StarCraft® II

Offline Play

New patch has broken the offline and guests accounts.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/540954727
Reply Quote
See, once or twice, I have had the ability to play offline, it gives me the message that the internet connection is down, and lets me play.
Reply Quote
Yes it will let you play once you have logged on to their server. Try disabling your network and rebooting again, and see if you can play offline then. They are keeping the client in Volatile memory. I know the box said Internet connection required to play. However, they could have said that Single player required internet also. They didn't! That's what is so messed up about this. If I'm sure if they put that on the box they would have lost sales. I know I wouldn't have bought it if that was the case.
Reply Quote
Regardless whether OP has a internet connection for his country home or not, the real problem is that Blizzard has provided this offline mode for legit users who do not have CONSTANT or UNFILTERED access to the internet and it's not working.

I have tried to clear the ProgramData cache and recreate the offline fine but that doesn't do anything.

You don't have the internet at home? Not even a really cheap dialup?

It's 2010. The Internet is pretty much core to being a modern human.

what if you live on a ship? ships don't have internet, smart one. just sayin. ; )
Reply Quote
The box says internet connection required end of story.

It also says minimum 1 GB of ram but it doesn't say it needs 1 GB of ram at all times.

It says it on the box, if you bought the game and didn't read it then that's not blizzards fault.
theres no box if you got off their websight as a download... im disapointed i just payed 60$for a game ive been waiting for for YEARS and cant play it at home with no net connnection.... good job blizzard
Reply Quote
This is trash
I went on vacation and wanted to play as well, there is no internet connection here.

I can't play offline mode for single player??

Really ?

Fix this.
Reply Quote
Okay if I pay 60 bucks for a game that takes a decade to come out, I would like to be able to play it whenever the hell I want. I am busy and wouldn't mind playing a campaign while i'm on the go. Sometimes, my internet goes down or I'm traveling. Sometimes I may be gone for a week or more without constant internet access because I am at areas where 1) pay for hotel internet {hotel, conference building, wireless data plan from ATT}, 2) crappy internet connect 3) no internet at all. This game is a waste of space on my laptop at those points .
Reply Quote
I'm in the navy and i would really like to play starcraft while underway, you know serving my country and defending democracy!! When did blizzard go all communist.
Reply Quote
Yeah seriously....when the Army sends me to some little remote place, I finish or come off mission and actually am at a place with electricity....and I want to play...I would like to be able to... this garbage about not being able to play offline has got to stop... Blizzard you already have boat loads of problems with major graphics cards crashing while using your game, even in the BETA and you never bothered addressing this. Finally after 20+ pages of posts of the same thing from different people you begin to understand that you made a mistake. You took how long to make this game? Canceled Ghost....seriously get your garbage straight, pay attention to your consumers and do something intelligent for a change....
You get how much money a year and you cant do anything for a problem that has been out since beta?!?!? That's just lazy....
If you were one of my soldiers I would smoke you and give you some good old fashioned wall to wall counseling....
Reply Quote
I'm just here supporting all these people playing SC2 on their laptops. First I thought missing LAN was stupid, now I find out you cannot even enjoy your game during your 8h flight from US to Europe. I hope Blizzard realizes the discomfort created or that somebody cracks this soon, whichever way, I'm happy, I just want to play the game I bought at its full potential.

It seems Blizzard has never read Orwell's 1984... the more you try to control and constraint people, the more they will break the rules.
Reply Quote
This *#@* is still not working... why is it that people on this forum are so supportive of blizzard? It’s like they were born sycophants...

This problem is a major issue.
Reply Quote
If you were one of my soldiers I would smoke you and give you some good old fashioned wall to wall counseling....

Gotta agree with SGT Spectre here... internet in iraq/afganistan or where ever you happen to be is an extremely rare commodity. Internet for your own personal computer? Thats usually asking way to much.

sad days, i probably wont be able to play SC until i get back to the states... next year
at least i got some time in before i left : (

~front.... back.... go blizz~
Reply Quote
Concur, offline play needs to be fixed. Least of which is I have full time internet and it still will not allow play. I was really expecting a better product after waiting for about 12 years since the last one and all the articles about how they were really taking the time to get it right.
Reply Quote
I'm in the navy and i would really like to play starcraft while underway, you know serving my country and defending democracy!! When did blizzard go all communist.

Yeah seriously....when the Army sends me to some little remote place, I finish or come off mission and actually am at a place with electricity....and I want to play...I would like to be able to... this garbage about not being able to play offline has got to stop... Blizzard you already have boat loads of problems with major graphics cards crashing while using your game, even in the BETA and you never bothered addressing this. Finally after 20+ pages of posts of the same thing from different people you begin to understand that you made a mistake. You took how long to make this game? Canceled Ghost....seriously get your garbage straight, pay attention to your consumers and do something intelligent for a change....
You get how much money a year and you cant do anything for a problem that has been out since beta?!?!? That's just lazy....

God bless you guys. Thank you for defending our freedoms. I only hope you guys can come home soon. Also, finally people who really understand whats going on with blizzard. This is not about money its about control. As Muyadieb say's "When did blizzard go all communist". Probably when Rothschild, J.P Morgan got their hands in the gaming industry. That's when.
Reply Quote
Im confused because on my desktop i cant get it to work offline but on my laptop i just hit join as guest and i get right in without internet.
Reply Quote
Regardless whether OP has a internet connection for his country home or not, the real problem is that Blizzard has provided this offline mode for legit users who do not have CONSTANT or UNFILTERED access to the internet and it's not working.

I have tried to clear the ProgramData cache and recreate the offline fine but that doesn't do anything.

You don't have the internet at home? Not even a really cheap dialup?

It's 2010. The Internet is pretty much core to being a modern human.

what if you live on a ship? ships don't have internet, smart one. just sayin. ; )

exactly. what about those of us who are serving in the navy? how can we play this on a ship where there is no internet? let alone back in the states where we don't have immediate access to internet within our own rooms.
Reply Quote
Yet another Navy SC2 player here; I got it to work once (ONCE!) while at sea (laptop powered down and everything) but after that... well, I wouldn't be here if I didn't have a problem.

Yo Blizzard.... FIX THIS!
Reply Quote
I just found out about this not as advertised feature today when my internet went down. Can't get on the internet - oh well, guess I'll play some SC2. Oh, I have to log in again to play offline? For real? Believe me, I'll think twice and three times before buying another Blizzard product.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]