StarCraft® II

Out boxer in season 3 map pool?

proven balanced map from proleague
thoughts?
Reply Quote
terran favored, is like a smaller version of waystation
Reply Quote
As a Zerg player

AARRRHRHRHHR I WANT 4 BASES WHY CANT I MACRO LIKE YOU GUISE?!?!?!!?!?
Reply Quote
Never played on Outboxer, but from watching Proleague it looks like a fun map. Maybe they could add destructible rocks to the island bases so that Terran can't ninja expand until the late-game.

EDIT: Looks like the Proleague version has a Creep Tumor at each island base.
Edited by Axiom on 6/24/2014 12:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/24/2014 12:55 PMPosted by Axiom
Never played on Outboxer, but from watching Proleague it looks like a fun map. Maybe they could add destructible rocks to the island bases so that Terran can't ninja expand until the late-game.

Used to have a creep tumor.
Reply Quote
I hope so. I've been in love with that map since the first time I saw it.
Reply Quote
06/24/2014 12:55 PMPosted by Axiom

Aw. But I wanted to play "Confuse the Protoss" like TB. :(
Reply Quote
Watching maps in Proleague has always made me wanted to play on them. It's fairly balanced and is fun to watch so why not?

In general as far as the map pool goes. I really hope they have a better variety going forward. By that I mean a couple maps that favor each race.

The last 2 seasons the maps were kinda similar in that they favored one race moreso than the other 2. 2 seasons ago it was mainly blink heavy maps with tight chokes that favored protoss and this season its a lot of the maps favored zerg because of the hard to defend 3rd bases.

I don't mind seeing maps like that, but I just hope its not like every map favors 1 race. A couple maps with hard to hold 3rds and open areas, a couple blink friendly maps or ones with good chokes, and a couple maps that are good for drop play would be ideal imo.
Reply Quote
06/24/2014 12:50 PMPosted by JiYeon
terran favored, is like a smaller version of waystation

Soooo it's balanced?
The only balanced maps are Terran favored maps, obviously.
Reply Quote
wtf, why is a well-designed not overly large 2 play map terran favored? I'ts not even wide open (TvP dream) and its an overall pretty balanced map from what i can tell and imo much better than overgrowth or habitation station. its a great map, really
Reply Quote
Lol, name me a supposed terran favored map. Waystation is terran favored? Oh right, except when the coinflip gives long-spawns. short spawn means it isn't terran disadvantage, not sure if it gives a real advantage, maybe slight against zerg.

at this point what would be wrong with giving a terran favored map in the map pool when terran winrate is >50% and UP in TvP clearly and TvZ?
try the map. its great
Reply Quote
Community Manager
While we enjoy Outboxer, it wasn't a map that we chose for the Season 3 ladder map pool.

For the upcoming season, we looked to reward the hard work of community map makers and offer spots in the ladder map pool. Through the Team Liquid Map Contest, and other means, we reviewed many community maps and worked with our partners to choose maps we felt would fit for Season 3.

We're still working out final details, but we're hoping to preview the maps soon. Stay tuned.
Reply Quote
06/24/2014 03:53 PMPosted by Psione
While we enjoy Outboxer, it wasn't a map that we chose for the Season 3 ladder map pool.

For the upcoming season, we looked to reward the hard work of community map makers and offer spots in the ladder map pool. Through the Team Liquid Map Contest, and other means, we reviewed many community maps and worked with our partners to choose maps we felt would fit for Season 3.

We're still working out final details, but we're hoping to preview the maps soon. Stay tuned.

PLEASE not CJ Biome
Reply Quote
Excited for the new maps.

A bit worried about the "community made maps" and "TL map contest" though - last time that happened we were stuck with a map pool that seemed like the majority were created by a silver league protoss for 5 months (Heavy rain, Yeonsu).
Reply Quote

Can't wait to see the preview. Please give us a balanced pool! I have cookies.
(Would also have loved Out Boxer)
Reply Quote

no outboxer? :(
Reply Quote
06/24/2014 04:14 PMPosted by Arianity
no outboxer? :(

:(
Reply Quote
1v1 maps that'll be added are here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/449858-tlmc4-results

Tho' I hope they don't add Biome cuz that's just awful
Reply Quote
06/24/2014 04:39 PMPosted by Coldzila
Tho' I hope they don't add Biome cuz that's just awful
Funny, I was just thinking that it was the most amazing map I've ever seen :/ Or at least quite close to it.
Reply Quote
06/24/2014 04:39 PMPosted by Coldzila
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/449858-tlmc4-results

Interesting that Preservation came in 2nd as it was one of the maps that from what I saw wasn't really finished and looks literally rough around the edges.

I am talking about 2v2 here.
Edited by SlugLyfe on 6/24/2014 6:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]