire thread that results in a lot of discussion with only a few posters providing thoughtful analysis.
Reply Quote
06/09/2014 01:47 PMPosted by Psione
While we appreciate the suggestion, it would be great to see more analysis on how this change would affect game balance. I've been seeing a lot of threads lately that suggest changes in reaction to a single match or series, that don't really offer any detailed analysis.

It's been mentioned in the past, but the more information and analysis provided on a suggestion and how it would change balance, the more it can prompt meaningful discussion on the topic when we pass it along. Suggestion topics that fail to do this often set a trend for the entire thread that results in a lot of discussion with only a few posters providing thoughtful analysis.

Couldn't be said any better.

<3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]