StarCraft® II

Tosh or Nova?

Who should I help?
Reply Quote
I like Tosh better for the story but Nova is sexier so it does not matter much.
Reply Quote
The main difference is whether you get Ghosts or Spectres.

Ghosts can snipe (damage to single organic target) and EMP (area shield and energy drain).

Spectres can mind blast (area stun) and mind lash (massive damage to single target, but longer activation and higher cost than snipe).

I believe they also have different armory upgrades available. The spectres can be upgraded to cloak for no energy (so they can cloak permanently). I have no idea what Ghosts get because I chose Tosh.
Reply Quote
Pfffft, Tosh.
He joins your cause, you get spectre's stun, you can talk to him after the Zeratul missions for input.
Oh, and Nova was lying to you.

Tosh's mission is fun besides.
Reply Quote
I would pick Tosh... if it wern't for the Ghosts Oculer Implants upgrade. I just can't pass that one up! if you want a unit with 8 range and easier to use spells, get Ghosts and the Implants upgrade. you want a fast moving and attacking damage dealer, go with Spectres. If the Ghosts didn't have that upgrade, Tosh is the way to go. course this is my view. but I would go with Nova, just because of the Ghosts possible extreme range.
Reply Quote
if you go spectors then during the final mission you can have 10 or so specs almsot immediatly take out kerrign everytime she comes with mind lash...
Reply Quote
i like goats i meen gohst i meen goahsts, what ever, more but but tosh is a nice guy sort of
and his mission is so fun
Reply Quote
i like goats i meen gohst i meen goahsts, what ever, more but but tosh is a nice guy sort of
and his mission is so fun

You never heard of a backspace? It's not like writing in pen on a piece of paper....
Reply Quote
It really depends on what you are going to use them for and what canon missions you choose. I heard that Ghosts are better for the Air All In, and Spectres are better for the Nydus All In.
Reply Quote
07/08/2012 01:56 PMPosted by NinjaNoob
goats

i actually like goats more than i like ghosts rofl
Reply Quote
I picked Tosh

Remeber there are not just Spectres in that prison but free thinkers, revolutionarys, all sorts of people that would support the raiders

Besides I believe in second chances. For all we know Nova could of been lying.
Reply Quote
08/02/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Darkan
Besides I believe in second chances. For all we know Nova could of been lying.

Oh... most certainly.

Pick Tosh! (But try Nova's mission at least once, its fun)
Reply Quote
I really want to help tosh. But from everything i hear, Ghosts are best in the final level. (Even if specters have infinite cloak and a watered down psionic storm.)

If someone can give me a reason to use Specters over Ghosts (With snipe) In Brutal, please let me know.
Reply Quote
I didn't use either of them in the last level. I think Nova's mission is more fun, but in terms of story she's kind of a scumbag.
Reply Quote
08/04/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Laconic
I didn't use either of them in the last level. I think Nova's mission is more fun, but in terms of story she's kind of a scumbag.

Yea, she works for mengks.
Reply Quote
I originally chose ghosts... but after playing through I decided it really doesn't matter. Tosh has a better mission and I think Reynor would trust a merc over a mensk assassin any day!
Reply Quote
I really like Nova and her line from a story perspective. But I think Spectres are probably better than Ghosts.

Ghosts in the campaign mode actually do NOT have the EMP round. True story. This is kind of a deal-breaker for me. There are many missions where EMP would be very helpful, but it is unavailable. So the only special abilities for Ghosts are personal cloaking and nuke... both of which Spectres also have.... and snipe.

So if you think snipe is better than both psychic lash and mind blast combined, then by all means. But to me, its clear what the superior unit is. Spectres also get permanent cloaking in lieu of +range for Ghosts, which is a weaker ability.

I'd not reccommend Ghosts on the final mission even if you do have them, though Spectres can be very helpful. But it depends. I feel doing the preliminary mission Shatter the Sky leads to an easier final mission.... but its a final mission where Ghosts do not shine.

If you wanted to use Ghosts, you could do the tunnel mission and use the sniper round against the broodlords in the All In mission. Still, I'd say that is making things harder for yourself.

I've beaten campaign mode in Brutal, and gotten all of the campaign-specific mission achievements except for the Lost Viking arcade game.
Edited by awp on 8/4/2012 8:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I never use Ghosts or Spectres, so I usually just pick Tosh since picking him is canon. Also, Nova was lying.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]