SC2 Mac Known Issues

(Locked)

Has anyone else who has posted in this thread noticed that there has literally been one response from blizzard in the thread and it didnt even address the issue presented it just stated that one type of mac book probably didnt have a certain graphics setting....Blizzard really
I'm on an MacBook Pro Core i7 and had everything go black on me about 2 hours in.

Also, I hit a bunch of commands and got it to exit. Now when I play, I can't ctrl+1-4 anymore. It either won't work or it will take me to space 2, 3, or 4 on my mac -- I have spaces enabled. I even have that disable OS key commands setting checked. I've restored hotkeys and gameplay w/o much success.
I would really like to figure out how to play offline because I don't always have internet please help.
Occasionally, I'll get out of a custom game and then not be able to click the look for game button or the single player button - essentially locked out of play. I relaunch the game and it's corrected. Might want to check that out.
Been using mac for years. Never an big issues. Installed SC2 on release date. Runs fine on MBPro with 2.4 ghz duo, 4GB ddr3, nvidia 320m, pretty much the newest one. Anyway, I wrote earlier that it never crashed, and right after it started to crash every time I am about to enter a mach. Did a disk permission check and found hundreds of errors, all in airport. Possibly this is the source of issues? I'll know eventually.
Good to see the thread again!

Happily saw Blizzard declares the "Graphic slowdownwith 10.6.4 & Nvidia issue" as well. This mean we can wait for some fix to better performance as well the random crash.

Hopefully.
No user interface/menus

When you log into the game you will see the spaceship, but there is no place to enter your Battle.net information.Rebooting your system will resolve this issue.

It may already be known, but I narrowed down the number of days of uptime it takes to run into this issue. Last night at 24 days uptime (and I played it from 24 days 6 hours until about 24 days 9 hours), the game worked fine.
Today with "up 25 days, 7:34" I get the mentioned problem of no login screen.
Kinda wish I could have checked it while I was at work to see if it was exactly on the 25th day roll-over.

While not a huge issue, I can't wait until this is fixed, I'm not used to rebooting this frequently...
I have same performance issue where when the game hits a cut scene, all game play after is terribly slow. I did find if you minimize the window then go back into full screen, the performance returns. Blizzard, I wasn't aware I bought a beta, but I'm happy to be playing. Please fix soon!

I have a 2.8 Ghz quad core (1 processor) mac pro with Nvidia 8800 GT, 512 Megs Ram, 6 gig ram running 10.6.4.

Check the Mac Performance Guide sticky for suggestions for your system, at least until 10.6.5 comes out that should fix the issue.

On my MacPro with GeForce 8800 I had to drop several settings, now I don't get the major slow-down in cutscenes (or in some games)
Has anyone else who has posted in this thread noticed that there has literally been one response from blizzard in the thread and it didnt even address the issue presented it just stated that one type of mac book probably didnt have a certain graphics setting....Blizzard really

Yeah, I noticed.

Everyone once in a while an individual blue post will be exactly what it needs to be: helpful, direct, and in response to an SC2 user's concerns.

Additionally, every once in a while there seems to be a burst of blue activity, which seems to result in an increase in helpful responses by the blues.

Most of the time? The blues post stuff they are instructed to, respond to questions about Kerrigan's stiletto heels, give cryptic responses, or generally remain silent.

Sad. :(
I'm not exacly sure of the specific of my bug. I will try to have more info soon, but often in game (it seems to happen anytime in game), my computer freeze and I'm having my display with white and black strip flashing like a strob. The only thing I can move is my cursor and I still hear the sound. I think it my only occur when I play in windowed mode, tho I'm not yet sure. I need to force reboot my computer and I really don't like that.

Thanks for helping fix this!

Hardware Overview:
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac9,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

System Software Overview:
System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.4 (10F569)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 130:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 130
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x062e
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 3370
Displays:
iMac:
Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:
Edited by AvantGarde on 8/15/2010 1:53 PM PDT
Running 2010 MBP 13". Computer is not even 3 mos. old. SC2 has brought down my entire system (not just the game) on multiple occasions over maybe 2 hours of (attempted) game play. After 4 tries I can't get past the cantina scene after the colonist mission without a full system meltdown. Sure, Apple's driver issues are at fault, but 10.6.4 was released over two months ago. There is no way Blizzard should have released such a buggy game. This is pretty shameful and they have a lot of egg on their face for asking money for an unusable product.
I have not updated to snow-leopard, yea I know im old school like that lol, but I have not had any major problems other than the crappy graphics card. I am still running leopard with a unibody macbook pro, the first ones that came out.
I'm playing on my macbook pro 15 inch with nvidia 330m and 4gb of ram, intel core i7. There is absolutely no problem. All my settings are set to high and even when a cut scene starts there's no problem. So when the updates will get out will I be able to run everything on ultra...?
Apple Released a Snow Leopard Graphics Update

The Snow Leopard Graphics Update contains stability and performance fixes for graphics applications and games, including fixes that:

• Address frame rate issues occurring in Portal and Team Fortress 2 on certain Macs

• Resolve an issue that could cause Aperture 3 or StarCraft II to unexpectedly quit or become unresponsive

• You can download it here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1083

I haven't tested it yet, but hopefully it resolves the the issue with the game becoming unresponsive when switching between cutscenes/levels.
    StarCraft II
    Mac Known Issues

• No user interface/menus

• When you log into the game you will see the spaceship, but there is no place to enter your Battle.net information.Rebooting your system will resolve this issue.

That's not true. Whenever this happens I restart the game, then the computer. It resolves itself at random, after I've already restarted the game and computer multiple times. This seems like the easiest fix, but it's still a problem.
    Everything works brilliantly I can get good FPS on high until -- cut scene. Once it goes to a cut scene everything bogs down and it's unplayable. If I exit and relaunch everything is fine, cut scene is perfect, next level is perfect. Next cut scene comes -- gotta restart again.

Having this issue too and it is pissing me off because i have to reboot the game after every mission and it is just getting annoying
    My two cents.

My guess is that we're waiting for fixes/updates from NVIDIA, Apple, and Blizzard to resolve these Mac specific issues. These fixes must be orchestrated in design/debug/release across those three independent companies, never an easy plan to execute flawlessly. We'll probably have to wait for 2-3 release cycles from each company to get to parity of the [current] Windows performance. I would set expectations accordingly. Low, that is.

I've worked in companies that develop HW/SW products requiring lots of integration testing and configuration management. The kind of issues we are seeing on the Mac side result from a test strategy that doesn't focus at the user level, but more at the module and unit test level IMHO. However, Since these issues are so egregious I'd wager that these are known issues, but Blizzard's been unable to get attention on them until release and a larger public reaction to force NVIDIA and Apple into action. It's just very sad that this is what's required to get those two off their butts.

Sad, but hey, are any of us really that surprised ?

Blizzard - keep making great games and I'll keep buying them. ...although next time I'll wait until a bit longer after release !

Cheers.
    perphaps we all should go to apple forums and nvidia as well and keep posting CONSTANTLY not spamming but constantly so they keep on getting some kind of pressure..Thats what comes to my mind , like the only way we can actually do something or keep calling idk..it is very sad since its a huge franchise and yeah we all get there are issues no one can "prevent" but there are some major ones with us, mac users. As Bactine said, bllizzard your games are always great but next time we should wait a bit till buying it : P.
    Overall graphical slowdown if you are using a NVIDIA graphics card and Mac OS X 10.6.4

Your framerate may drop down to a very low number (single digits) when leaving/starting a game (can occur at other times as well less frequently). Unfortunately the only way to resolve this issue is to restart your game. We are working with both NVIDIA and Apple to resolve this issue for a future update.

I have found that if you hit Command+M to go to windowed and then Command+M to go back to fullscreen it resolves the leaving/starting frame rate issue.

But it still needs to be fixed. =P
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]