StarCraft® II

Terran Balance

Blizzard plz. The race of welfare queens need more handouts.
Reply Quote
06/30/2014 01:17 PMPosted by avilo
lol.....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reply Quote
One think is for sure. If balance team cant even make a Balance Test Map to see some really good given suggestions to try, I don't think the team would be interested in spending extra time in reading and looking to all the charts, statistics and other data provided. Balance team, aka DK is either not paid for improving SC2 or he is extremely bad and in any other self respected company would be fired for not doing the job properly.

MOBAs balance teams works hard and do not hesitate to try to approach different balance options or redesign during the seasons even their prize pool is x100 bigger than SC2.
Edited by Xeno on 6/30/2014 1:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
'Tis an impressively well-sourced balance whine.
Reply Quote
this still going on.. lol
Reply Quote
06/30/2014 01:18 PMPosted by poochie

Interesting metaphor to use here.

Considering the man who said it was a walking microcosm of exaggeration and ideological contradiction. Sort of like some of these posters.

But hey man, you just go ahead and ignore the relevant issues!
Edited by nomufftotuff on 6/30/2014 1:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/30/2014 01:15 PMPosted by GameOfDrones
06/30/2014 01:13 PMPosted by AzureDrake
Weren't you voted the smartest poster in the last forum polls?

Most insightful, highest quality, and best random poster, yeah.

I don't know how much stock you should put in that, though. There were a lot of names missing from that list that deserved to be on there.

Well, you DID beat me :P.
Reply Quote
06/30/2014 01:47 PMPosted by nomufftotuff
06/30/2014 01:18 PMPosted by poochie

Considering the man who said it was a walking microcosm of exaggeration and ideological contradiction. Sort of like some of these posters.

Who was that man?
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Who was that man?

For the sake of keeping this about sc2, I won't mention any names. It entered our common vocabulary though after a certain presidential speech before 1980 (where the term actually isn't mentioned verbatim.)
Edited by nomufftotuff on 6/30/2014 2:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/30/2014 01:04 PMPosted by GameOfDrones
Basically, run of the mill QQ stuff. I've made my points, people preferred to call me an idiot rather than responding to them,

This guy here deserves to be honored. Other Terran race QQ babies should just go and l2p. I mean yeah you can cry about pro-level statistics and games all day long, but that wont make you any better or worse, how Taeja wins something or polt gets destroyed doesnt affect your games.

None of the terran players who posted here actually played the game or had a decent league. You suck, deal with it and start learning. Sc2 is easy game for casuals who only need to reach master level (GM is not casual tho).
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Who was that man?

For the sake of keeping this about sc2, I won't mention any names. It entered our common vocabulary though after a certain presidential speech before 1980 (where the term actually isn't mentioned verbatim.)

Just wiki'd it. I don't like that man too but I found this interesting: Welfare queen refers to a certain person who collected benefits under various aliases.

Kind of like how a certain person who constantly cries for handouts under various aliases.
Edited by poochie on 6/30/2014 2:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/30/2014 02:03 PMPosted by SovietUnion
None of the terran players who posted here actually played the game or had a decent league. You suck, deal with it and start learning. Sc2 is easy game for casuals who only need to reach master level (GM is not casual tho).

coming from a protoss player. Why am I not surprised?
Reply Quote

Just wiki'd it. I don't like that man too but I found this interesting: Welfare queen refers to a certain person who collected benefits under various aliases.

Kind of like how a certain person who constantly cries for handouts under various aliases.

Avilo is a whiny jerk, we know that.

But the article is actually pretty relevant. It's sad that we can't see past avilo.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We just wanted to share an update that we provided in another thread.

We've been reading the feedback on Terran balance and on our thoughts regarding balance test maps. We'll be discussing these topics further on our end and hope to have additional details soon.
Reply Quote
Love the double standard in the article. Someone get this guy on the line with Fox News asap.
Reply Quote
06/30/2014 02:44 PMPosted by Psione
We just wanted to share an [url="http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/13273137416?page=6#111"]update [/url]that we provided in another thread.

We've been reading the feedback on Terran balance and on our thoughts regarding balance test maps. We'll be discussing these topics further on our end and hope to have additional details soon.

Ty we would really appreciate it.
Reply Quote
06/30/2014 02:03 PMPosted by SovietUnion
Basically, run of the mill QQ stuff. I've made my points, people preferred to call me an idiot rather than responding to them,

This guy here deserves to be honored. Other Terran race QQ babies should just go and l2p. I mean yeah you can cry about pro-level statistics and games all day long, but that wont make you any better or worse, how Taeja wins something or polt gets destroyed doesnt affect your games.

Yes but I watch professional Sc2, which is affected by balanced. And having far less of one race makes the game more boring and seem unbalanced.

If Blizzard is trying to push Sc2 as an e-sport then it needs to be balanced and not boring ZvP every final.
Reply Quote
06/30/2014 12:56 PMPosted by HotCoffee
I think it's hilarious that not once in that entire miles-long article did the author even mention a single statistic from after the latest balance patch.

Did you even read? In the "Amount of WSC premier league players in 2014" he includes season 2 which is the latest one. The buff to Widow Mines was 3 months ago. This is more than enough time to see some results.

And would you look at that, yet again GoD and Praxy are using logic and reasoning while everyone else says "NUH UH U R DUMB TROLL CUZ REPRESENTATION"

Strawman and ad hoimnem all in one sentence. You should become a lawyer.

You can accuse them of using the winrates too much, but you're doing the exact same thing with representation. The difference is no one has used representation alone as a balance measurement in RTS history.

The editorial discusses a lot more than representation. Ignoring it does not help your case.

It is pretty funny to see all of the people who get constantly crushed in arguments by those two talking trash instead of responding to their arguments.

This is called projection.

Someone posted a very long, well thought-out response to the OP, and was subsequently called an idiot rather than having his points addressed.

I hope you're not talking about Nalikill. If you're not then point me to this other "long, well thought-out response". Hopefully it's not more theorycrafting attempts.
Reply Quote
06/30/2014 02:44 PMPosted by Psione
We just wanted to share an [url="http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/13273137416?page=6#111"]update [/url]that we provided in another thread.

As always, your attentiveness to community issues is much-appreciated. Thank you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]