Suggestion: Build an in game teaching system

Recently, in order to help new players get to know Starcraft 2 easier and faster, Blizzard China set up a "Coach System", which in fact is an activity that just asks some skilled players to talk to or to play with some new players whom are assigned to them by Blizzard China. Although it is a good idea, according to my own experience a few years ago, it's not a very efficient way to teach or learn. Besides, it's not pleasure to both "teachers" and "students" during the teaching period, as both of them are just players. Many "students" tired very soon, what is worse, some "teachers" just simply beat their "students" in game again and again.

Therefore, I imagine a in game function: student can invite teacher to form a group to play 1v1 UNRANKED ladder game. Teacher is a observer and can only see what his student sees, and can sent text message to student. What's more, teacher can make some special signals, if they cannot communicate with mic. For example, when the supply cap is coming, teacher can click the supply icon, and then student can hear a special sound and see a flash on the icon, and so on. So they don't have to waste time to sent text message in some cases.

It looks like a way that parents teach children to write. It is the most efficient way to learn.

PS: I don't suggest do this in custom game is because it's not easy to find opponent whom matches students' level, and student can get more stronger feeling that "I am becoming better and better" in unranking ladder game.
Edited by StarOFdadA on 7/8/2014 12:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
To whom may be interested in the "Coach System" activity (event):

http://winwin.163.com/jiaoguan
Reply Quote
Thank you Blizzard!!!!!!! Archon Mode, is, soooooo, cool!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]