SC2 Mac Known Issues

(Locked)

Over a month after launch, and game still crashes on my iMac running 10.6.4 and NVIDIA 8800 card. Still waiting for fix. The blues posted that the issue was known back in July, c'mon Blizz!
Apple has released a graphics patch for the latest build of Leopard via Apple Update to fix the random crashing. Haven't tried it out yet.

It probably will still run better on Windows 7 via Bootcamp.

Remember folks, its more an OSX and/or a Nvidia Driver issue than a "Blizzard PLZ Patch!!!1!" one. I get fantastic performance on my Bootcamp partition.
Edited by CamCo on 8/29/2010 8:19 PM PDT
Okay... my uptime as of this morning is 25 days and i'm not getting a login screen. Hasn't this been fixed yet ?
Alrite guys, I just got my first macbook. The specs on it are a 13', 2.4 ghz, 2gb memory, and a integrated X3100 graphics card with 144mb video max out thingy. Well i downloaded the game and it was just super slow. All i do is play 1v1 or 2v2 online so if someone could help me out how to improve gameplay or am i just out of luck with starcraft 2 on my new macbook?
Blackmamba, check out Frosts sticky thread on graphics settings. Also make sure your OS is up to date via apple software update.
Running SC2 native on my 27" iMac i5 and I keep getting dropped playing Mercy TD. I talked to a few other players and it seems as though the people getting dropped most often are mac users. What's up with that? I've got the latest software, graphics card, ect so why are the mac users getting dropped?
I'm astonished !!! O.o Wasn't Mac OS X Snow Leopard (SL) supposed to be very stable, lighter, etc. than Windows? So why does this game run better on Windows Vista than on Snow Leopard?
I have a MacBook Pro 13" 4GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.26GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB. Since July I've been playing on SL and when I even pretend to play on Medium graphics, the game starts to freeze so I always play on LOW. But yesterday I decided to install Windows Vista through BootCamp and play on Vista, my surprise was that the graphics recommendations have change to Medium, I played a few games and the performance was waaay better than on SL. How can it be? How can this game run smoother and better on windows than on Snow Leopard??? This is so Imba ...lol...Is this issue going to have a solution any soon?
Thank you in advanced.

Oh yeah by the way... the Disable system keys or something like that doesn't work on mac, I checked that option and I still can control volume and brightness through the F keys and when I want to select idle workers I have to Fn + F1.
And Razer Orochi macros don't work neither.

Thanks.!
i have a macbook white (2010) model)

i have so much lag issue

even though it suggest medium

i set it on low always so i can play well

i have 2Gb ram
320m nvidia(as all the macbooks have it today)
2.4 GHz

please fix this if you can blizzard

im on 10.6.6..still no improvement
Edited by Kuechi on 2/8/2011 6:50 AM PST
02/08/2011 1:06 AMPosted by CrackerBlue
the Disable system keys or something like that doesn't work on mac, I checked that option and I still can control volume and brightness through the F keys and when I want to select idle workers I have to Fn + F1.

That’s because the function keys on those keyboards don’t actually register as keys without the fn key. You can change this by a setting in your Keyboard system preferences.
02/08/2011 10:02 AMPosted by Frungi
That’s because the function keys on those keyboards don’t actually register as keys without the fn key. You can change this by a setting in your Keyboard system preferences.
Well that's actually what I've been doing all this time :\. But now I will play on Windows 7 (improved Graphics) until blizzard/mac/nvidia fix this issue. :)
Im having problems with patching. The patch does download but it seems that it is not automatically applied for some reason. After starting the game and when I attempt to play online, it tells me I have to update to the latest version. Any way to solve this?

I have a Macbook Pro running OSX 10.6.6
Ditto.

Running a Macbook Pro OSX 10.6.6 too.
Same, I made a thread.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2089272379
Blizzard Employee
Should be fixed, but I am locking this thread since this is a very old thread, and any new issues should be put into a new thread for tracking. Thanks guys!
Blizzard Blues don't /dance, we /boogie.
My name is TonyM but you can call me Tony Mac, no seriously, they call me that..
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]