Season 2 Ladder Lock - June 23

Community Manager
This morning we posted a blog that offered a reminder on the incoming Season 2 Ladder lock intended to occur next week. Shortly after the blog went live, we received reports from players that the ladder season had already locked.

After investigating the reports, it appears that a configuration error in our system caused the Season 2 Ladder to lock today rather than next week.

While looking at our options for how best to resolve this issue, we realized that reverting the lock at this point could cause further confusion among many players on their final Season 2 Ladder standing. This is especially true for Grandmaster players that believe they’ve already secured their positions as part of the lock. Additionally, we'd prefer to allow the lock to extend an extra week rather than risk making a change that could affect the ladder data near the end of a season. For these reasons, we've decided to allow the lock to remain. This means the ladder will be locked from June 23, 2014 until Season 3 starts on July 7, 2014.

It's always our preference to provide advance notice on incoming ladder locks and we apologize for the inconvenience of this situation.
Reply Quote
Thanks for letting everyone know. I wasn't getting promoted to diamond within a week anyways XD.
Reply Quote
In other words, you guys goofed up and it would have been too much hassle to revert.
Reply Quote
As compensation, tell us the map pool now, you fools!
Tell me!
Reply Quote
06/23/2014 04:12 PMPosted by llllllllllll
Tell me!
Reply Quote
And I just got back in game shape for my Diamond promo Q_Q

Tell me!
Edited by Felix on 6/23/2014 4:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Awww I have my tryhard pants on because I had planned to go hard this week for masters :(. Thanks for letting us know though...
Reply Quote
AFK for a while because of BLZBNTBNA00000007, an error which Blizzard is not willing to fix. ╮(╯_╰)╭
Reply Quote
Tell me!
Reply Quote
Thats aweful news blizzard. Terrible Terrible news.
Reply Quote
06/23/2014 03:49 PMPosted by Psione
reverting the lock at this point could cause further confusion among many players on their final Season 2 Ladder standing. This is especially true for Grandmaster players that believe they’ve already secured their positions as part of the lock.

So basically what you're saying is lazy gm players just got a boost? Kappa
Reply Quote
Lame :(
Reply Quote
This is a small blunder, no biggie. Now, having a broken league system for about 7 months and no Terrans winning a premier tournament for about 7 months...now those are what I call problems. Good thing they both got fixed eventually lol.
Edited by Raver on 6/23/2014 5:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Tell me!
Reply Quote
Darn it, I wanted to get WoL plat in preparation for going into HotS.
Reply Quote
Then why doesn't the new season start on June 30th instead? That'd be fair instead of making us have to wait two weeks before we can get promoted/demoted.
Reply Quote
Why can't we just have it one week T___T

Summer doesn't last forever!
Reply Quote
06/23/2014 05:44 PMPosted by sceadulord
Then why doesn't the new season start on June 30th instead? That'd be fair instead of making us have to wait two weeks before we can get promoted/demoted.

This is a good Idea.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]