StarCraft® II

It was good, just not good enough

I find myself somewhat disappointed after finishing the campaign. I don't know what I was expecting, but something just feels off about it. Anyone in a similar boat?

The gameplay is great, the visuals are awesome, the long-term potential is what I look forward to the most, but the story (at least the execution of it)... just didn't feel polished.

That Zeratul vs Kerrigan cinematic deserves a damn Emmy, though.
Reply Quote
well i think we felt the same way after just vanilla starcraft as well. Wait until the story is finished. We are suppose to feel "anxious" or whatever about the ending. Hence setting up epicness for the next two installments.
Reply Quote
im VERY disappointed that i didnt get to play as the zerg any in the SP or even see a lurker let alone use one.....atleast there are scourges but still man its trash
maybe cuz i just really like the zerg but i just think its weak......i hope it doesnt take 12 years for the next part

the game is absolutely amazing tho.....prob my 2nd fav game of all time....very well done and high quality, im just pissed about them splitting it all up and stuff sooooo weak.
Edited by Revelation on 7/28/2010 1:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i just wish it didnt end how it did.. although i admit it looked epic.. just left me feeling empty. jbut i cant wait for the possibilities that might unfold in the expansion.. and knowing blizzard, we will get something awesome.
Reply Quote
Well I feel like I want to continue the story.
And for that I have to wait over a year :(

I will say that I will be very disappointed if the next 2 games are simply events happening at the same time as WoL just in the perspective of the zerg and Toss, I really want to see the story continue.
Edited by Abirn on 7/28/2010 1:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think the campaign more than fulfilled it's job and wowed me several times over and gave me nerd chills. Having played through the entire first game and wanting to know what happens kept me going and I got exactly what I played for, and more. on top of that, the achievements can always keep be busy when I'm not playing multiplayer.
Reply Quote
@abirn

they better not do that, because that would just suck.lol
Reply Quote
*Spoiler alert*

ya they can't mirror for the zerg...that'd be freaking stupid, you all build up Kerrigan just to see her get her arse kicked back into human form lol. Ya that would suck indeed.
Reply Quote
Well I feel like I want to continue the story.
And for that I have to wait over a year :(

I will say that I will be very disappointed if the next 2 games are simply events happening at the same time as WoL just in the perspective of the zerg and Toss, I really want to see the story continue.

I sort of doubt that it will be that way. I mean, in starcraft 1 each campaign was just a continuation from the last campaign.. i imagine they'll do the same thing in this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]