StarCraft® II

Campaign Video Play Problem-pop out 2 desktop

Hi,
Not sure if anyone has the same problem. campaign game play runs well but every time during video play (conversation on deck, cinematic) it keeps jumping out to my desktop and jumping back into the game (happens multiple times during single video play).
it doesn't affect my gameplay (which is awesome) but it does annoy me as i really want to attention to the story!
Thanks everyone in advance for helping!
My PC spec:
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU
GeForce 9800GTX+
2GB of DDR2 RAMs
Windows 7 Pro
Edited by Chris on 7/28/2010 8:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I also am having this problem on my i7, 12gigs DDR3 RAM, Dual SLI Geforce 9800GTX+ on a x58 classified board. . .with win7 pro. . .gameplay is fine, but anytime a cinematic (either between missions or IN GAME cinematics such as mission updates and portrait dialogue) plays my comp locks up and switches to the desktop. Sometimes it does not recover from this and SC2 must be closed in task manager. A few times i've gotten memory dumps while playing this and the computer has blue screened. This makes it difficult to play the campaign and forces me to skip all the cinematics (which kinda defeats the point of the campaign to a degree).
So far, this is the buggiest game I've ever bought.
Since we have the same card I'm inclined to think that's the issue, anyone else with a Geforce 9800 GTX+ have this issue? Or more importantly, do you NOT have this issue? and if so, what are your video settings? So far no changes to the settings have resolved this for me.
Edited by SunnyPwno on 7/28/2010 8:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Try this:

There is a known frame rate bug that causes your computer to draw the screen too fast and crash the game.

Try adding/modifying the following lines in your Documents\StarCraft II Beta\variables.txt file:

frameratecapglue=30

frameratecap=60

Also posting in the tech support forums for technical problems is a good idea. Blizzard support teams are available there to help. Hope this helps!

Reply Quote
Also there is a known SLI issue:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/106470760

Reply Quote
I have seen couple posts talking about the SLI issue. However I am just using a single Galaxy 9800GTX+ so it is not the SLI issue to me.. will this solution still fix the problem? Anyone knows?

Again thanks everyone for helping!
Reply Quote
Try it and see if it works. If not take your issue up in the tech support forum.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]