StarCraft® II

Fps Drops below stable play

As i've noticed the old thread was closed for the fps gathering data thread so blizzard tech must of given up on the subject anyone out there finding out anyhting on there own was looking forward to it just being a bug that was fixable

If anyone can help let me know ill post my specs normal fps is 60-72 bad is 10 below.

Vie-
Reply Quote
ystem Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/3/2010, 04:18:47
Machine name: -JOE-
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100608-0458)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
System Model: GC674AA-ABA m8120n
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 3070MB RAM
Page File: 2803MB used, 3537MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9800 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0605&SUBSYS_0606196E&REV_A2
Display Memory: 2286 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1007 MB
Shared Memory: 1279 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
Driver Version: 8.17.0012.6099 (English)
DDI Version: 10
BGRA Supported: Yes
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 10023528 bytes

Here are my specs no changes since i check'd it last.
Reply Quote
http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

check your temperatures while playing
Reply Quote
I think there high what should it be?
Reply Quote
I was just wondering if there is anything i can try or any soultions out there im sure its sto high if you can give more detail on what im dowanloading im not very computer smart.
Reply Quote
speedfan will check all your temperatures and it has a bunch of features you don't necessarily need, it'll let you control your fan speeds as well if you don't have manual control over that.

If you have anything above 80 degrees C on full load (like when playing) then thats bad and you need to blow out your system with some compressed air and check for any non running fans
Reply Quote
ok so i downloaed it what i am looking for ? i see temps for my gpu and a little fire thingy whats next?
Reply Quote
and my fans are clean and both fans run
and i have temps above 80
Reply Quote
i mean like i said i dont really know what im looking at and its getting more and more hard to play a game that i'd know i like if it ran properly
Reply Quote
Do you know how to configure your fan speed?
If so, make sure to set it to 100% and make sure the temp stays lower.
Reply Quote
i dont know how.

i think i figured it out how to set the fans to 100%
i went to configure he options and check'd the box that said "Set fan speed to 100% on program exit"
Edited by VieathanJS on 1/4/2011 8:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
What software are you using to control your fan speed?

If your nvidia is EVGA brand, EVGA provides overclock and fan control utility for the graphics card.

RivaTuner is popular and can control most of the fans on the graphics card and motherboard, but might be a little too complex if you are not sure what you are doing.

So what's your CPU temp?
Reply Quote
i have no idea whats controling the fans speed......i dont know how to check if my nividia is EVGA,

cpu goes up to 110
Reply Quote
i did a pretty good clean took m computer apart it seems that the temp of the cpu dosent rise as fast now while playing but it rises and dosent hold a stable temp
Reply Quote
why outta all the other high quality games i play that this one is making my computer run slow?
Reply Quote
No idea, they did indeed give up on this stating there wasn't enough common ground amongst the people having issues to pick out what may be causing the slow downs.
Reply Quote
Well, your computer is getting really hot. That's part of the problem, assuming you're talking about degrees C. But there's a problem with SC2 itself and not running perfect. Blizz's fault.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Is that CPU a Q6600 model? We have a few of those here and they hardly go above the early 60s (Celsius) when running Starcraft II for hours. Are you using the stock heatsink or a custom heatsink with the push/twist locks? If you are, make sure that all four sides are pressed down and locked properly as one loose side will cause temperatures to spike up like that.

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
[item="32727" /] http://www.surveymk.com/s/RHXXKHK
Reply Quote
Bump,
Reply Quote
gpu: 110c
temp1:55c
temp2:40c
temp4:40c
temp:110c
core0:49-50c
core 1: 48c
core 2: 47c
core 3: 49C
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]