StarCraft® II

Mouse freezes after restarting SC2

Hi, I installed Starcraft 2 this morning and have been playing through out the day.

I recently took a break, closed Starcraft 2, and then started it again later. After I started it, I began experiencing my mouse 'freezing.' That is, I move the mouse, but the pointer's position doesn't update for roughly 1 second (the time it stays in the same place seems to be constant), and then suddenly it jumps to where it should be.

This occurs regardless of whether Starcraft 2 is open. It didn't begin happening until I restarted my game. I've tried restarting my computer, replugging my mouse (it's a generic PnP Dell mouse), and trying a different mouse (same model). The problem still occurs.

Any ideas on how to fix it? The game is pretty much unplayable, with my pointer freezing every minute or so.
Edited by Yen on 7/27/2010 6:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Another note, posted as a reply since editting seems to create a new topic(?)...

dxdiag says both of my mouses are fine. I'm not sure what more to look for.
Reply Quote
Mine is doing something similar. The cursor is freezing in one position, but I can still select stuff with an invisible mouse. I can't figure it out either.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can you try this, rebelyell?

'Look at flesh. See only potential. Strands, sequences, twisting, separating, joining. See how it could be better. Eat flesh, splinter bone. Inside me, can touch it. Weave it. Spin it... Make it great.'

Rate me! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Velnrak
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]