SC2 Mac Known Issues

(Locked)

Same as above. I'm late MBPro (2008) 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, using both the NVidia GeForce 9400M and NVidia GeForce 9600M GT. 10.6.4. Have to have all my settings at LOW to make the FPS even playable. Help!
Edited by Dokte on 7/28/2010 12:16 PM PDT
i want to be able to play the game offline. when it ask me witch one i would like to play, i hit off line. it says i need to download the client, witch i have and it says i need a character again witch i have. what do i need to do?
My story in short: Late 2007 Macbook Pro with 2GB RAM.

Beta 1: Ran excellent at Medium Settings plus 1920x1080 Res. Had awesome battles and got up to the gold league.

Beta 2: Got cussed out by fellow players to lower my settings down to the point of where EVERYTHING was on the lowest settings and still am getting "You should lower your graphics settings" box. I was on the outer edge of the Bronze league.

Release: All low settings, game lags but it's playable but isn't necessarily enjoyable. The game's supposed to get better throughout development, not worse right? Blizzard, please get your act together on the Mac issue. It shouldn't be like this.

• Make sure you are using your 9600M GT graphics if you have it

• If you have a 15” or 17” MacBook Pro , you should look in System Preferences>Energy Saver and select “Higher Performance”

I have a question about this: I have a MacBook Pro 15" from August 2009, and I don't have this option setting. Should I have it?
    Blizzard Employee

• Make sure you are using your 9600M GT graphics if you have it

• If you have a 15” or 17” MacBook Pro , you should look in System Preferences>Energy Saver and select “Higher Performance”

I have a question about this: I have a MacBook Pro 15" from August 2009, and I don't have this option setting. Should I have it?

I think the lower end 15" only had the 9400M.
    Got the same problem with my Mac Pro 3,1. Thanks for the tip about going to window mode and going back out. It does help but only until for a little while.

Hope this gets solve soon. It's totally ruining the single player experience.

I run a 15" MacPro (Late 2008), 4GB RAM, 9600M GT, 10.6.4 pushing a 24" ACD. Also have a cooling pad, and fans set to 6200 RPM w/ smcFanControl.

Almost all graphic settings are set to low, and I can play for about 10-15 minutes at a time before the laptop overheats and goes into sleep mode.

Blizzard, we expected a LOT more from you than this. Generally you have delivered too, but this is an abysmal mess.

i have basically the same laptop.. i am running on medium with no over heat issues... i do get the ocasional notice i am slowing others down.. but i think thats also due to running skype in the background since in game voice is broken.
    Try adjusting the video settings for in game cut scene and cinematics.
    Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
    Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
    Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 2
    Total Number Of Cores: 8
    L2 Cache (per processor): 12 MB
    Memory: 8 GB

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
    Type: GPU
    Bus: PCIe
    Slot: Slot-1
    PCIe Lane Width: x16
    VRAM (Total): 512 MB
    Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Everything works brilliantly I can get good FPS on high until -- cut scene. Once it goes to a cut scene everything bogs down and it's unplayable. If I exit and relaunch everything is fine, cut scene is perfect, next level is perfect. Next cut scene comes -- gotta restart again.

Changing resolutions works for me and the FPS comes back usually I go back and forth between 1600x1000 & 1920x1200 though this is not something acceptable and I hope it will get fixed within the next patch.
    Edited by Sporak on 7/29/2010 12:24 AM PDT
    That's weird, I'm playing on an Intel GMA X3100 and it runs fine
    I can confirm this exact same behavior. Cut scened is super sluggish after any gameplay. Reboot of the application fixes everything until more gameplay.

Mac Pro 3,1
    2.8 Ghz
    8 cores
    10 GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX 285
    Running at 2560x1600 on 30" display in Windowed Fullscreen so I can view my second monitor while playing.
    +1 to all the above.

MBP 4,1
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
    GeForce 8600M GT 256 MB VRAM

Just upgraded to 4 GB RAM today to try and address the issue, no joy. Starts ok, then trails off.
    Actual resolution of screen is 1440x900, can't use it. See same story everyone else is telling.

Very very frustrating. Was looking forward to finally being able to run some programs in something other than super low mode when I got my MBP. :(
    Similar problems here too. One game/cutscene will run brilliantly, then suddenly a huge performance drop and messages pop up telling me to lower settings. Matches what those above have said regarding the combination of the 8800 and OSX 10.6.4

I noticed that if I changed the resolution, then changed it back (1920x1200) the performance issues vanished-- at least until the next scene...

Model Name: Mac Pro
    Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
    Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
    Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 2
    Total Number Of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
    Memory: 9 GB
    Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
    Resolution: 1920 x 1200

Frustrating! That being said, amazing game when it works. I'm blown away.
    And now I've also experienced extremely sluggish gameplay after a cutscene which ran just after launching the app. I have not run the application much, so this has been the sum total of my experience.
    I have a Macbook pro 13 with Nvidia Ion Geforce 320m. Everytime I go into a load screen the game crashes. So far they have no work around for this issue. Let's keep our fingers crossed that they will have it fixed ASAP.
    I first found it unplayable on the MacBook Air, but at the time I was using a USB headset. The mentioned item about the 9400M having a performance loss with USB headsets made a huge difference in my case...

While its not exactly really fast with the USB headset removed, I so far have been able to play the game. Though I'm only a few campaigns in, so I don't know if this will continue to be the case...

That said, I'm wondering how much of a difference downgrading to 10.6.3 might make (if any) on the MacBook Air...
    My specs are almost identical to Lasterax, except 10 gig ram.

i.e., dual quad core xeon 2.8 ghz,
    L2 cache 12mb
    Ram 10 Gig
    bus speed 1.6 ghz
    Nvidia GeForce 8800GT
    lane width x16
    512 mb on board

Same problem - terrible frame rate and lag after cut scenes and cinematics. tried updates and what not. Lowered video setting to medium or lower, but doesn't matter. cut scene cinematics case it to bottom out and it doesn't recover unless I close out and start over.

Memory bleed issue? processor thread via the cinematics?

Any help appreciated
    Edited by Racheus on 7/30/2010 5:06 PM PDT
    Well, all I can say is that at least all of you can play. Picked up a new 27" iMac not too long ago and can't even get it to play. I get into the game, play for a minute or two and it crashes and then total system lock.

Intel core i7, 2.8GHz
    4GB Ram (been planing to upgrade, but can't see that being the prob)
    ATI Radeon HD 4850

No issues with frame rate or anything... but I wouldn't expect issues after only running for a couple minutes...
    I had it running on a MacBook Pro 2.33 ghz w/ 2MB RAM. It worked with low graphics setting. Played several game on battle.net. Then while playing campaign, I saved a game. Then when I came back it would boot then hang at the connect menu then crash. I have not been able to get it running again. I have deleted the game, then reinstalled the game. Now, I get a message saying it needs a patch, but can't get the patch. Anyone, know WTF is the problem?
    My new MBP 15'' i7 crashes whenever i try to watch the news on the TV in the bar. And now i just finished a mission that has a news right after it... I'm stuck...
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]