StarCraft® II

help low level terran players here

I have been noticing me and a lot of bronze-gold(includeing me) people posting and asking for help.. i thought it might be a good idea to have a designated area for this it would help all us low level Terran/random with our game play.
it would be nice just for us and it would keep the forums less cluttered. so i decided to make this thread.
Note: i am not saying i will be giving the advice im hopeing diamond players will glance here in pity of us low leveled players.
on another note please no BM, please include replays, try not to insult people to the best of your ability...
thank you for your help from all bronze-gold players
I'll be down for keeping an eye on this thread
o yah i forgot to include what many people don't know were u can upload and replays for people to see from
http://www.sc2replayed.com/
is one of the many sights you can do so from i think thats everything haha fail on my part
i must have named it wrong darn + im bronze so everyone wont use this... darnz maybe i should post a few replays to be the first one
yo sniperwd i could help you out. We could play some games together?
12/29/2010 9:34 PMPosted by UnicornJedi
yo sniperwd i could help you out. We could play some games together?

cool add me SniperwD #888
mmm delicious you wanna play right now?
sure ill get on bro
If you want any of us diamond ritzy ballers, show us some replays. Show us your calliber. We'll then tell you what you can do to improve.
all i want to know is does people overexagrate the use of ghosts vs toss? Do you so called top diamond ritzy ballers use ghosts against toss?
12/29/2010 11:12 PMPosted by CruxisPal
all i want to know is does people overexagrate the use of ghosts vs toss? Do you so called top diamond ritzy ballers use ghosts against toss?

I dont. I go 1/1/1 into banshees against toss
when i play as protoss I do 1/1/1 build and hide my cybernectics core, forge, a probe, and stargate in a corner. I defend against the rush using a zealot and proton cannon. Then I upgrade shields, upgrade air weapons, and use all chrono boost on air upgrades. Right before the next attack comes in I should have 4 voids. with 2 shield, 1 air weapon, and 1 air armor, with flux vanes. With the probe hiding in a corner I build a nexus on the high yield so the opponent won't know where my base is. When my voids arrive at the opponents base i take out all anti air units then the engineering bay (evolution chamber whatever) Then I win or I don't
12/30/2010 11:06 AMPosted by UnicornJedi
when i play as protoss I do 1/1/1 build and hide my cybernectics core, forge, a probe, and stargate in a corner. I defend against the rush using a zealot and proton cannon. Then I upgrade shields, upgrade air weapons, and use all chrono boost on air upgrades. Right before the next attack comes in I should have 4 voids. with 2 shield, 1 air weapon, and 1 air armor, with flux vanes. With the probe hiding in a corner I build a nexus on the high yield so the opponent won't know where my base is. When my voids arrive at the opponents base i take out all anti air units then the engineering bay (evolution chamber whatever) Then I win or I don't

And this is an example of why you guys in the lower league need to learn build orders and timings of your opponents. If I scanned you and saw only one gate, and no cyber core, I'd know something was up, and I'd prepare for something like stargate or robo play.

I've scanned a base at about 6 minutes and saw only two gates, and knew he had either expanded or went hidden tech. Turns out it was voids. Prepare for the unexpected in your games and you'll never be surprised
Bro, it took me a long time to learn too. I played all through the early days of the beta, all the way back to mid may. Never played an RTS online. but I liked it. I got dominated so many times, by so much stuff, until I learned how to defend it, mainly by doing it to others til it got countered.

All throughout my gaming there have been little moments I refer to as light-bulbs going off. Learning to put more SCV's on a mineral patch. Learning to stop 1 base pushing and start macro. Learning to kite. All of them took my game to the next level.

Keep trying. Yes, you will lose. Yes, it will be a long learning process. But if you want to keep trying, let me know. I'll 1v1 you, I can get you access to my teamspeak server and we'll go over the replay, and I'll teach you some of the basics of Terran theory craft, and that will help you more then simple build orders.
I'm gold and have some bronze-silver friends if anyone wants to game with us and try to practice send me a msg if u see me on. Roberino 322
WinterBorn 921. I'll be on during the late mornings or during the afternoons EST.

Message me and if I'm not busy I'll be glad to play a few games to show Diamond level play, and to help you practice as needed
hi, i'm a low level Terran player, if that will qualify me to post some replays here: TvZ and TvP.

WinterBorn, thanks a lot, I tried your Macro Strategy and won 8 games and lost 2 yesterday, thus the 2 games follows:

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/123637-1v1-terran-zerg-steppes-of-war

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/123639-1v1-terran-protoss-steppes-of-war

I think 2nd game was a huge Toss cheese, I could almost averted his carriers, maybe I microed a little bit better.
hi, if anyone can add me, I'm duckTemplar #365 (easy enough!) I'm usually on late night and early morning. EST.

I'm currently rank#14 in Bronze League & division
Yeah i like helping new players u can ask me questions or we can play sometime #297
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]