StarCraft® II

Running on 2 computers with one CD-key?

I'm wondering if I'll be able to play on LAN if I install the game on 2 computers. I realize that we won't be able to play online, since there's only one B.net account, but can one person play as a guest so we can do 2v2 vs. computers, or 1v1, etc.
Reply Quote
no lan buddy
Reply Quote
...really? That's disappointing, considering there are many much older games that have LAN.

Is it possible to play online custom games as a guest?
Reply Quote
...really? That's disappointing, considering there are many much older games that have LAN.

This has been at the top of problems players have complained about since it's announcement. Sucks! But i guess piracy has finally done us all in.

Is it possible to play online custom games as a guest?

As a guest you are only allowed singleplayer content. So no.

You have to buy another copy of the game, then BOTH of you log onto B.net, then start a game.

another $60 is your only solution.
Edited by NoSpoon on 7/27/2010 10:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This is unfortunately an issue that's been debated for over a year, I'm afraid. Due to piracy concerns it was deemed a feature to be cut. Blizzard instead has done a lot to make the content available worth this extra hardship. I hope things work out for you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]