StarCraft® II

The Art of Terran Macro

(Sticky)

This post has finally told me what's with my problem during mid game.. i used to get rolled over banelings + zerglings in zerg or stalkers + collossus in protoss. And i always tot that the problem was my micro and the handling of my siege tanks.

But after reading this guide, i finally understands that the problem is not my micro or what i build to counter the opponent, it was actually my macro, and the ability to replenish my army after a big battle.

I tested this in my game right after i read it... i had 3 expansions and 4th coming on, 8 barracks with a big game plan of marines backup by 2 factories building tanks. And i won easily vs zerg that had a ton of banelings(which i hate most). Yeah my marines died but i just kept coming back. :)
Reply Quote
good stuff
Reply Quote
I really want to thank you for this man. I was absolutely horrible at Macro before this, but since i've read this I've gone 8-1 in 1v1.

Yes I know I'm a bronzie who never plays, but thanks!
Reply Quote
it only takes 22-24 workers to saturated the minerals line.
6 for gas and 2 for each mineral crystal.

6 for gas
normally there are 8 mineral crystal X 2 = 16
total 22

get extra 2 for building stuffs total = 24
Reply Quote
Posted by lSKYl
it only takes 22-24 workers to saturated the minerals line.

6 for gas and 2 for each mineral crystal.

6 for gas

normally there are 8 mineral crystal X 2 = 16

total 22

get extra 2 for building stuffs total = 24

I'll agree with this to a point. Full saturation is probably a bit higher, but you'll get what you need with at least 2 on each. I'd keep building them so you can transfer though.

Posted by heavymatter
Here, I made a much more practical guide to the "art" of Terran micro

1. Build OC

2. Drop MULEs

3. Build more OCs with inevitable surplus

4. Faceroll opponent

its poetry in motion

Lol...I wish
Reply Quote
And to all your lower leagues, I'm glad to hear you say this is helping you out. Because you're the guys I wrote it for

Keep on pwning! Still up for answering questions you might have about specific things.
Edited by WinterBorn on 12/24/2010 6:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
And of course you edit it out before I can post it. Glad you caught it though. =)
Edited by Depression on 12/24/2010 10:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
Macro is the very start of getting good, once you have that you work on timing for pushes with terran. Once you get a really good push with terran they are so extremly hard to stop. Im trying to make a 2-1 push vs protoss using mech of course modified to counter immortals and rays.
Reply Quote
There is no art to terran macro. You just get an OC, make whatever you want, and attack-move. As long as the other person is less than 4 times your skill level, you'll beat him every time. Terran's ability to outproduce the other two races makes up for their units being able to counter everything

Maybe thats why you aren't in diamond 1v1 yet.

Try something new, instead of garbage 1 base all in builds that you probably do. If you have nothing constructive to say, then get the hell out. It's people like you who give SC2 forums a bad reputation. Honestly, what are you trying to get at with your post? Do you know how stupid you sound? "get an OC, make whatever you want, and attack-move" I don't care if your trolling, I just want YOU to know that your bad, learn to play, or gtfo.

As for WinterBorn, keep it up buddy, great post. Lets hope your words can transition onto the playing field and get you into 2000+
Edited by JasonX on 12/25/2010 4:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
Holy mother of mercy! That is long!!!
Reply Quote
Ill like for the effort;only, I simply hate the terran due to those annoying ass banshees in team games, THOR IZ HEAR !!
Reply Quote
Posted by JasonX

As for WinterBorn, keep it up buddy, great post. Lets hope your words can transition onto the playing field and get you into 2000+

Yea man I feel I can move it on up there, I'm just probably gonna wait for the new season before I start 1v1'ing hardcore. It'll just get reset
Reply Quote
12/24/2010 11:18 PMPosted by Shard
There is no art to terran macro. You just get an OC, make whatever you want, and attack-move. As long as the other person is less than 4 times your skill level, you'll beat him every time. Terran's ability to outproduce the other two races makes up for their units being able to counter everything.

If there is no art to Terran macro, there is no art to Toss macro.
Reply Quote
Wow, thanks a bunch for this. Read it 3x already... With a bit of luck, I suppose it'll help get this n00b outta the bronze leagues O.o. And Merry Christmas!
Reply Quote
thank yah for making this and wow that must have took forever to make the macro part will help me i always thought a FE was before the 7 min mark... i think i have to improve on my 2rax FE now
Reply Quote
Wall of text crits for 9999 damage; however, very in-depth. Thumbs up.
Reply Quote
I very much liked the read even though i am currently a toss player. This will deffinently help me with what i can make and what my opponents can. Very nice post
Reply Quote
Here I will summarize this post:

1. Don't stop building scvs until you have saturated all your expos.

2. Don't let your min/gas go over 400.

3. Build depots ahead of time.

4. Build army units.

5. Take expansions when your in the lead, attacked, or have extra minerals.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]