StarCraft® II

Offline Play

Thats what I do; but its irritating.
Reply Quote
Some to no conclusion. We are making noise so they can decide and fix the problems. Make a patch to eliminate Having to login to play offline with all features available.
Reply Quote
HAS ANYONE come to any sort of conclusion on this?
i find it entirely pointless to argue about something for this long and people are continuing to have the same problem.
now, i didnt read all 8 pages of comments but i think that if a conclusion was reached people should STOP COMMENTING so that other people who have this problem can read this and find the solution

Theres some solutions, problem is it involves shoddy methods. Funny this is the pirates are allowed to play, but paying customers have to put up with bull!#%@.

Hilarious.
Reply Quote
Wait... so to play offline Blizzard is saying we need to start pirating their software illegally?

I read 15-20 posts but I see nothing about how to play offline?
My cabin doesn't have Wi-Fi and playing the campaign offline would be nice.

What other games don't offer OFFLINE campaign play?
I need to make a list of games not to purchase in the future. -__-
Reply Quote
yup, they claim it is better with online features. well lets see, trying to get the vs ai achievement points that reqiures internet connection when im constantly getting "waiting for server" or the best feature yet, "you were dropped" by the great battlenet feature.Its just like apple, you need data plan for a iphone. jailbreak iphone is much funner, but blizz hasnt learned it or they are just like these corps, take as many pennys as you can from these people and say goodbye or say ill give you a bumper case for your iphone. hey if steve can get away with it why cant blizz? Put it this way, im in the medical field, either i simply give you the care what you health insurance can give, or i can push them to give you better overall health care instead of grief. back on the subject, pc gaming is really dying isnt it?
Reply Quote
Wait... so to play offline Blizzard is saying we need to start pirating their software illegally?

Funny isn't it? If you want a way to play offline, don't count on Blizzard. Like I said there are ways, but they involves shoddy methods from what I seen of them so far. The prior patch I was able to play offline, why take it away?

You have to be online to play offline is the most backwards ass logic I've ever seen

The whole joke of it is, the people who this was meant to prevent from playing, are the ones who actually are playing where some buying customers cant, in certain or all conditions. Its like a poorly written knock knock joke.
Reply Quote
Retracted out of respect to DistractionS. Though he seems to be lacking some.
Edited by Ghost on 9/6/2010 10:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey Ghost, are you slow in the head? I am upset that you post a reply without reading what we are saying.

Here let me sum it up for you.

We cannot play offline because starcraft 2 requires us to sign in with an internet connection, then sign off. BUT ONCE THE COMPUTER IS REBOOTED, WE CAN NO LONGER PLAY OFFLINE. MEANING WE HAVE TO SIGN IN ALL OVER AGAIN AND SIGN OFF TO PLAY OFFLINE MODE.

THUS OFFLINE MODE IS BROKEN.

GET IT?

YA?

what don't you get? eh?

So essentially, once the computer is rebooted, offline mode doesn't work.

Edited by DistractionS on 9/6/2010 9:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Doesn anybody here actually have a %!*@ing solution to the problem or what?
Reply Quote
I agree with the situation you have to be online to play off line go figure makes no sense. All I know is when I bought the game the first day it came out it was working like it should off line. You didnt need to be connected to the internet at all other then fist time account making.
After I created my account for the first time I didnt get the chance to really play the game so I Turned off my computer and disconnected my modem ( a safety precasuion I do every night ). I was able to play off line the next day with out my modem connected to the internet I did the whole campain this way over a period of 4-5 days. Then I decided to play online, there was a patch, ok no big deal happens all the time. I played online no problmes then shut down my computer and dicsonnected the modem again. I played the next day off line no problems did that a few more days. Then I played online again doing some mulitiplayer and there was another patch. Ever sense that 2nd patch I have not been able to just play Off line with out first connecting to the internet logging into sc2, loging off sc 2. disconnecting my modem and then play off line with out shutting down my computer. Once you shut off the computer you gotta repeat the process. I agree stupid to have to have a internet connection to play OFF LINE. Btw I might be wrong about the 2nd patch it might of been the 3rd.
Reply Quote
I'm voting on something happening on Tuesday. That's the nice thing about scheduled maintenance in WoW, you always know when to expect patches unless something earth-shattering happens in-game. If not this Tuesday, next Tuesday.

I do miss offline play though. :-D Even with the small problems, love the game Blizz, good work!
Reply Quote
Just to add my voice to the complaints here... I took my laptop for a long road-trip, so that when my wife was driving I could play the campaign... because of the same lame issues listed earlier in this post, it wouldn't let me access any of the campaign/offline content. LAME!!!!!!!

BLIZZARD PLEASE FIX THIS!
Reply Quote
I live where there is no internet...hauled my box to load the program then played "as guest" for
a couple hours when I got it home. Next day when trying the program told me to "download
client" to play offline...6.9 gigs worth! Sooooo....took it back down loadad all patches that came up, played for a while figuring that now it MUST let me play the campaign offline but no, sadly
no. Software pirates....I really hate you. The previous version (12 years ago) was one of the
least buggy and seamless games EVER. Good thing I upgraded to that GTX 460 and quad core
processor just so I could play Starcraft....gotta go, my tears are shorting out my keyboard.
Reply Quote
Yes it's really lame i have the same problem. The only solution i have found is log in once sumwere and authorize then when your done hibernate your computer. When u turn it back on u can still play. I am really disappointed tho about all this iv been with blizz a very long time and got almost all there games. I hope this gets fixed in a upcoming patch soon!
Reply Quote
PLEASE anyone that has an issue with playing offline, contact blizzard support directly and let them know we want to have the option of playing OUR GAME that we payed for (not cheap) whenever & wherever we want, maybe that way they will feel pressured to fix it, im assuming that most if not all that are trying to play offline thats all we want to do is is just simply PLAY
Edited by Felix on 9/7/2010 12:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
PLEASE anyone that has an issue with playing offline, contact blizzard support directly and let them know we want to have the option of playing OUR GAME that we payed for (not cheap) whenever & wherever we want, maybe that way they will feel pressured to fix it, im assuming that most if not all that are trying to play offline thats all we want to do is is just simply PLAY
Reply Quote
Okay well here is my problem. I am in the Navy and currently on deployment. I loaded this game in during my 2 free days in Bahrain. I spent the whole time there trying to get patches to download on a broadband connection that is used by like a thousand people so it took forever.
But anyhow my point is that i was able to play offline while out to sea for just over a week. And now its saying that offline play isn't authorized. I have absolutely no way of connecting my personal laptop to the internet when I am out to sea so i don't see what changed in the game for me to now not be able to play. Any suggestions.
Reply Quote
To blizzard SC2 Staff, Ill be glad to send in my SS, my fingerprint, my home address, and my medical creditials to satisfy your needs for me and others to play offline. That includes the map editor being offline too if that is ok? Or should i say forget going green and login, keep my PC on 24/7, logout to play offline and keep it on 24/7 just incase my so called reliable ISP or router goes down? Then again, maybe the think tanks staffs need to be replaced by less phobia team.
Reply Quote
I have had this game since it came out, still have yet to play it much because I dont have internet (using friends computer to type this) I want a damn refund or something!

I got like one game in when I first got the game.
Edited by Nemesis on 9/7/2010 6:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
here is an email that I just received from Blizzard Tech Support. Thought it help some out.

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding StarCraft II.

At this time, StarCraft II requires an active internet connection to play. This is stated in the System Requirements on the retail box, as well as our online System Requirements. Without an active internet connection, you will not be able to log in to Battle.net to authenticate your copy of StarCraft II.

The 'offline mode' currently only lasts until the computer is turned off, and then requires a fresh authentication. There are plans to review this, but there is no ETA on that.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you for your time,

Patrick C.
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]