StarCraft® II

Graphics lag on medium/low settings

My computer meets the recommended requirements except for the XP/Vista (proud XP user).
I have pentium 4 3.00 ghz, 2gigs RAM, an ATI HD4650 1gig graphics. My computer is 5 years old but every other game I have run on full graphical settings without lag (Bioshock, fallout 3...)
Reply Quote

MY computer is having a slump with this game as well. My computer is top of the line.
Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor
Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Gaming graphics 2431 MB Total available graphics memory
Primary hard disk 536GB Free (596GB Total)
I get about 30 fps to 70. Cut scenes I get 512 fps.
Edited by Xyloid on 7/27/2010 6:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1 Ghz
4gb of ram
Nvidia GT 220m 1 gb

I feel like I should be getting better performance out of this game with these specs. I can run most other games on high settings and still average decent fps. Heroes of Newerth can have hundreds of units on the screen and I can run that on high and still get 50-60 fps. I think it may be that Blizzard needs to optimize the game a bit more.
Reply Quote

That is just sad, I built this computer for gaming and I cannot even play "A GAME." I just hope blizzard will look all what is happening and just "optimize." I just hope they follow through; sixty dollars for a computer game is expensive, do not want the game to go to waste.
Reply Quote
Fail!!,
game runs great when im playing the game its only when the movie/video scenes come up where the screen either turns black or video graphics are destorted game still runs and audio is there. not sure what this means or if its related to everyone elses issues! which i wasnt expecting from Blizzard!!

and hardware- the computer is a brand new gamer laptop Intel core2 duo 2.53gHz, 4 gb ram, Nvidia Geforce GTX 260M, 64bit windows 7 ran Aion, warcraft, BF2 perfectly no issues there.

Reply Quote
Im also getting the same issues. During phase 1 and 2 I played this game great (beta), but for some reason now that I have retail (dropped the 100 for collectors) the game is running insanely slow.

The error I'm getting is that I'm running low on page pool memory, even though thats not the case. I'm running windows on bare services and monitoring my page pool (capped at 5gb) and have noticed nothing of great value. Also, my cpu is only at time 75% being used and my memory at 60%

Windows XP Media Center Edition SP3
Pentium D 2.66ghz (overclocked to 3.2 atm)
Memory 3326mb (4gb installed)
Ati Radeon x1950 Pro
Page File 5236Mb

Like I said I have had no prob running this game in beta on high. But for some reason the retail is like 3 steps backward from beta. Hope blue gets a fix soon.
Reply Quote
I am also having the same issue. Did great in the first phase of the beta but the second phase and retail lag the living hell out of my machine. Campaign missions are taking upwards of 10 minutes to load, I get in game and it's complete choppy and all my hardware is well above the recommended specs. I've even dropped my settings from high to low and there was no change in the performance quality.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]