StarCraft® II

System Requirements explained in detail

mmmm i running the game in minimun but i would like to know something, my video card is integrated a ATI RAEDON HD 4200. should i change or stay with only this ??
Reply Quote
Hi,

I'm able to run the game on Ultra except for the texture which is set to high. Everything works great with no lag except the cinematics. I cannot see them.

It starts out black then I get slivers of blocky looking video every now and then during the cut scene. Once it gets to the objectives screen everything is back to normal with great graphics.

I have an Intel Core 2 quad core @ 2.4 ghz with 8 GB RAM with a GeForce 8800 GTS 512mb i'm running windows vista 64 bit. I am going to try downloading the newest video drivers but I am not sure what else to do. I tried lowering video settings...I tried using fullscreen instead of windowed mode but no luck. Same issue. With my specs I do not know why this might be a problem. Hoping you guys might have some suggestions?

Thank you,

Christina
Reply Quote
nevermind. I updated the graphics driver and that did resolve the issue. Video looks great now! :)
Reply Quote
Ok my PC exceeds the recommended requirements

INtel i7 quad core
3GB DDR3 Ram
Radeon HD 4850 with 512MB on the card

New thermal paste on the processor
Side of the case to improve airflow

Whole PC turns off (in game and sometimes in the menu). Checking current temps, everything is within acceptable paramaters.
Reply Quote
I am having issues with video lag and my card temps running really high with this game. In most games, even Crysis I don't get above 65c with SC2 I'm hitting 80c. And yes my fan is running and the card is brand new and everything else in the case is running at the temps it normally does whilst gaming or running graphics intensive programs. Running the latest drivers the 258.96 ones. The game is also very laggy when I run at my native resolution 1920x1200. I'm pretty sure I should be able to run this game on Ultra settings. I've set a profile for SC2 in the nVidia controls to set AA and Anisotropy to app controlled. Still very bad lag. I set everything to High and reflections off and it's "playable", but still some lag. ***Just sitting in the menu it runs my card at 80c...That's just not right. Alt+tab and writing this my video temps drop right back to the 45c that they idle at.
i7 2.67 ghz
6gigs 1600mhz ram OCZ Intel Extreme XMP
nVidia GTX295 BFG non OC'd
Windows 7 64bit
Edited by DocSavage on 7/27/2010 6:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My computer meets the recommended requirements except for the XP/Vista (proud XP user).
I have pentium 4 3.00 ghz, 2gigs RAM, an ATI HD4650 1gig graphics. My computer is 5 years old but every other game I have run on full graphical settings without lag (Bioshock, fallout 3...)
Reply Quote
I can load and start the game but about 5 minutes into a campaign i get red bars across my screen and then complete computer freeze.

sys. specs
video: nvidia geforce 8800 gt
cpu: Q6600 @ 2.40GHz ( 4 cpus)
windows XP with latest updates
directX 9.0c

any idea as to what's wrong?
Reply Quote
2.6 dual core, gForce 8600 GT, 3.25g DDR2, plenty of hd space, Xp Pro/sp3 DirectX 9c, drivers up to date.
The game itself runs just fine, however, the FMVs cause problems if they run for more than 2 minutes. I actually got a stopcode at one point, and have had several crashes - FMV flickers, then blacks out, if I act quickly enough, and get back to desktop, I can restore the game, and continue from the next loading screen, otherwise, it brings my system to a halt.
I'll probably be just fine in multiplayer, but to be honest, I'm a lore junkie, and am (one of the few) enjoying the FMVs... when I get to watch them.
DxDiag report:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/27/2010, 22:24:43
Machine name: ###################
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: GBT___
System Model: GBTUACPI
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5400+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 3326MB RAM
Page File: 705MB used, 5785MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 8600 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0402&SUBSYS_C7503842&REV_A1
Display Memory: 256.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Default Monitor
Monitor Max Res:
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0012.5896 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 7/9/2010 18:38:00, 6343040 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
Mini VDD Date: 7/9/2010 18:38:00, 10604128 bytes
Edited by Reebz on 7/27/2010 7:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Fixed my problem! JUST UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS!! Cant stress this enough.
Reply Quote
Im going to upgrade my graphics card to a ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB DDR2 PCI-E 2 from a really old one( can barely play game on low) will this graphics card be able to run the game well at meduim-high graphics?

Other system specs:
Video: ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB DDR2 PCI-E-2 (updated from old card)
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+ (2 CPUs) ~1.9GHz
Memory: 2 GB
Reply Quote
Same problem as rennic with pratcically same specs.
Reply Quote
I got better than what you recommend yet i get lag that makes the game unplayable
I get a constant 62 FPS in the menu's but while the game is kicking off, i got to around 10-15 FPS once the units start to get high in numbers
I played the beta and in Phase 1, it was perfect, had no FPS issues, but once Phase 2 started and in the final release, i lag horribly bad
Although in Phase 1 i had Windows XP 64-Bit and Switched during the downtime to WIndow 7 64-bit
Window 7 Home Premium 64-bit
AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 quad-core processor (4 CPUs), 2.2GHz
8gigs Ram
DirectX11
GeForce 9800 GTX
Driver Version: 8.17.12.5721
Date of Driver: 6/7/2010
DDI version: 10
DirectDraw Acceleration: Enabled
Direct3D Acceleration: Enabled
AGP Texture Acceleration: Enabled
I tried different drivers, the latest versions to older but still lag

Take for example the mission "Zero Hour"

At about the 9:30 mark, when nothing is even happening, no combat, i only have around 13 FPS and only gets worse as it goes on
Edited by Prickish on 7/27/2010 9:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have the same specs as him as well only have vista but same video card and processer. Get the message "you computer is slowing the game down" I have nothing else running and have graphics at low.

Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU p7450 @ 2.13 GHZ
4 gb ram
Nvidiva GeForce 9800m gs 512mb
Reply Quote
Having a problem where the screen suddenly goes black for a few seconds (which would keep on repeating every few seconds) or 'permanently' until I minimize and force-close the game. I then get repeated errors in the taskbar saying something like "IGFX display driver has stopped responding and has successfully corrected itself".

Problem seems to occur semi-randomly on certain 'talk-scenes' in between missions and pretty much non-stop in the 4th mission titled "Evacuation", I believe, which is as far as I managed to get because of the issue. All the missions/talk and cut-scenes before this point have seemed to work fine.

I'm using a "mobile intel (r) 965 express chipset family" graphics card which I understand is low-end but according to this article
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=26243&parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=3637
is nonetheless supported for the game (though there is another very similar article on the same Blizzard's support site that doesn't list the card at all...)
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=30585&parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=3637.

My laptop runs vista and meets the other requirements with Intel Core 2 Duo CPU t5750 @ 2.00ghz and 2 gigs of ram.

I am able to more or less run the game on minimum settings when this problem doesn't happen. I'm wondering if there is something I can do to stop this from occurring provided it is some conflict issue.

The graphics driver and my OS all are up to date.

This is all in singleplayer as I haven't tried multiplayer at all yet though I imagine it will be the same if not worse.

Thanks a lot for the help. Hoping to resolve this before I happen to get a better computer.
Edited by PTZ on 7/27/2010 10:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
my current video card can't support starcraft 2 so i have been looking around for a better one and was wondering if this one meets the requirements...

Galaxy - NVIDIA GeForce GT240 1GB PCI Express Graphics Card
found it at bestbuy.com

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Galaxy+-+NVIDIA+GeForce+GT240+1GB+PCI+Express+Graphics+Card/9715834.p?id=1218172864731&skuId=9715834
copy&paste to see it on bestbuy.com for more info
Reply Quote
hey sure shot i had the same question. i had one and it play for a little bit then quit on me. if your near a best buy.(mind you they overcharge) they have a card which only requires your power system to have 300 watts total, and its probably the best bang for your buck if you have low system specs. its a galaxy nvidia geforce 240gt. i picked one up cus our system cant handle a whole lot but it can do low end gaming fine. the installer put some of the specs on medium or high, but i play in low because i'm more of a perfomance guy.
Edited by famguyfan on 7/28/2010 1:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
dear urtog. your in luck i think i just answered sure shots and your question. i had the card he had, upgraded to the one your thinking about and so far so good. the installer put the game at mostly medium and the models i believe on high. i put everything on low cus i prefer perfomance. lag makes me angry. Plus the the nvidia geforce 240gt come only requires your entire system to have 300 watts, and considering they dont make computers with less than 300 watts anymore you should be luck. i have the exact same one(best buy overchargers for sure) but it was worth it to get the day after the game launced with no wait. your local best buy should have. heck, if kokomoi indiana has one in stock, you should to. latest drivers on the disc to, plus autoplay enable so makes it a breeze. hope it works out for ya!
Reply Quote
dear urtog. your in luck i think i just answered sure shots and your question. i had the card he had, upgraded to the one your thinking about and so far so good. the installer put the game at mostly medium and the models i believe on high. i put everything on low cus i prefer perfomance. lag makes me angry. Plus the the nvidia geforce 240gt come only requires your entire system to have 300 watts, and considering they dont make computers with less than 300 watts anymore you should be luck. i have the exact same one(best buy overchargers for sure) but it was worth it to get the day after the game launced with no wait. your local best buy should have. heck, if kokomoi indiana has one in stock, you should to. latest drivers on the disc to, plus autoplay enable so makes it a breeze. hope it works out for ya!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]